ROM Hack [Completed] Love Plus English Translation Patch

ariltonsama

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's no way you guys make available the percentage of translation completed for each girl? I started a game with Rinko and Nene and noticed that the menus and main points of the story, her other statements not translated. Manaka is receiving only a translation? sory my bad english

jjjewel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Percentage of translation will be posted after the patch release as we're still working on the scripts

And we're trying to finalize Manaka's scripts first. That's why she has more script translated. But you can play Nene and Rinko if you want to. Most of the important choices in their routes are already translated.

ariltonsama said:
There's no way you guys make available the percentage of translation completed for each girl? I started a game with Rinko and Nene and noticed that the menus and main points of the story, her other statements not translated. Manaka is receiving only a translation? sory my bad english

Fel

GBAtemp's Adventurer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
jjjewel said:
Hmm... I'll try to come up with something for the brands later then. (I might not put this part of the script in the coming patch, but maybe in the later one.)

P.S. The real name Calbee is spelled ???? (Ka-ru-bi-i). But the name in this game is ????? (Ka-re-ru-bi-i).

I'm also thinking about Ray's and Kalbee for the names. Or maybe I'll just use Lay's and Calbee. (If you read internet data for Rinko, most of them will say that Rinko's favorite food is Calbee potato chips anyway.)
Hey, Ray's and Kalbee sounds awesome!
smile.gif
In my opinion it's a better parody of the brands for the Western audience as they're easier to guess.

ariltonsama

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The online mode works with one game translated and one in Japanese?
I took a break from the game. like to know the story of the girls and I expect the next patch to play with Rinko XD

juliodpina

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Hello everybody,

I'm very exited as a new patch is about to get released. However, I have a lot to say so try to stay awake, because this is important.

I'm currently helping on the editing since the last sunday. I don't know how much completed is going to get translated the game to english once this patched get released but I find something interesting.

How many of you alredy know that there's a big lack of help on editing?. I read it before, I don't remember where, and I found that although there's a big sign saying 'help wanted' I didn't see it (or didn't want to) and when I enter to the section in where the documents were ready to edit I find that there was a lot... a lot of things to do. A lot that we, can help...

You're no asking me but I'm a local writer. I write about love stories between teenager and between grown up people in my native languaje, and I want to share some tips and my knowledge on grammar in order to you can help us on editing.

1. Please start to help. If we just play and don't help this is going to take forever. Few minutes at day are just enough. We can't blame jjjewel if the work takes so many time, it's a lot to do and just one person can't do everything.... on time. Besides I fell a little guilty because of my selfishness I was just playing and no helping. Now that I'm editing I see that really there was a lot to do.

2. You don't need to know Japanese in order to help. If you're editing, please, try to make it the most accurate as possible. That way you can be reading and at the same time learning japanese. Help you out with the internet and put what do you think it must be there. If you don't know how, you can read about it here or send me a PM.

3. Express the feelings of the girls when editing a text. If she laughs and the main writer writes it, we must write it also. Omit it is a common error.

I know, I know, when I'm writing I also find the same dificulty, it's hard to think like a girl if you're a man. However, think on this, "how does Takane, Rinko or Nene will say this to me if she were standing in front of me right now and she was american and no japanese?" or, better one, try to remember how the girls and woman that sorrunds you will say it.

4. Avoid robot talking. Use gestures and expressions if you're going to suggest a better or more acurate translation.

Let me give an example, How many of us don't talk like this "you seems so busy, eh?" "this work is hard, isn't it?" the words , eh? or , isn't it?, don't means much but help us to express what we feel. If you omit them, It will sound like two robots sharing data.

5. Try to find a phrase that you know a girl will say in our culture and replace it with the one in japanese.

Another example "na-n-de-mo-na-i-de-su" means "nothing" but if you find this "some day I'll prepare a dinner for you too... hehe, nothing" that nothing sounds so google translated. It's best if you suggest "never mind" at the end instead of 'nothing' as a real girl would say that.

6. Use google and put how a particle in japanese must be used and it's meaning. That will help you to understand if the dialog showed is completed or miss something.

7. Lastly but no less important, play the game. If you haven't played the game is going to be very difficult o you to help, If you play it, you can recall if what it says there was the actually plot you saw back then.

There's a lot of work to do. At the firts it scares me. I don't understand google docs format and I don't even understand what does editing means, so I asked jjjewel to explain me and now is I who personally want to ask for you help.

You can help us. There are many ways.

Once the patch get released, play it. If you find something that need to be fixed, tell us
here
, you can enter to the web site of the project and follow the procedures, you can also say it this post or send me a PM.

On the other hand, enter
here
and seek for the docs to edit. Is very easy. Follow those suggestions I gave or do as you think it must be done as this is an open project. Yes, you can help us and make the difference.

I Hope that my suggestions help to improve this pacth.

Remeber, fell free to send me a PM anytime so we can fix that and make a more profesional english patch for Love Plus.

PS. I was playing and stopped play since the sunday as there was so many scrip to edit. The same time I spend playing, now I'm spending it editing. I invite you to do something looks like. I do this for all of us.

And no, It won't ruin or spoil your experience of playing the game since isn't the same just reading its history than actually playing it.

BTW, I miss Rinko... I used to spend an hour dialy talking with her...

To jjjewel: Sorry if this post was too long but I'm working hard on editing and I tought it was good idea guiding a little the people and ask they help, that's it.-

jjjewel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you very much, juliodpina.
wub.gif
I hope we got some more help.

