ROM Hack [Completed] Love Plus English Translation Patch

Dgrin

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
i was thinking of suggesting to add the donation link too cause you know if you receive a 3DS and NEWラブプラス then you'll be able to update the guide and so many people will benefit from that as your site and skills have been so appreciated and you're a very important person of the LP community ^__________^

Last edited by Dgrin,
Reactions: 1 person

jjjewel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think when there's money involved, things will be less fun. So, it's better this way in my opinion. ^_^
It will be more comfortable for people to help with the project as well.

Reactions: 2 people

Nononoki

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I've got two questions: How can I buy items?
I cheated a little bit. Does it damage the save file? Cause I can't see the item I got from events.

jjjewel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've got two questions: How can I buy items?
I cheated a little bit. Does it damage the save file? Cause I can't see the item I got from events.

Question 1: https://sites.google.com/site/loveplusguide/game-play/second-part/commands/item

Question 2: Using cheat codes kind of randomly affects your save file. I can't tell exactly if things happened because of the cheat codes, but just be prepared that some part(s) of the game (with English translation patch) might not work correctly if you use cheat codes.

Shinden

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'd just like to ask this to people who own the original LP+ carts:

Has anyone tried to transfer their save data from the LP English patched version onto the LP+ cart?

Before anyone reacts, I know full well that the translation won't carry over, I just want to know if at least my progress will be.

Basically, I'll be starting from a fresh save file on the patched LP, then after I get most of the events and Gallery pics, transfer the save over to my LP+ cart.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks in advance.

Dgrin

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
yes it's possible^__^ i just transfered my English LP patch save data to my original LPP game card (and then from LPP to NLP, as it's not possible to transfer your English patch save to NLP)
the only thing i can say went wrong is my LPP save now has a bug and every Monday my girl returns to her default hair style..but i love her default and it's..kind of convinient to me if she changes it back by herself everytime XD

the English patch is an amazing way to be introduced to the entire LovePlus franchise~!

Last edited by Dgrin,

debedowi

Trophies
XP
Country
Question Sir

I've patched the rom, followed everything from the google docs but once I play the game, it's just all blank white.

After choosing the game, the patched game just goes white. Just like when I play Harvest moon tale of two towns. Just white T_T

I don't know why, nor any specific reasons. I don't know these other (patch your firm) things.

Can you guide me on how to make this work?

Thank you in advance if you reply :D

jjjewel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Question Sir

I've patched the rom, followed everything from the google docs but once I play the game, it's just all blank white.

After choosing the game, the patched game just goes white. Just like when I play Harvest moon tale of two towns. Just white T_T

I don't know why, nor any specific reasons. I don't know these other (patch your firm) things.

Can you guide me on how to make this work?

Thank you in advance if you reply :D
I need more details in order to provide help.
Did you use a flashcart or emulator?
What kind of flashcart or emulator did you use?
What was the file size of the patched game that you were trying to play.
Etc.

debedowi

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm not using an emulator, I'm using a normal DS
I don't know if that is the flashcart, but I'm using an SD card? don't know what's that called

the size of the love plus game after patching is smaller than the original game

more like 30mb?
Thanks for replying

jjjewel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know if that is the flashcart, but I'm using an SD card? don't know what's that called

more like 30mb?
Thanks for replying
If the size of the patched file is 30 mb, there's absolutely something wrong. The patched file should be exactly 256 MB. Please try to patch the game again.

P.S. The flash cart is the cart you put your SD card in before you put it in the game slot of your DS. It should have a logo or something on it that says what brand it is. (Ex. R4, DSTT, Acekard, etc.)

debedowi

Trophies
XP
Country

more like 30mb?
Thanks for replying
If the size of the patched file is 30 mb, there's absolutely something wrong. The patched file should be exactly 256 MB. Please try to patch the game again.

P.S. The flash cart is the cart you put your SD card in before you put it in the game slot of your DS. It should have a logo or something on it that says what brand it is. (Ex. R4, DSTT, Acekard, etc.)

Sir

I think the problem now lies to me
The size before was smaller because I did something wrong like "End process" because the patching took some time.

I now remember hahaha

Thanks for replying.

I'm using a flashcart with a sticker "EDGE" on it.

Question : Why do some games like Golden Sun Dark Dawn, Grand Bazaar Tale of two towns, don't work on me? they're just white screen T_T
Sorry if it's not love plus related anymore

jjjewel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, where can I find the steps to hack and translate the rom into my own language?
There's no step to step instructions but you can read info about how to hack this game here.

http://tlwiki.tsukuru.info/index.php?title=Love_Plus#Hacking
http://tlwiki.tsukuru.info/index.php?title=Love_Plus:File_Formats

However, if you don't have any programming basics, you might not be able to hack it.

NilaiTP

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
I dont’t understand when I want to ‘navigate with command prompt to the directory with both the .txrc files and lptexttool program’. Because, when I used DSLazy to unpack the NDS File, I didn’t find the .txrc files. Can anybody help me?

jjjewel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dont’t understand when I want to ‘navigate with command prompt to the directory with both the .txrc files and lptexttool program’. Because, when I used DSLazy to unpack the NDS File, I didn’t find the .txrc files. Can anybody help me?

Then try harder to find them. Seriously, if you can't even locate the files, it is impossible for you to hack this game. (It only requires basic skills of opening folders and looking inside them, or using your computer's search button.)

Reactions: 2 people

XniJ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@[member='jjjewel']/to whomever it applys to is it ok if I re-distrube this? as long I give credit to you and the others who worked on it? I was going to post only the patch on however I figured it would be best to ask here first.

jjjewel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@[member='jjjewel']/to whomever it applys to is it ok if I re-distrube this? as long I give credit to you and the others who worked on it? I was going to post only the patch on however I figured it would be best to ask here first.
Is it a torrent site? The patch is only 3 MB, so I don't see the need to upload it to torrent. It would be much more convenient for people to download from our direct download link.

Anyway, I'm not against it if you want to distribute the patch as long as you don't alter the content of it. (It comes with a text file with our credits.)

However, if you plan to upload a pre-patched rom on torrent, then we don't allow it.

-----------------

By the way, I really couldn't find the errors for Rinko's date. I'll cancel the new fix patch release for now. (At first, I said I'd release a patch when I could fix the problem. But I couldn't reproduce the problem so I couldn't fix it. Sorry for any inconvenience. Again, for precaution, always save your file before going on an important date or before important events.)

Reactions: 1 person

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: 999.... Apple.... Can I just use 999 dollar bills and light them on fire?