Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
macius said:
Hi,

QUOTE said:
Are you using the latest version? Update you loader to v65 with the full package on the first site.

Yes, already on v65-release.

Macius
That's strange, you should still come to the main menu where you can select the partition, or is it exiting after this message? What's happening after this message? Do you come to the drive selection menu? Are you able to simply press 1 to change the partition? Sorry for asking so much it worked perfect every time even with HDDs and other partitions for me.

pplucky

Trophies
XP
Country
macius said:
FIX94 said:
OK, the forwarder is loading the application, in our situation it's loading the usb loader from your sd card, correct? Then you don't need to modify something, the forwarder will load the usb loader from sd card and the usb loader will load the games from your NTFS HDD.

Ehm, yes, it loads the NTFS Partition, but not automatically. The loader reports "Not a FAT1, or WBFS Partition", so i need to manually select the NTFS partition in order to see my games
frown.gif
Only i need now is the loader should try to mount NTFS automatically, too. Like on the old FAT HDD
smile.gif
Can you try changing parameter partition in your config.txt file? I think that is the reason why that happens to you... You should have there partition = FAT1 and you need something like partition = NTFS2, no?

Try it and let us know.

jesquinas

Trophies
XP
Country
FIX94 said:
OK, the forwarder is loading the application, in our situation it's loading the usb loader from your sd card, correct? Then you don't need to modify something, the forwarder will load the usb loader from sd card and the usb loader will load the games from your NTFS HDD. The loader could also be directly on the NTFS partition, but then you could not update the loader because there are some small path and write problems, so better let everything on sd card.
I think that the USB Loader updates fine from a NTFS partition,the problem is that HBC doesnt support such partitions.My setup is:
- I dont have SD card.
- Two partitions: the first one in FAT for storing the /apps folder and the second one in NTFS for storing the games.

Greetings.

macius

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi,

pplucky said:
Can you try changing parameter partition in your config.txt file? I think that is the reason why that happens to you... You should have there partition = FAT1 and you need something like partition = NTFS2, no?

Try it and let us know.

I changed from "auto" to "NTFS2", but still "Partition: FAT1 not found"
frown.gif
He should look for NTFS, not for FAT
frown.gif

Any ideas?

THX
Macius

pplucky

Trophies
XP
Country
macius said:
Hi,

pplucky said:

Try it and let us know.

I changed from "auto" to "NTFS2", but still "Partition: FAT1 not found"
frown.gif
He should look for NTFS, not for FAT
frown.gif

Any ideas?

THX
Macius
Can you also check your settings.cfg file? I think that can be set there.

macius

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
pplucky said:

Yeah, now he means "Partitioin: NTFS2 not found", so i changed it to NTFS1 and voila! => It was settings.cfg and not config.txt
smile.gif

Thank you all!!!
bow.gif
grog.gif

Macius.

pplucky

Trophies
XP
Country
macius said:
pplucky said:

Yeah, now he means "Partitioin: NTFS2 not found", so i changed it to NTFS1 and voila! => It was settings.cfg and not config.txt
smile.gif

Thank you all!!!
bow.gif
grog.gif

Macius.
Best is to use the Configurator instead of editing manually the files, but sometimes it's faster and easier... Great I could help!

macius

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
pplucky said:
Best is to use the Configurator instead of editing manually the files, but sometimes it's faster and easier... Great I could help!

Oh, i'm a console junkie on Linux. All the windoze-progz do not work for me, but thank you for the hint!
smile.gif

Thank you again!
smile.gif

Macius.

pplucky

Trophies
XP
Country
jesquinas said:
I always have thought that the options managements with config.txt,settings.cfg,etc is very very confusing.

Greetings.
It's not the simplest, yes! Specially, it is odd to understand which one has more priority over the other...

macius

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
macius said:
Oh, i'm a console junkie on Linux. All the windoze-progz do not work for me, but thank you for the hint!
smile.gif

OK, guys, an update!
smile.gif

Uh, oh, ah! A great news! My ext2-USB-HDD loads automatically now, too!!! The only you need is to set properly settings.cfg to "partition = EXT1"
smile.gif

Yeah, finally i'm FREE!
smile.gif

Greetz!
smile.gif

Macius

jesquinas

Trophies
XP
Country
pplucky said:
jesquinas said:
I always have thought that the options managements with config.txt,settings.cfg,etc is very very confusing.

Greetings.
It's not the simplest, yes! Specially, it is odd to understand which one has more priority over the other...
And isnt necessary to use two files for handling the program configuration.Maybe 66 release does a better management :-)

Greetings.

pplucky

Trophies
XP
Country
macius said:
macius said:
smile.gif

OK, guys, an update!
smile.gif

Uh, oh, ah! A great news! My ext2-USB-HDD loads automatically now, too!!! The only you need is to set properly settings.cfg to "partition = EXT1"
smile.gif

Yeah, finally i'm FREE!
smile.gif

Greetz!
smile.gif

Macius
Have you tried deleting that line from either config.txt and settings.cfg? I think it will assume AUTO and will connect to the first available and valid partition. Try it and let us know!

macius

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
pplucky said:
Have you tried deleting that line from either config.txt and settings.cfg? I think it will assume AUTO and will connect to the first available and valid partition. Try it and let us know!