Again, this is an open project, so anyone is free to join. Just drop by and check if there's anything you can contribute.
happy.gif
There's no obligation and you can just work at your own pace.

-------------------

Okay, and today we have the new patch as promised. Please check the first page of this thread for download link.

All Manaka's scripts are now translated. So anyone currently playing Manaka's route, please help checking for any missing translation. (All of her scripts are supposed to be in English now.)

After this, I think we will still focus on editing Manaka's scripts. (I mean I will be working on Manaka's scripts, but if any editors want to work on Rinko or Nene's scripts, that's fine too.)

I also translated graphics for Manaka's TOKIMEMO and Rinko's ABANDONED dream events. (I'm still not quite satisfied with the font, which I might change again in the next patch, but please help checking if everything looks okay there if you already got these dreams.)

Note to Editors:
I only included the edited files for Manaka's from files number 100 and above. The ones that you're currently editing will be included in the next patch. Thank you very much.
wub.gif

HikerX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First off thanks to all those who contributed to this new patch.
Second does it freeze for anyone else at the beginning? After I patched to v.06 the game doesn't load on my r4 firmware 1.18. Can't even see the konami sign. 0.4 worked great. Just curious if this happened to anyone else and if anyone managed to get around it.

jjjewel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did anyone else have the problem with patch V 0.6?

I'll try checking it again but if any one had the problem, please help submitting report on

https://spreadsheets.google.com/viewform?hl...3BvVEE6MQ#gid=0

So that I can keep it for record.

(I changed a few things in arm9.bin this time which could cause some problems, but the game ran fine on my R4 with Wood so far.)

jjjewel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Files in the folder looks okay, so I don't know what you did wrong.

Hmm, maybe you can double check these:
- Your loveplus.nds is clean rom (which means it must be an unmodified Japanese rom, not the one that has already been patched.)
- You select .patch file when you click Xdelta_Gui's Select Patch button, and select the .nds file when you click Select ROM button.

By the way, have you used Xdelta_GUI before? Did this error only occur with Love Plus patch or did it happen with other game's .patch file as well? (If you've never used it before, it might be that you need to install .Net framework from Microsoft.)

bobsd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
same here it seems like every thing is right..
- I don't know if its a clean rom do i need to find another one? or is there a way you can tell?
-and I did that...patch with patch and rom with nds
and no I haven't used Xdelta_GUI before. Also I am brand new to this so I didnt really try it out on other Japanese/ other language games and I just installed Microsoft .NET Framework 4 and it is still a no go but the game works on the emulator for nds (DeSmuME-0.9.6-Win32) fine, but however its still in Japanese.

jjjewel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I really don't know what could go wrong.

If the .nds file you tested with emulator is in Japanese, it's likely that it's the clean rom.

Could you double check if the path you choose your .patch and .nds file is linked to the folder in the picture?
Ex. Sometimes you copy the file to Xdelta_GUI folder but when you seletct the file, you select it from your download folder, etc.

Otherwise, you might try messing with it for a while. Maybe try restarting the computer and trying the patch again. It might work.

bobsd said:
- I don't know if its a clean rom do i need to find another one? or is there a way you can tell?
and no I haven't used Xdelta_GUI before. Also I am brand new to this so I didnt really try it out on other Japanese/ other language games and I just installed Microsoft .NET Framework 4 and it is still a no go but the game works on the emulator for nds (DeSmuME-0.9.6-Win32) fine, but however its still in Japanese.

bobsd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bobsd said:
Ok I will give it a go and see what will happen. Thanks for your help and I will respond if it works or doesn't.
Also if it doesn't work I guess I got to learn some Japanese or try something new

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Gray zone warfare looks kinda cool
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Ohhh on one episode they could use rings to summon Captain Criminal who is just Obama like a spoof of Captain Planet lol
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Does look good
    By your powers combined, hmmm where is Epstein?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Just another shit fps clone
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Thought it was some warzone dlc bs
    Looks like an enhanced Far cry 1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's a far cry from it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Is it a free to play bs, pay to get any good weapon/gear
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Not free to play but $35
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Inb4 kiiwii gives it a 0/10
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    6/10 rating on steam
    I would like a Predator game "Kill Team" it takes place in the Jungle of the first movie, your team is sent to hunt the predator, using current tech drones and a trained team. Set traps use strategy to hunt and trap or kill the predator.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ill stick with my Battlefield. Yea a predator hunting game like that would be cool. Esp if you can be Arnold and say "Get to da choppa"
    +1
    Maybe Arnold could do a cameo voice acting, he is the one briefing you on the mission
    +1
    Honestly surprised they didn't make a tie in game for Predators that movie was awesome
    I was kinda sad the Yakuza guy died sword fighting a predator lol
    The Russian guy went out like a boss
    Double claymores to the face definitely kill a predator lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I went today and looked at a motorcycle someone was selling. I get there and the battery on it was dead, so the guy grabbed a battery charger and hooked it up. He plugged it into the wall, and the motorcycle sparked and started smoking. Come to find out the bike uses a 6 volt battery and the guy had the charger set to 12v. I said sorry to the dude and walked away. I felt bad for him tho.
    Sounds like it would be an exciting ride....
    Not sure I would want something on fire between my legs
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Not sure I would want something on fire between my legs