Website
blogs.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Brazil
harmor said:
pedimaisum said:
Olá Dr. Clipper
I was having some problem with cfg 57b4 and other loaders (neogama r7, r8, usbloader GX) playing Rygar - Battle of Argus. The game freezes randomly in diferent points, like 20, 30 min. of game. When restart wii and load last save, I can pass through freeze point and play for more 20, 30min. then freeze again. I was loading game with ios 249 rev14 (and the loader too), with default configurations (and the new patchs (pop and DVD).

I try this config: Loader in 249 and game on ios 222-mload and I can play during 4 hours with no freezes!
smile.gif

My dumb question is: what is the "mload" writed in side of "222".

Second question: I acquired COD MW Reflex and I want do backup in HD. To play COD MW Reflex with CFG Usbloader 57v4b I have to config the loader with a specific configuration? (like alt dol, wdm, patch, etc? I read many problems with this game).

By the way, my first experience with alt dol (Disc+) was with Red Steel 1 and works fine with RED.wdm

Tenx for your attention and hardwork.

You should upgrade from rev14 to rev19. Use IOS57 as the base.

"mload" is the name of the module the developers added to the cIOS.

I have COD: MW Reflex working on my Wii. I don't feel like turning it on to see what settings I have it on.

@Harmor Tenx for the fast help and reply, Good Night!

@pedimaisum update to 57b5, because 57b4 had issue with codes not saving.
@transam81 tenx for the tip!

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
@transam81, the clear_patches not saving thing is in 57b5, which is the latest version. It's not a big bug and you can work-around it with the Configurator. The fixed version will hopefully be released soon...

pedimaisum said:
Olá Dr. Clipper
I was having some problem with cfg 57b4 and other loaders (neogama r7, r8, usbloader GX) playing Rygar - Battle of Argus. The game freezes randomly in diferent points, like 20, 30 min. of game. When restart wii and load last save, I can pass through freeze point and play for more 20, 30min. then freeze again. I was loading game with ios 249 rev14 (and the loader too), with default configurations (and the new patchs (pop and DVD).

I try this config: Loader in 249 and game on ios 222-mload and I can play during 4 hours with no freezes!
smile.gif

My dumb question is: what is the "mload" writed in side of "222".

Second question: I acquired COD MW Reflex and I want do backup in HD. To play COD MW Reflex with CFG Usbloader 57v4b I have to config the loader with a specific configuration? (like alt dol, wdm, patch, etc? I read many problems with this game).

By the way, my first experience with alt dol (Disc+) was with Red Steel 1 and works fine with RED.wdm

Tenx for your attention and hardwork.

I'm not sure about COD, but I believe it might be an IOS reloading game. If so, there is no way to make it work with Cfg from USB.

QUOTE(tecatoman @ Jun 4 2010, 12:56 PM) Hi first time leaving a commend, I updated from 50 to 57b4 via internet and now I cant make my code work. Do I go back to 50 or am i missing something?
These instructions are the best for upgrading offline. Occasionally, online updates can fail (we've increased their stability lately, though) and you probably ran into that.

George Dawes

Wanker
Trophies
Website
www.indymedia.org.uk
XP
Country
Chad
dabotsonline said:
Using the Configurator / by manually editing the configuration files, is there any way for this loader to show the region of a game in addition to the title?
You could edit custom-titles.txt and include PAL/USA/JPN in the title for each game you own, but it would take a min or two if you have a lot of games.

peppers

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a feature request. My nephew asks me 4 cheats for every game cuz he kinda sucks(hes like 6) and there is not always internet there I would like the option to download all cheats.

DGenerateKane

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wasn't cheats fixed in 57b5? I just updated to 57b5 and downloaded cheats for SMG2 and all of them are not selectable. Checked cheats I already have and they are the same.

pedimaisum

Trophies
Website
blogs.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Brazil
QUOTE said:
Yeah, I guess Rygar is a big game, which means that rev14 would crash.
"mload" is actually the name of Hermes' module within the loader. It is used to distinguish it from another IOS that used to be around and also went into the 222 slot (yal by kwiirk).
I'm not sure about COD, but I believe it might be an IOS reloading game. If so, there is no way to make it work with Cfg from USB.

Tenx Dr. Clipper!

Rygar is working fine now with 222-mload. I'll try Okami with
222 too, because this game freeze randomly to me sometimes. All other my games works fine with CFG Usbloader 57v4b and 249 rev14.

I played the firsts 2 missions of COD: MWReflex with Neogamma R7. until now this
works fine. But I dont play the "problematic" mission yet mentioned in most
forums (the nuclear explosion). I will save if I can and after try play this mission in CFG
with default configuration. Then I come back with results.

Good night!

George Dawes

Wanker
Trophies
Website
www.indymedia.org.uk
XP
Country
Chad
DGenerateKane said:
Wasn't cheats fixed in 57b5? I just updated to 57b5 and downloaded cheats for SMG2 and all of them are not selectable. Checked cheats I already have and they are the same.
Broken in 57b5. They work in 57b4.

