Hacking Configurable USB Loader

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
SilverStar said:
I would really like to suggest that the change that was provided on page 1044, to allow a configurable cheat location, be implemented into the core. While it's very nice to have cheat functionality in this loader, it doesn't use the same cheat location that other applications do. And the cheat management feature of CFG doesn't let you modify codes that require it, which causes problems.

Right now, the only real solutions to those, are to download the codes manually (with any of the cheat management apps on HBB, such as Accio), then make edits to the code field (which is a feature of Accio, specifically for doing that), and then create the .gct, and THEN have to move it to the codes folder for CFG, either with WiiXplorer or by use of a computer.

If it were just patched to allow the cheat location to be changed, then it could readily be pointed at /codes/ on the SD/USB of choice. And it seems the actual code work was done, so would just have to be recompiled as an official patch.

Please?
smile.gif
I'm pretty sure Cfg uses both the /codes AND /codes locations already, so if that is the location you want, then no change is necessary.

linkz4461

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I go to load a game in Configurable USB loader, it will only load the game if the burned disc is in the drive. For example, I put Xenoblade that is burned to a DVD into the drive, and then load it using the app from my hardrive and it will start the game up. However, if I select Super Smash Bros Brawl, it will load up Xenoblade. So it loads whatever game is in the drive no matter which one you select from the menu. If I select a game from my USB hardrive while there is no disc in the drive, I get an error ret -2. Any ideas how I can fix this?? My drive is NTFS format and I am using CIOS 222 v5

Shadic

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
shadic.fleepa.net
XP
Country
United States
Is there a way to make it so that using the Wii's "Reset" function (Accessed by hitting Home on the Wiimote) resets the game, instead of going back to the Wii's start menu? A friend of mine claims that his only restarts the game... Which would be extremely handy in Fire Emblem.

I'm using Priiloader is that impacts things.

SilverStar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Dr. Clipper said:
SilverStar said:
I would really like to suggest that the change that was provided on page 1044, to allow a configurable cheat location, be implemented into the core. While it's very nice to have cheat functionality in this loader, it doesn't use the same cheat location that other applications do. And the cheat management feature of CFG doesn't let you modify codes that require it, which causes problems.

Right now, the only real solutions to those, are to download the codes manually (with any of the cheat management apps on HBB, such as Accio), then make edits to the code field (which is a feature of Accio, specifically for doing that), and then create the .gct, and THEN have to move it to the codes folder for CFG, either with WiiXplorer or by use of a computer.

If it were just patched to allow the cheat location to be changed, then it could readily be pointed at /codes/ on the SD/USB of choice. And it seems the actual code work was done, so would just have to be recompiled as an official patch.

Please?
smile.gif
I'm pretty sure Cfg uses both the /codes AND /codes locations already, so if that is the location you want, then no change is necessary.
Well look at that. Thanks for that then.

For consideration, it might be worth making it a configurable option in future versions, where it can be a toggle for which location is selected first, then. Either way, cheers.
smile.gif

bulletmark

Trophies
XP
Country
Shadic said:
Is there a way to make it so that using the Wii's "Reset" function (Accessed by hitting Home on the Wiimote) resets the game, instead of going back to the Wii's start menu? A friend of mine claims that his only restarts the game... Which would be extremely handy in Fire Emblem.

Resets the game for me. I'm using the latest Priiloader 0.7, CFG v70, and d2x v6 final. I think the d2x v6 final is needed.

Sacohen9665

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bulletmark said:
Shadic said:

Resets the game for me. I'm using the latest Priiloader 0.7, CFG v70, and d2x v6 final. I think the d2x v6 final is needed.

I think it depends on the game. I have some games where it resets the game and others where it reloads CFG.

pjmorie

Trophies
XP
Country
camurso_ said:
Sorry for asking, but is there any way to play driver using this loader?

Thank you

I'm using the current version and it goes to black screens at the end of each mission, your progress isn't lost but you have to reset the Wii to continue on to the next mission.

cala

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
camurso_ said:

Thank you

pjmorie said:
QUOTE(camurso_ @ Sep 20 2011, 05:06 PM) Sorry for asking, but is there any way to play driver using this loader?

Thank you

I'm using the current version and it goes to black screens at the end of each mission, your progress isn't lost but you have to reset the Wii to continue on to the next mission.

Yes, you can use 250 instead of the default 249. Works for me on my v70 CFG USBLoader

cala

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BUG: whenever i load up v70 USB Loader with my wii classic controller attached, the USBLoader will crash (stack dump)

Only works if i detached my classic controller before i enter USB Loader from the Wii Menu

WalkerOfTheDay

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
cala said:
camurso_ said:

Thank you

pjmorie said:
QUOTE(camurso_ @ Sep 20 2011, 05:06 PM) Sorry for asking, but is there any way to play driver using this loader?

