Hacking Configurable USB Loader

R2-D2199

Trophies
Website
softwii.de
XP
Country
Gambia, The
My problem is that in my Wii with with 4.3 system menu it crashes in partitial and full. In My 3.4 version, the other wii I own I have no problem. As I mentioned earlier I suspect problematic Ios. Do I have to reinstall a specific IOS or many more?

It should work with the d2x cIOS v8 (or v9 beta).
Is your HDD FAT32 formatted?

genezix

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having a problem I can't seem to find the answer for. Everything appears to work fine for my CFG except when I download a theme from the interface and choose it, then hit "2" and exit, it doesn't save. It just keeps going back to the default theme. I've made sure nothing is read-only and the SD card switch isn't flipped to locked. The usb-loader directory is on my USB drive.

EDIT: Disregard x.x I figured it out with help from the forum.

stsaerox

As old as the NES
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
My problem is that in my Wii with with 4.3 system menu it crashes in partitial and full. In My 3.4 version, the other wii I own I have no problem. As I mentioned earlier I suspect problematic Ios. Do I have to reinstall a specific IOS or many more?

It should work with the d2x cIOS v8 (or v9 beta).
Is your HDD FAT32 formatted?

No it is NTFS. I'll try to use my usb flash drive it is it fat32 formatted. Have to copy a game first. Then cIOS... I'll let you know

stsaerox

As old as the NES
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Oh that's why. I have a 3tb disk and do not have that much games (and no way in the future) to use this as fat32 only for the wii. I have 2tb space and maybe I lose some files if I make a fat32 partition now even with a tool that shrinks partition....

Can I set this on my fat32 SD instead? Or building a sneek DI is a better option for me?

I cannot locate the info and requirements for nand emulation in the first post. Where I can find some more info?

crackinhedz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hopeing someone could help me out, have a couple questions regarding CFG Loader.

I have read just about every tutotrial I could find, even the readme.txt etc.

My problem is when CFG loads, it keps trying to read my config file from a usb drive, when instead I want it to read from my SDHC card. I tried editing the config.txt from both the root CFG and also the /app. Device = SDHC, No luck! I even used the CFG editor .exe to create a new config.txt file, and set everything to read from the SDHC. But still nothing. I must be missing something obvious, or does it only look to the usb for the config.txt first??

next question, is there a way when you play a game from the SDHC to quit back to CFG Loader instead of going back to wii system menu? This would be great feature!

Any taslk of support for emulators like wiiflow? this would also be great! (if already possible sorry for dumb request)

Thanks!

IMG_3580.jpg

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hopeing someone could help me out, have a couple questions regarding CFG Loader.

I have read just about every tutotrial I could find, even the readme.txt etc.

My problem is when CFG loads, it keps trying to read my config file from a usb drive, when instead I want it to read from my SDHC card. I tried editing the config.txt from both the root CFG and also the /app. Device = SDHC, No luck! I even used the CFG editor .exe to create a new config.txt file, and set everything to read from the SDHC. But still nothing. I must be missing something obvious, or does it only look to the usb for the config.txt first??

next question, is there a way when you play a game from the SDHC to quit back to CFG Loader instead of going back to wii system menu? This would be great feature!

Any taslk of support for emulators like wiiflow? this would also be great! (if already possible sorry for dumb request)

Thanks!

IMG_3580.jpg

So you want to load cfg loader from the sdhc card and have it load the games off the hard drive.

You should just be able to put all the cfg files on the sd card and leave nothing cfg related on the usb drive. Just the wbfs folder with the games in it.

Also to exit a game and load cfg again just put this in your config text

return_to_channel = auto

Using that it will return you to whatever method you launched cfg with.

So if you launch cfg loader with a forwarder channel it will basically go back to cfg again since its loading the forwarder channel.
If you launch cfg with the HBC then it will take you back to the HBC.

If you always want it to reboot into the forwarder channel no matter what replace "auto" with the ID of your forwarder channel.

Also i think all you need to add to the config is

device = sd

I don't think putting sdhc is necessary

crackinhedz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks icebrg, my problem is im not even using a usb drive. Only the SDHC card. So I don't know why its trying to load the config.txt from usb?

Thanks for the heads up on return = auto!

this will help.

iancer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
would
"nand_emu_path=sd:/"
allow me to use the savegame emu from the root of my sd card? or does it need to be inside a folder?
if it only works from usb, i would need to expand my 45gb fat partiton. i have a 640gb hard drive with usb1 fat, usb2 btfs. how long do you think a partion manager would take to expand my fat partion, which is at the front, lets say 2gb?
also, is there a global option i can add the my config.txt to default to 'partial'? i have a full nand dump om my sd, but would setting the option to 'full' increase compatability?
and...is there an easy way to use savegame managergx to dump saves to the nand? or to backupsaves then manually add them into my nand?
thank you so much!

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
It tries to read the config.txt first from where it was started.
Maybe has problems accessing your SD card, is it a SDHC type?
How are you starting it, from a forwarder or HBC?
Which cIOS do you have in slot 249?
You can try adding debug=1 in meta.xml which might help understand the issue better, it should print out a log of what it is doing. Edit meta.xml and add arguments before the line so, something like this:

Code:

debug=1

airline38

Trophies
XP
Country
Taiwan
Suppose the program should search config.txt from: "\usb-loader\" first.

If it can't be found, then the program will try to search config.txt from the same
folder as boot.dol (apps folder).

mrfunny

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just got around to adding my GC games to my hard drive and things are working great! One thing I can't seem to figure out is if its possible to have multiple paths to games (like one to my wbfs folder on my ntfs partition and one to my games folders on the main fat partition)?

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Wasn't DM(L) version detection added back in one of the latest rev's? I thought it was but I've been going through the changelog and I can't see which rev.

It was added previously but now in the settings menu it is displayed what version you have installed.The same place where it shows what cios you have installed.

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
Wasn't DM(L) version detection added back in one of the latest rev's? I thought it was but I've been going through the changelog and I can't see which rev.
It was added previously but now in the settings menu it is displayed what version you have installed.The same place where it shows what cios you have installed.
Okay, cool, thanks.
I actually found a couple of posts back that the setting where WE tell CFG which version we have was removed in one of the betas for r46.
That's what I was curious about. Just wanted to make sure it was being auto-detected again so we didn't have to be changing the setting.

Tristar

Trophies
XP
Country
.... is there a global option i can add the my config.txt to default to 'partial'?.....
Good question - Is there / will there be a way to globally set 'partial emulation' ?
Or must we go to the options of each title and set this individually? :huh:

Keep up the good work ;)

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
  1. The bug where the pointer drifts across the screen when using the CC is back. It was fixed in r36
  2. You still haven't fixed the color change.

1. In which version? The file wpad.c, which contains the fix, was not chaged since r36.
2. It will be fixed in the next version.
Perhaps it was never really fixed then. I don't use a CC very often. I'm using r48.

XICO2KX

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
In the project page, you say:
cfg-loader-mod said:
Future features:
-surprise :), something you have never seen in any other loader
Can you please give us some hints/teasers about this new secret feature? ;)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I think Switch 2 will launch about Christmas this year lol