Hacking Configurable USB Loader

bralph

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dochog said:
Has anyone ever had any issues with WD My Passport Essential hard drives? I have a 320GB & a 500GB. Both Fat formatted. I tried to add to the drive thru my computer and I get a drive not formatted error. I have been able to recover the files and reformat but it is a very long process. This has happened to both my drives now. Has this happened to anyone else? I liked these drives since they had no power cord but I think I will just stick to the My Book that I have. Had no issues with it. I think from now on I will stop and "eject" my portable drives before disconnecting them from the computer.

I'm using a My Passport 500 GB. Don't remember for sure, but I think I too had trouble getting it to FAT32 format correctly in Windows. I believe I ended up downloading a Live CD of Ubuntu and formatting the drive through Ubuntu instead.

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
cfg v61a3 (alpha)
cfg61a3.dol
cfg61a3-222.dol
(or online update)
Changes:

cfg v61a3 (alpha)
* Upgraded devkitppc 17 to 22 (again)
* Fixed devkitppc 22 and net related crashes (hopefully)
* URL options will now accept also numeric IP address

Seems to work fine now, but let me know if there are any problems with it.

glukriek

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello Oggzee,

I have a quick question, I tried PES2011 pal yesterday on a US wii (recent NTSC TV) and it worked flawlessly without any configuration on v56. The only thing is that once in a while I have a black screen for a second or so in game. I noticed that for other PAL games such as F12009 or NSMB.

Is it because of my TV or can I take care of that by changing the video mode in the options?

Thanks

wiiuser2

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Dochog said:
Has anyone ever had any issues with WD My Passport Essential hard drives? I have a 320GB & a 500GB. Both Fat formatted. I tried to add to the drive thru my computer and I get a drive not formatted error. I have been able to recover the files and reformat but it is a very long process. This has happened to both my drives now. Has this happened to anyone else? I liked these drives since they had no power cord but I think I will just stick to the My Book that I have. Had no issues with it. I think from now on I will stop and "eject" my portable drives before disconnecting them from the computer.

Hi Dochog, this sounds familiar. I had the same problem, it is caused by the fact that some(!) laptop's/ PC's cannot give enough power to the WD drive through the single USB connector. When this happens, the PC reports the drive as not being formatted.
Unfortunately, this drive is shipped with just a single connector cable.
After I bought a new cable which has two USB connectors (one for data & power, second one for just power) this issue disappeared.

P.S. never had this with Seagate FreeAgent Go drives, which is now my default...;-)

Hope this helps

hetfield

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
bralph said:
Loading with ios249 didn't work either. Game loads, but no mic detected.

You didn't write what ios249rev you're using, but use rev19 (ios249[38]rev19), it's better then rev20 and will work 100% with any problem.
No matter what everybody tells you about rev20, it does have some bugs, especially when it comes to mics and recognizing HDD's.
closedeyes.gif

hetfield

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Pippin666 said:
v60a3-222, cfg tells me that it's using hermes mload 5.0, when 222 is installed with the 5.1 installer with default base,...

Pip'
I don't know about v60, but all previous cfg versions do not work with ios222v5, they (incl. v60) work perfectly with ios222[37-38]v4.
yaywii.gif

Question:
Where can i find an explanation what WiiRD and other new additions are exactly and what they do for cfg v60+??

rodpat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
guys can someone help me?
I have got the 35a version how do update for the newest one?
Do i need to uninstall the old one first or just install the newest one over it?
TKS

chop

Trophies
XP
Country
rodpat said:
Do i need to uninstall the old one first or just install the newest one over it?
TKS

Press 1, twice to go into global options then choose the update option, simples.

rodpat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
chop said:
rodpat said:
TKS

Press 1, twice to go into global options then choose the update option, simples.

this version does not have this option.

Rodent

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
when using wbfs_file in linux:

does a simple
Code:
wbfs_file XYZ.iso
automatically scrub the result, making the filesize smaller?

or do i have to use the scrub command on all isos before converting to wbfs?

thanks
/A

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
Sacohen9665 said:
Download the flavor that you want Fat or Non Fat from the post on the previous page.

http://gbatemp.net/t147638-configurable-us...t&p=3228959

and put it on your drive or SD card replacing the old version that you have now.
The choice is just whether you prefer 249 or 222 as your IOS now. Both versions support both fat and non-fat.

rodpat said:
QUOTE(Sacohen9665 @ Oct 29 2010, 06:37 PM) Download the flavor that you want Fat or Non Fat from the post on the previous page.

http://gbatemp.net/t147638-configurable-us...t&p=3228959

and put it on your drive or SD card replacing the old version that you have now.

my usb loader is on my wii memory not in the sdcard
We don't do full channels and have never condoned them. Just follow the instructions here to install the loader and then follow the instructions here to install a forwarder channel to still have a channel on your Wii, but one that allows you to have cover art, settings and is upgradeable online.

You can also install the loader onto the drive instead of the SD if you like (provided the drive has either a FAT or NTFS partition).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/j-JgIxFZTKY?si=9yG57ooZm1wvSOsz