Thank you

Yes, you can use 250 instead of the default 249. Works for me on my v70 CFG USBLoader

Really ??

This is the first report i've seen of Driver working in CFG.
I thought only GX was capable of playing that game currently.

lostdwarf

Trophies
Website
www.rockstarleeds.com
XP
Country
Since the new release I cannot load any games. I get the message:

An error has occurred.
\\\press the eject button, remove the disc,
and turn off the power to the console.
Please refer to the wii operations manual
for details

everything worked fine before I did it. I had just finished playing wiiplaymotionplus, now that also gives the error.
pal wii, 4.2 , bootmiiv2+ios , cfgusbloaderv70release, 249, usb2, ciosrev10(it works well)
I am using this usbloader not from a disc. Although I have attempted with and without a disc in the tray with no success or change.

Devante

Crescent fresh at best.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just a quick idea.

Instead of screensaver, have the ability to auto rotate through the games slowly until someone moves the controller, then have it snap back to where it was.

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
lostdwarf said:
update: I found excite truck works and so does mad wrold and mario kart.
nothing else does though but I forgot I updated my wii shopping channel too would that have anything to do with the error?
How is your drive formatted? If WBFS, then this is almost certainly the WBFS drive corruption issue. If that's the case, there's no real solution apart from reformatting the drive, although some games will start to fail or even fix themselves at random if you install or delete other games.

Also, is there any chance that you have saved per-game options for those particular games and not others? If so, see what is different between them.

lostdwarf

Trophies
Website
www.rockstarleeds.com
XP
Country
Dr. Clipper said:
lostdwarf said:
update: I found excite truck works and so does mad wrold and mario kart.
nothing else does though but I forgot I updated my wii shopping channel too would that have anything to do with the error?
How is your drive formatted? If WBFS, then this is almost certainly the WBFS drive corruption issue. If that's the case, there's no real solution apart from reformatting the drive, although some games will start to fail or even fix themselves at random if you install or delete other games.

Also, is there any chance that you have saved per-game options for those particular games and not others? If so, see what is different between them.

It is indeed WBFS... what drive corruption issue? :/
should I copy my games to another drive? or will they copy over broken?

I dont know what you mean about the saves...
edit. I know what you mean now but no that doesnt seem to matter as madworld has particular per game options and works and so does mariokart which just worked without changing anything.
EDITAGAIN.
wiiplaymotion worked this morning but in black and white so I forced pal60 and I got that damn error again.

timerider

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi, I've been working on themes lately and was wondering if it's possible to lower the boxes display in the 3d gui. I have figured out replacing the background .png's, and can move and size the covers in console mode, but I can't seem to adjust size or position of boxes in 3D gui mode. I would like the boxes lower on the screen, less reflection shown on bottom and more room up top to display theme. I have also tried the configurator program as well with no joy, does anybody have any ideas. Thanks in advance.............

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
timerider said:
Hi, I've been working on themes lately and was wondering if it's possible to lower the boxes display in the 3d gui. I have figured out replacing the background .png's, and can move and size the covers in console mode, but I can't seem to adjust size or position of boxes in 3D gui mode. I would like the boxes lower on the screen, less reflection shown on bottom and more room up top to display theme. I have also tried the configurator program as well with no joy, does anybody have any ideas. Thanks in advance.............
Unfortunately that's not possible for now, I wanted to make the flow mode also obey the gui_cover_area option but I haven't got time to do that.

timerider

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi, thanks for the fast reply, I hope maybe you will add the feature in a later version. Even if it was a 3 position setting, (0=default center of screen, 1=upper section of screen, 2=lower section of screen), it would be cool. Also wanted to thank the programmers for their excellent work on an excellent USB Loader. I was a die hard WiiFLOW fan for over 2 years until it became difficult to get new games running and I started having major stability problems, freezing when loading etc. Out of frustration I finally switched over to CFG because I heard it was stable, and heard it supported d2x v6. I must say in the week or 2 I've been running it I've been completely blown away. Totally 100% stable not one problem, runs every game I've ever had a problem with flawlessly (even the new DRIVER SF), and way faster initial game loading as well as in game level loading. For anyone fighting with Wiiflow right now I highly recommend it, CFG USBloader and d2x v6 is the way to go.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Metoroid0 @ Metoroid0: im more interested in metroid prime 4