Hacking Configurable USB Loader

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
OncleJulien said:
updated to the latest alpha, getting a stack dump when i attempt to update the wiitdb database - is it just me? fat32, single partition, seems to happen after download, when its attempting to write to the drive. i blew away the old file, in case of corruption, to let it write a new one, but ti exhibits the same behavior. titles.txt downloads and writes fine, however, as do covers.
You're right, I tried it now and it crashed 3 out of 4 times.
Two times it hanged and once it made a DSI exception, but the stack trace was not printed out unfortunately.
If you manage to get a stack trace, can you post it? It might help me a little bit.
I suspect the problems is the updated devkit and libogc.
It could be an actual bug on our side that is just now exposed.
I'll look into it.

airline38

Trophies
XP
Country
Taiwan
I tried to install an original Korean Wii game (WiiFit)
to a WBFS or a NTFS hard drive by using V60+IOS249 v20-56 or v19-57.

However, I got the error "Wbfs panic: malloc fst" after I selected "install
game" from the Main Menu.

I am sure this game disc is OK because I can boot it directly from a Korean Wii (4.2K)
or boot it from "boot disc" of the CFG main menu.

Is the reason that current CFG doesn't support to install an original Korean game
to hard drive ? missing a Korean common key ??

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
airline38 said:
Is the reason that current CFG doesn't support to install an original Korean game
Possible.
Does it work with any other loader? (wiiflow, gx, uloader)

JopoElLoco

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
JopoElLoco said:
Hello.
I have noob problem, and i swear you that I tried search help before posting here
biggrin.gif

So, I bought Wii, and it was 4.2E (virgin) and i used That Guide to softmod it. Now i have homebrew channel working, installed everything and i took backups from Nands. Then i installed Configurable USB Loader. I have 500gb buffalo HDD (Fat32) and i put my backup there (in Root/wbfs Folder) The backup name is the game ID (RD2E41) - Red Steel 2. The only problem is, when i trie to boot it, it gives me error.

[+] Booting wii game, please wait....

ERROR: opening RD2E41

Press any button to exit....

Any ideas how to fix that?
I solved my problem. The gameID was wrong. I used Wii backup Manager to re-check gameID, re-named the backup and it's working great now.
Thank you for your help oggzee

airline38

Trophies
XP
Country
Taiwan
oggzee said:
airline38 said:
Possible.
Does it work with any other loader? (wiiflow, gx, uloader)

I am not familiar with other loaders. So I have no idea if other loaders can work or not.

FYI, I can use "superdump" to extract the disc to an ISO file then use "wit" to convert ISO to a WBFS file.

However, CFG UL can't load this game ( system is frozen) after I copy the wbfs file to
a NTFS hard drive.

airline38

Trophies
XP
Country
Taiwan
Regarding the the error "Wbfs panic: malloc fst" when I installed an original
Korean Wii game (WiiFit), I just tested by using WiiFlow v2.2 as well as ULGX r929
and I got "DSI -code dump error" for both.

What does the error "Wbfs panic: malloc fst" stand for ? the disc was not recognized ?
But there is no problem to use "boot disc" to boot/start the game.

fattest

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
can someone explain to me how to use ocarina cheats in cfg usb loader? i downloaded the cheats for wwe svr2010, enabled the cheats i wanted, saved the gct file, turned on ocarina cheats from the game options, but i don't know what 'hook type' should be set to. i tried setting it to none, but the game froze at the main menu.

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
fattest said:
can someone explain to me how to use ocarina cheats in cfg usb loader? i downloaded the cheats for wwe svr2010, enabled the cheats i wanted, saved the gct file, turned on ocarina cheats from the game options, but i don't know what 'hook type' should be set to. i tried setting it to none, but the game froze at the main menu.
The hook type VBI works with the most games, if it doesn't work, try another one.

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
Just a note, I have removed the 61a from the online update list, since it turned to not be stable enough.
(The files are still on the server if someone wants them)

randosity42

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, i have cfg usb loader installed, and I am having a problem where the batteries are erratic when I play games through it or use it. When I play games through it the Battery is usually one bar even if it is 4 before I run cfg usb loader. The wii remote will disconnect due to low battery, then all four lights will blink when I press a button, and it will connect and say low battery again

Fahrenheit

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey sorry for the silly question but right now I have everything working fine with a fat formated hard drive. Id like to go over to an NTFS format for more usability of the drive. As of now with Configurable USB I can just format over the NTFS and dump ISOs right into the root of the dirve and be ok right? Or do I have to put ISOs in an ISO folder like WBFS files?

bralph

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having trouble getting the microphone recognized in Def Jam Rapstar. The mic works fine on all my other RB/GH games on CFG, but not Def Jam Rapstar. I updated from v57-222 to v60-222, but it didn't help. If I look in the options for loading the game, it's using 222-mload, which is the same setting I use for the other games. I also tried 223-mload, but it still didn't recognize it.

