Hakoda

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I know this is something odd to ask but my cousin and I installed Cydia on his iPod Touch 3G but his Dad would rather not have it on his iPod because my cousin can be rather ignorant. I know I shouldn't have installed it in the first place but that's beside the point; I need the Temp's help on how to remove it.

Now his iPod is on 4.3.2 so we could just update but his iPod is filled with MANY apps and we're on vacation so no computer we have access to is synced to it.

Going to Manage --> Packages reveals Cydia related packages that are able to be uninstalled. We tried uninstalling Cydia Installer. That removes the Cydia GUI and basically deletes it. However next thing we know in 10 minutes, the Loading Spiral shows up and Cydia reinstalls itself. Anyone how to prevent this?

I'd prefer options that don't involve restoring. Thanks guys.

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Can you try deleting it the way you would any other app, by holding the icon and then clicking the "x" that appears when they start shaking? Or does that not work with Cydia? Even if it does, I'd recommend restoring ASAP too, just to be sure.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you don't want to restore it, the fact that it's on 4.3.2 means it can be updated to 4.3.5. Updating it won't delete any of the music or whatever. It will basically just update the firmware and delete jailbreak stuff.

Hakoda

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Does updating require you to be on a computer that you're synced with? Or can you update on any computer? Only reason we're not considering updating is because we're assuming it would take too long to transfer the applications but the update just messes with the OS partition right?

SifJar: A tweak called CyDelete would do just that but then we would have a CyDelete setting in the Settings app. Or would we not?

tagzard

Tagzard the Crazy Dinosaur with Wings.
Banned
Trophies
Website
tagzard.tk
XP
Country
United States
Hakoda said:
Does updating require you to be on a computer that you're synced with? Or can you update on any computer? Only reason we're not considering updating is because we're assuming it would take too long to transfer the applications but the update just messes with the OS partition right?

SifJar: A tweak called CyDelete would do just that but then we would a CyDelete setting in the Settings app.
Listen buddy. Do what i did when i took my jailbroken ipod to the apple store. Install SBSettings and go to more then hide icons. Now hide all of the icons you want to (and turn off all cydia plugins to make it seem like it isn't jailbroken) now it GIVES the ILLUSION that it isn't jailbroken. Now keep it that way untill you get to your computure and update it. TADAAAAAAAA.
cho welcome

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hakoda said:

SifJar: A tweak called CyDelete would do just that but then we would have a CyDelete setting in the Settings app. Or would we not?
You can do it from any computer. Your stuff will be preserved. Apps, music, etc. The only thing that won't be preserved is your jailbreak.

Edit: Or you could just talk some sense into daddy-o.

Madridi

Card Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
well you have one of two choices, which you are already aware of:
- Use Cydelete to just remove cydia
- Restore if you completly want to wipe out any mods

I'm guessing there is a third choice involving OpenSSH, but I'm not an expert on that so I would leave it aside

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I think it should work with OpenSSH, but there may be a list somewhere on the device of installed apps, and if one is just missing, but still on the list, it could cause problems, I'm not sure...

Hakoda

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Dter Ic: But then I'd still have a Terminal app on the iPod. Anyway to run Terminal remotely on the iPod?

SifJar: I've seen Youtube videos of people reinstallig Cydia via SSH and they deleted Cydia.app to start fresh and the device worked just fine.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, People who create revival services for the Wii end up in disaster, same goes for Pretendo lol.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, atleast wiimmfii went fine although people only use it for Mario kart Wii
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    At least if they ban you for cheating, get another Wii. They're cheap as chips.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Remember when RiiShop was a thing?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    not really
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It got shutdown because somebody "accidentally" leaked the database for the amount of people using the beta.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    RiiShop is the laziest way of downloading Wii games. Did somebody not think of this through?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    although i ended up accidentally changing my nand with no way of going back bc i didn't know you needed a gamecube controller to restore it (i have a wii minus/1.1, which doesn't have gamecube controller support)
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BakerMan, I think you're talking about the recovery mode that the SaveMii used, and also was to restore softbricked systems.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    If your NAND was hardbricked, then just buy another Wii. Or go with the dirty NAND flasher method.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    and if i find the sd card i have my NAND backed up on, i can not only restore the NAND if i solder the right part in, but i can also put my NAND on dolphin, then i can play dolphin online, like PMEX Remix or MKWii Riibalanced
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Brb
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BakerMan, Oh yeah, that was a thing too. Dolphin does support Wiimmfi.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    yeah you just need to put your NAND backup with wiimmfi on it
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ngl i feel like if a bunch of my friends have wiis and know how to get wiimmfi and back up their NAND, then we could do a PMEX Remix tournament
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    maybe even add UMVC3/DBFZ and make it a biathlon/triathlon
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Too bad Excite Truck wasn't multi player :(
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Loved that game lol
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, sorry for the stupid suggestion I had in that thread
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Its fine
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    what thread?
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxR2jow50Bs