QUOTE(pedimaisum @ Jun 4 2010, 07:50 AM) All other my games works fine with CFG Usbloader 57v4b and 249 rev14.
Any reason for using rev14? You would be much better off using rev19.

pedimaisum

Trophies
Website
blogs.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Brazil
pedimaisum said:
All other my games works fine with CFG Usbloader 57v4b and 249 rev14.
QUOTE said:
Any reason for using rev14? You would be much better off using rev19.
in fact there is a reason. I followed a tutorial to install the Homebrew Channel, and DVDx
the BootMii, ios 249, 222, 223 and 250, in addition to Neogamma r7, few months ago.

As my SD is 128mb, I could not backup the NAND (The bootmii is installed as boot2, by the way).

So until I get a SD with size needed to perform the backup, I'm choosing not to hold any further modification, because I'm afraid to brick.

When I have a 1GB SD card, (or to discover some way to dump in a USB device) I'll make a NAND backup and then I'll to update the 249.

Tenx for attention
smile.gif

PsyBlade

Snake Charmer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
George Dawes said:
dabotsonline said:
Using the Configurator / by manually editing the configuration files, is there any way for this loader to show the region of a game in addition to the title?
You could edit custom-titles.txt and include PAL/USA/JPN in the title for each game you own, but it would take a min or two if you have a lot of games.

meh manual editing

heres some regex for that

Code:
s/^...P.. =/\ 0 (EUR)/
s/^...J.. =/\ 0 (JPN)/
s/^...E.. =/\ 0 (USA)/

hope I got the Regions right...

edit: or if you want it at the end instead of front
CODE
s/^...P.*/\ 0 (EUR)/
s/^...J.*/\ 0 (JPN)/
s/^...E.*/\ 0 (USA)/

you have to delete the space between the backslash and the zero ... stupid forum ... shouldnt interpred things in code tags

PsyBlade

Snake Charmer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
George Dawes said:
Regex is a little useless for someone who has needed to ask if it is possible.

I know many who can apply a regex but not write them (quickly).
And you can look in the manual/help in your editor.
It would still be faster with a large number of games.

Plus you need to know if and how the region is encoded in the ID.

Pip_X

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Just wanna let you all know that the new Western Digital Advanced Format HDD is fully compatible with CFG after used the WD Align tool to initialize the drive.

ateatree

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For some reason, the online update feature doesn't seem to work for me.

I'm using the -222 version loaders, running off of a 2 gig microSD. Whenever I try to update, the version marker in the homebrew channel changes, but the boot.dol in my apps/USBLoader folder becomes 0kb, and thus the program won't launch.

Anyone know why this might be happening? Thusfar I've just been scrolling through the thread each time I need to change versions. Thanks in advance.

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
ateatree said:
For some reason, the online update feature doesn't seem to work for me.

I'm using the -222 version loaders, running off of a 2 gig microSD. Whenever I try to update, the version marker in the homebrew channel changes, but the boot.dol in my apps/USBLoader folder becomes 0kb, and thus the program won't launch.

Anyone know why this might be happening? Thusfar I've just been scrolling through the thread each time I need to change versions. Thanks in advance.
This happens, but it is meant to be rare. What version are you on? How much free space does the card have? How many times did you try to update?

ateatree

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dr. Clipper said:
This happens, but it is meant to be rare. What version are you on? How much free space does the card have? How many times did you try to update?

Currently using 57b4 (downgraded from 57b5 to be able to use cheats again; b5 was upgraded from a significantly earlier version.) The card is only half-full (1 out of 2 gigs). I only attempted each update once before restarting the loader and finding out that this had happened (whereupon I went to the thread, searched, and found the proper .dol)

Thanks for the help.

Edit: To elaborate, both of the updates I've tried - from the early version to 57b5, and from b5 to b4 - had this issue.

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
ateatree said:
Dr. Clipper said:

Currently using 57b4 (downgraded from 57b5 to be able to use cheats again; b5 was upgraded from a significantly earlier version.) The card is only half-full (1 out of 2 gigs). I only attempted each update once before restarting the loader and finding out that this had happened (whereupon I went to the thread, searched, and found the proper .dol)

Thanks for the help.

have you tried changing the app path from apps/usbloader to apps/usbloader_cfg then updating thru the loader, ive never had any problems with the updater but ive never used the usbloader path its always been usbloader_cfg due to when i use to use Wanin's loader way back lol

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fuck ubisoft, and fuck activision
    +1
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    Nintendo needs to release a new console, switch is getting such shitty little games lately lol it's pathetic
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    Lmao a new flashcart... The Unlock Switch... I knew it's not fake xD
    +1
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    A new consoles won't solve that problem
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    It will actually make it worse
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    well actually
    a new console won't do anything right now, because the games are still in development, that's why there are few games being released
    it won't make the games finish any faster
  • Veho @ Veho:
    2/3rds of launch titles for the Switch 2 will just be lazy ports of Switch games anyway.
    probably
    maybe mario kart 9 will be a launch title
    i really want a new mario kart
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What, you mean the endless stream of DLCs doesn't count?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Why develop a new game when you can just sell season passes forever?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm still on MKDS so I'm not bothered :tpi:
    i like the dlc tbh, i'd like a new game more
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    but the current version is still selling fine at full price
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hello
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sup
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @realtimesave, You seen the Unlock Switch flashcart yet?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll see the 19.0 update that blocks use ability to it
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol newegg+
    Screenshot-20240423-053504-Gmail.jpg
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    does update 19 really block it
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Update 19 never came out yet. Just the 18.1.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Update 19 never came out yet. Just the 18.1.