The mic works fine if I load the game from disc, but I'd really like to get it working for CFG if possible.

I'm on 4.2U.

hetfield

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
bralph said:
I'm having trouble getting the microphone recognized in Def Jam Rapstar. The mic works fine on all my other RB/GH games on CFG, but not Def Jam Rapstar. I updated from v57-222 to v60-222, but it didn't help. If I look in the options for loading the game, it's using 222-mload, which is the same setting I use for the other games. I also tried 223-mload, but it still didn't recognize it.

The mic works fine if I load the game from disc, but I'd really like to get it working for CFG if possible.

I'm on 4.2U.
If it works fine on disk, do you use neogamma?
If so, the game works with ios249[38], then in CFG you can set it to ios249[38] and it should work too.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Report:
Today (21-10-2010) I updated to CFG v61 (alpha).

It seems this version has a lot of changes for the worst.

- cover download links are changed and don't work.
- loader crashes a lot, screen is hanging or jumps to DSI error screen, the remote doesn't respond anymore.
- mp3 music is not working anymore.
- update to another version will not work, loader crashes.

When opening sd card on PC after crash, there is no boot.dol, only boot.dol.bak
Renaming to boot.dol does not fix it, it still crashes randomly.

Only option is to replace v60, which still works perfectly.
Repeated update to v61 several times, keeps crashing.

hetfield

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Fahrenheit said:
Hey sorry for the silly question but right now I have everything working fine with a fat formated hard drive. Id like to go over to an NTFS format for more usability of the drive. As of now with Configurable USB I can just format over the NTFS and dump ISOs right into the root of the dirve and be ok right? Or do I have to put ISOs in an ISO folder like WBFS files?

Place and rename iso files like one of the following:

\wbfs\GAMEID.iso
\wbfs\Title [GAMEID].iso
\wbfs\Title [GAMEID]\GAMEID.iso
\wbfs\GAMEID_Title\GAMEID.iso

----------------------------------------------------------------------

oggzee said:
QUOTE(SleepyPrince @ Oct 20 2010, 07:37 PM) can anyone get the WiiRD setting saved in Global Options?
It is always off even I have saved it
That setting doesn't get saved, sorry.
You will have to edit config.txt by hand if you want it enabled by default.
Where can i find an explanation what WiiRD and other new additions are exactly and what they do for cfg v60+??

hetfield

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
FIX94 said:
I will upload the new forwarder later!
edit: Here is the new one:
USBLoaderCFG - UCXF - IOS58 v4.wad
(right click - save as)
Ehm, this forwarder only works with the loader on SD Card.
Suggestion:
Since i (and probably more people) also use the original SD Card forwarder, it would be handy if u use the SD and USB Icon only in channels which work for what they are made for.
So you can see clearly the difference between a sd and usb forwarder.

question:
What is the advantage of a forwarder channel using ios58 if it only works for sd card?
I don't notice any difference in loading speed.

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
hetfield said:
Report:
Today (21-10-2010) I updated to CFG v61 (alpha).
It seems this version has a lot of changes for the worst.
- cover download links are changed and don't work.
- loader crashes a lot, screen is hanging or jumps to DSI error screen, the remote doesn't respond anymore.
- mp3 music is not working anymore.
- update to another version will not work, loader crashes.
Yes, as I said:
QUOTE(oggzee @ Oct 21 2010, 09:16 PM) Just a note, I have removed the 61a from the online update list, since it turned to not be stable enough.
(The files are still on the server if someone wants them)
All of this seems to be caused by the latest devkit & libogc.
I will post a new alpha when it's ready.
Till then, forget about 61a.

bralph

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hetfield said:
bralph said:

I'm on 4.2U.
If it works fine on disk, do you use neogamma?
If so, the game works with ios249[38], then in CFG you can set it to ios249[38] and it should work too.

I actually own the disc (crazy, I know...), so I've only tried CFG and loading from the actual disc from the standard Wii menu. I'll try ios249 though and see what happens.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte