ROM Hack [Completed] Love Plus English Translation Patch

Aya Kyunik

Trophies
XP
Country
My god, I was here when you guys were on v0.2. Now it's v0.8 and 94% done on the scripts!? D:

I love you guys so much right now. Keep up the great work! I think I'll fire up my DS again... and pray Rinko hasn't deleted her own save file from being neglected for months...>.>

I hope Konami takes notice of how much the English community wants this game.

jjjewel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Now I set the time to October 5th, 3pm, the calendar said that i got a special event, but the activites didn't show the event icon. The item command display as "Bought as a birthday present"
Looking at your picture, you got the confession on October 6th. (See the star icon there.) Which means you can't see Manaka's birthday event on October 5th which is a day earlier. You'll have to wait until October 5th of next year to celebrate her birthday.

Or you can set your DS's clock back to some time before October 5th and start a new game. Make sure you get the confession a few days before her birthday because you'll need some time to buy a present for her.

(By the way, you can use a spoiler tag when you post a big picture. :))

My god, I was here when you guys were on v0.2. Now it's v0.8 and 94% done on the scripts!? D:

I love you guys so much right now. Keep up the great work! I think I'll fire up my DS again... and pray Rinko hasn't deleted her own save file from being neglected for months...>.>

I hope Konami takes notice of how much the English community wants this game.
The save should still be there but you might have to spend sometime talking to her in the Love+ mode to get her in a good mood again. ^_^

Reactions: 1 person

Kodachi

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hey guys!

First of all, thank you soooo much for patching Love Plus :) There're way too many dating sims that don't get a release here in the 'western' world... You've done a great job! I don't even want to imagine how much you worked for this... thanks a bunch :)

Now, moving on to my question: are the bgs of the rom supposed to be black? I downloaded a few roms, but all I can see are the girls (on a black bg), the stats and the menu, and the cgs (that's probably the wrong name, but I forgot how they're called) on the right screen. The same happens with the patched version.
How can I get the bgs back? XD It's obviously not a matter of life or death, but it would be nice to actually see something but for a black screen and the dialogues. If there is a way of changing this, please do tell. ;_;

Shinintendo

Trophies
Website
games4gamer.net
XP
Country
Iceland
so jjjewel, Did you get in contact with the person supposedly doing love plus plus or no luck with it?
it will be awesome getting the extra events and items of love plus plus as you're well aware ;-)

jjjewel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Now, moving on to my question: are the bgs of the rom supposed to be black? I downloaded a few roms, but all I can see are the girls (on a black bg), the stats and the menu, and the cgs (that's probably the wrong name, but I forgot how they're called) on the right screen. The same happens with the patched version.
How can I get the bgs back? XD It's obviously not a matter of life or death, but it would be nice to actually see something but for a black screen and the dialogues. If there is a way of changing this, please do tell. ;_;
Did you play it with a flashcart or an emulator?
I need more details (which model/version) about them too provide help. (If it's DesMuMe, you'll have to adjust the 3D setting to make the picture show up correctly.)

so jjjewel, Did you get in contact with the person supposedly doing love plus plus or no luck with it?
it will be awesome getting the extra events and items of love plus plus as you're well aware ;-)
No one contacted me about it. Only one guy asked me how to find the script, and he's not the one who has been working on it. So, I'm still not sure about Love Plus+ project whether it exists or not.

Kodachi

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Did you play it with a flashcart or an emulator?
I need more details (which model/version) about them too provide help. (If it's DesMuMe, you'll have to adjust the 3D setting to make the picture show up correctly.)

Yup, I'm using Desmume. Whereand what do I have to look for?

jjjewel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Kodachi

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Yup, I'm using Desmume. Whereand what do I have to look for?
From https://sites.google...troubleshooting

• [For DeSmuMe users] I can't see any text on screen after the naming part.
You'll have to change the 3D settings. (Go to Config menu and 3D Settings. Just try changing the settings there until it works on your computer.)

Hm. This is troublesome. There is no '3D Settings' to be found. Could this be because I'm using the emulator on Linux?