OK, tried it now. My conclusion:

a) config.txt is irrelevant. Only settings.cfg will be catch.

b) "AUTO" is not a valid name for autoselection for the partition type => "Partition: AUTO not found", so either you do not have a partition line in settings.cfg, then it try to mount wbfs and FAT, or you will set it explicit to other partytion type like NTFS1, or EXT1.

c) for further questions/certainty i think we should look in the code (http://code.google.com/p/cfg-loader/source/browse/) and do not make a guess...

cu
Macius

pplucky

Trophies
XP
Country
macius said:
a) config.txt is irrelevant. Only settings.cfg will be catch.These settings will only be picked up from config.txt if they are not in settings.cfg! According to help below, it should...

macius said:
b) "AUTO" is not an valid name for autoselection for the partition type => "Partition: AUTO not found", so either you do not have a partition setting in settings.cfg, then it try to mount wbfs and FAT, or you will set it explicit to other partytion type like NTFS1, or EXT1.I'm almost sure it must be auto (no capitals), but what I meant was to delete that partition line at all from both config.txt and settings.cfg to check if it would work automatically. According to help below, it should...

QUOTE(macius @ Feb 8 2011, 02:46 AM)
c) for further questions/certainty i think we should look in the source (http://code.google.com/p/cfg-loader/source/checkout) and do not make a guess...
No need, here's the Configurator help for that option:
Partition Option

partition

Input Formats

auto Select the first valid partition of WBFS1, FAT1 and NTFS1
ask Ask which to use
WBFS WBFS partition (1-4)
FAT FAT partition (1-9)
NTFS NTFS partition (1-9)
number Number of chosen format type[/font]

Description
This chooses which WBFS, FAT or NTFS partition is chosen at startup. If you choose ask, the loader will ask you which to use. The numbers refer to the partition number. E.g., FAT2 is the second FAT partition.

Note: The partition option can also appear in settings.cfg, which has the highest priority. Look there first if the setting in config.txt isn't working for you.

macius

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
pplucky said:
The numbers refer to the partition number. E.g., FAT2 is the second FAT partition.

Oh, yeah! I see!
smile.gif

The other things i'll it check tommorow. 2:11 AM here in Germany
wacko.gif

Good night!
smile.gif

Macius

gqzang

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am using V65 of CFG Loader, and my HDD has NTFS partition. When I use the "remove game" option in the main menu, although it says that the game is removed after I follows the direction, when I come back to the GUI, the game is still there. Does anyone knows if there is a switch in the settings that allows me to perform this "remove game" function correctly? thanks in advance.

pplucky

Trophies
XP
Country
gqzang said:
I am using V65 of CFG Loader, and my HDD has NTFS partition. When I use the "remove game" option in the main menu, although it says that the game is removed after I follows the direction, when I come back to the GUI, the game is still there. Does anyone knows if there is a switch in the settings that allows me to perform this "remove game" function correctly? thanks in advance.
Maybe this...
NTFS Write Option

ntfs_write

Input Formats
0 disabled
1 enabled with recovery
norecover enabled without recovery

Description
If your drive is formatted as NTFS, then this option will let you write games to the drive if you switch it on. The recovery is performed only if there is a crash while an access to the drive is being performed. If you disable it, you will need to use Windows to perform the recovery instead.

Bloodlust

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hong Kong
macius said:
pplucky said:

smile.gif

Thank you all!!!
bow.gif
grog.gif

Macius.

Hi, I also have an NTFS single partition which I would use with USBLoaderCFG - UCXF - IOS58 v8b.wad. It's able to mount the loader from it but it always looks for the FAT partition.

So do I generate settings.cfg and use "Partition = NTFS1" or "EXT1"? Does settings.cfg have priority over config.txt? Can I delete config.txt?

pplucky

Trophies
XP
Country
Bloodlust said:
Hi, I also have an NTFS single partition which I would use with USBLoaderCFG - UCXF - IOS58 v8b.wad. It's able to mount the loader from it but it always looks for the FAT partition.

So do I generate settings.cfg and use "Partition = NTFS1" or "EXT1"?According to the Configurator help, I would simply delete the line (if existing), from either settings.cfg or config.txt

Bloodlust said:
Does settings.cfg have priority over config.txt?For common definitions, yes it does!

QUOTE(Bloodlust @ Feb 8 2011, 08:51 AM)
Can I delete config.txt?
Why in the world would you do that? NO, don't do it!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://gfuel.com/products/goth-gf-collectors-box?utm_source=Klaviyo_campaign&utm_medium=email&ut...