computer to Original cartridge

Discussion in 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' started by supersasuke, Mar 20, 2010.

Mar 20, 2010
  1. supersasuke
    OP

Newcomer supersasuke Newbie

Canada
    how do u move a sav file from your computer to an original game cartridge [​IMG]

2. TM2-Megatron

Member TM2-Megatron Predacon Commander

Canada
    For most games, it can be done with one of Rudolph's NDS Backup Tools... there's a version for slot-2 devices like the EZ-Flash IV/M3 Perfect/Supercard, another for the EZ-Flash 3-in-1, and finally a Wi-Fi version that requires no slot-2 device whatsoever.

If you're asking for Pokemon HeartGold/SoulSilver, then this device is the only way to do it:
    http://www.consolesource.com/ecomm/catalog...lus-p-3018.html

3. supersasuke
    OP

Canada
    by the way, i need a tutorial for the original dstt
    could you use rudolphs tool for heart gold

4. TM2-Megatron

Canada
    Can't help you there... though the way homebrew is used doesn't differ much between slot-1 cards, so I imagine a tutorial for another flashcart would probably be enough to give you an idea of how to do it.

I only got into flashcarts and the hombrew scene about a year ago, and at the time I did my research and bought a CycloDS and M3 Perfect Lite. Don't have experience with any other type of card, specifically.

5. DeMoN

Member DeMoN GBAtemp Guru

United States
    No, you can not use Rudolph's tool for Heart Gold as of now.
    I'm not really sure if it'll ever be updated either.

6. supersasuke
    OP

Canada
    k il just restart the game when i buy it

7. TM2-Megatron

Canada
    Well, there've been a few patches for various Rudolph apps after he stopped development... the NDS Backup Tools actually got an update not too long ago, but it was just so that they'd properly dump the header information of some post-DSi carts.

It's not outside the realm of possibility that someone in the know may patch the Backup Tools for Hg/Ss, considering how massively popular those games are. Hopefully they are, as not everybody is willing to spend $30 on the hardware necessary to dump those saves. Although the NDS Adapter certainly is much more convenient than using homebrew to do it, for those who are willing to buy it. I'm expecting one in the mail next week... hopefully Monday.

8. MushGuy

Member MushGuy GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Mine is still on queue. Just ship it dang it! Anyway, once I get it, i'm gonna try it to see if it really works with my HG game that is currently on its way.