Edit: Problem solved. I had to deactivate (quite randomly, I'd say XD) some of the bg options in the emulation menu. Thanks again for you help!

ddede

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
hey jjjewel, the weekly lucky charm said:" Using up your action point". What should I do :D
For that, I just kept sending emails to her until all my action points are used up each day (but remember to choose ur activites for ur daily schedule first) ^_^
Check out this site if u need help though http://loveplusenglish.proboards.com/index.cgi
The ppl on this site have a lot of helpful hints =p

lcleong

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
just checked the translation progress page and its seem like all fully translated and edited..
so, its only the matter of time before 100% patch release?

jjjewel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There are still some text to be edited and I'm experimenting with stuff I thought I'd do when the translation's done. (Modifying graphics, font, etc.)

Currently I'm testing the font, so that when you name your character the audio choices will be in English. And this way you can name yourself with more than 4 English alphabets. Anyway, the game doesn't use NFTR file's font spacing, but it forces all font to have to same width. I mixed half-width font with full-width font to solve this but it still looks a little funny.

lp00001.png
lp00003.png

Still can't decide if I should use this or just leave it in Japanese. It looks neater in Japanese, but many people would have problem finding references for the Japanese sounds and alphabets. (From the name SHI-N-I-CHI above, if you want the written part to look nicer, you can use SHI-NI-CHI and the font spacing will look better. But with personalized audio for each name, you will need to input the audio as SHI-N-I-CHI, otherwise the system will not reconize it.)

(This is what it looks like in the previously released patch.)
lp00003a.png

-------------------------------------

The editing is considered finished (although there are still a few lines we're still discussing on the Editor's note page.)

If you have contributed something, please don't forget to add your name to the Staff List on TLWiki.

http://tlwiki.tsukuru.info/index.php?title=Love_Plus#Staff

I'll finalize the list on next Monday to put on the credit file, so please add your name there before Monday October 24, 2011.

Thank you very much, everyone, for your helps.

felixsrg

Temp's Ghost
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
I never commented on this thread before but I have been following your translation ever since before v0.4 was released and I have to say thank you so much for this, finally this great game is so close to be fully translated. :biggrin:

The kana translation is a great idea, helps a lot with the pronunciation, but is there a way to put the special ones too? (like G or D or F) thanks again for your hard work and good luck with the final lines.

jjjewel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
... but is there a way to put the special ones too? (like G or D or F)
That's what I can't do. To get a G sound, you need to put ten ten (゙) on the K sound. (See the ゙ after A I U E O in the pic I posted above? That's the one you need to use.)
Same to the H, B, P sound where you need to select the H sound first then click ゙ and it will change to B sound, or click ゚ to change to P sound. Same goes to S and Z sounds.

(This game wasn't designed for non-Japanese people at all. T_T)

Normmatt

Former AKAIO Programmer
Trophies
Website
normmatt.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
jjjewel: I took a look at the font problems and I think I found the problem and fixed it however I'm not sure where the nftr is located to verify. I have verified I can change the default character width to something other than 12.

jjjewel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jjjewel: I took a look at the font problems and I think I found the problem and fixed it however I'm not sure where the nftr is located to verify. I have verified I can change the default character width to something other than 12.

There are 2 fonts in folder test_font. The main one used in the name input and the dialogs is the LC12 one. (The LC10 is used for your profile in LP, and for capsule toy descriptions in LP+.)

Thank you very much.

heyman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow, that was fast! Nearly finished, huh? 0.9 is gonna be great!

So, just out of curiosity, has anybody tried any of the wireless features with an English patched ROM and a regular ROM? (Girlfriend Talk, Data Transfer, etc.)
In any case, wow. Just wow. Congratulations, translation team!

Oh, and regarding LovePlus+ Translation, I don't believe there's an actual group working on it, but just a few people independently trying to figure out how to correctly extract and recompress the game, which doesn't seem to work the same way it did before. Still, with the new "Bypass Anti-Piracy" feature that's being implemented in the newer firmware, (Not tried with Plus+, gonna do it in the morning, but the feature has never failed me...) the LovePlus+ Translation patch seems within our grasp!

Normmatt

Former AKAIO Programmer
Trophies
Website
normmatt.com
XP
Country
New Zealand

There are 2 fonts in folder test_font. The main one used in the name input and the dialogs is the LC12 one. (The LC10 is used for your profile in LP, and for capsule toy descriptions in LP+.)

Thank you very much.

Ok it looks like its working. You can try it out yourself http://www.mediafire...awde0ggz0gzz4pv

EDIT: In NFTRedit you need to modify the "Next Offset" field for each character.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :O:ohnoes::ohnoes::ohnoes::angry: I Love Pianos 😡