ROM Hack [Completed] Love Plus English Translation Patch

shineek

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Poland
theres one thing you need the mic for , if you turn the power off without saving you want be able to play again on this save file until you want apologize to one of the girls , you need to mic to do it , otherwise youre stuck

OceanBlue

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah! You changed some of the scripts to Edit 2.

I'd just like to say that even though I didn't say I edited anything in some of the Skinship scripts, I've looked through all of them. A lot of them don't really have anything to edit, so I just left them alone. I just hope I didn't miss any of the scripts by mistake.

ferofax

End of the World
Trophies
Website
nonwhatso.blogspot.com
XP
Country
aw... well, i still have a DSphat i guess. mebbe i could do those parts there, then do the rest in my XL.

weird thing is, the reason why i thought the board may be compromised is that i also have one of those DS headsets (3rd party, for Nintendogs) that had a mic in it and fits snugly into the mic/headset ports. even while using that, mic is still staticky. :/

i still wanna try this though, ahaha. just imagining those parts already give me the giggles. XD

jjjewel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OceanBlue said:
Ah! You changed some of the scripts to Edit 2.

I'd just like to say that even though I didn't say I edited anything in some of the Skinship scripts, I've looked through all of them. A lot of them don't really have anything to edit, so I just left them alone. I just hope I didn't miss any of the scripts by mistake.

Yeah, I changed them.
biggrin.gif
The Edit 2 scripts are semi-finalized for now. (Most of them are now read-only.)

Since there aren't many people helping on the editing currently, I think we should focus on the ones that haven't been checked first. (The ones labeled Edit 1.)
happy.gif

DarkSoulFlame

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hope another patch comes out soon! I love how the gfx is translated in this too! Will there be a need for a localization due to the fact that some text sounds too formal/literal? Thanks for everything!

jjjewel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DarkSoulFlame said:
I hope another patch comes out soon! I love how the gfx is translated in this too! Will there be a need for a localization due to the fact that some text sounds too formal/literal? Thanks for everything!

I'm still not quite sure how you want to define localization and translation.
tongue.gif
Anyway, when the patch comes out, you can try playing it and report anything that you find odd.
happy.gif

QUOTE(727 @ Jun 24 2011, 12:45 AM) Just curious, bit offtopic, what is love plus + like compared to this?
Maybe you can read Love Plus+ topic here.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LovePlus#Love_Plus_.2B
Or find some Youtube video to see what are different.
wink.gif

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hmm so I wonder why you chose this version instead jjewel, not that I'm complaining, just curious, was that version not out when this was started?

Fel

GBAtemp's Adventurer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
727 said:
hmm so I wonder why you chose this version instead jjewel, not that I'm complaining, just curious, was that version not out when this was started?
It's actually all in the first post.
laugh.gif

jjjewel said:
Mini-FAQs
1. Why do you translate Love Plus but not Love Plus+?
QUOTE(jjjewel @ Jan 4 2011, 09:39 PM) Love Plus Plus will have more issues to take care of. It has Anti-piracy and with 512 MB ROM, it only works on specific carts with specific firmware, etc. I don't want to deal with those issues. Currently, with Love Plus which doesn't have any AP or any issue, 50% of the players reported that they couldn't play/couldn't patch it. Also, there's been rumor that someone or some group is working on Love Plus Plus already.
(P.S. I personally can't confirm about the group working on LP+. It's been rumored for quite a while though.

ariltonsama

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jjjewel said:
We are working on the editing the scripts now so there aren't anything much to update.
tongue.gif

Anyway, I'll try to release another patch by the end of this month. (If everything goes smoothly.
happy.gif
)
Really has any possibility of leaving the patch until the end of the month?
toot.gif

jjjewel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@ariltonsama, things seem to go smoothly so far, so if we don't encounter any unpredicted problem, the patch should be released on schedule.
happy.gif

@Dgrin, thanks for the link. Wow, I'm more interested in the dream version of Manaka 3DS. Too bad I still don't have the 3DS.
tongue.gif

@727, Love Plus + really have a lot of problems with flash carts. So many that I can't imagine how many problems I have to deal with if I hack it. (Just thinking about the girls showing up on the welcome screen complaining why I turn off the power without properly save the game scares me off already.
laugh.gif
)

------------------

By the way, I need help with potato chips names. (In Rinko's scripts.)

We have Calbee and Lay's (Frito-Lay's) mentioned but the Japanese scripts alternated the spellings a bit. If I spell them as Callebee and Lei's, will they look like mistranslations and will the players get it that they are from Calbee and Lay's? (I'm familiar with both brands but I don't know if they are sold worldwide though.)

This is the one mentioned in the script. (Calbee Seaweed and salt.)
http://www.amazon.com/Calbee-Potato-Chips-...t/dp/B000SSS7WC

OceanBlue

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If the script mentions that they're potato chip brands, then it's fine, in my opinion.

I have never seen the Calbee brand though.

Fel

GBAtemp's Adventurer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
OceanBlue said:
If the script mentions that they're potato chip brands, then it's fine, in my opinion.

Me neither but we've got Lay's over here. I think it'd be better if the names were localized since some people might not get the hint. Sometimes it happens to me in anime or when looking up Japanese stuff on the net and I realize only later it's not meant to be taken literally but it's just a Japanized English word. Though fortunately it doesn't happen very often to me.
smile.gif

xdarkx

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
OceanBlue said:

I heard of Calbee. To be more precise, my family buys both Calbee and Lay's brand potato chips sometimes. The reason why some people might not have heard about the Calbee brand may very well be because they are usually sold in some Asian stores.

OceanBlue

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fel said:
Me neither but we've got Lay's over here. I think it'd be better if the names were localized since some people might not get the hint. Sometimes it happens to me in anime or when looking up Japanese stuff on the net and I realize only later it's not meant to be taken literally but it's just a Japanized English word. Though fortunately it doesn't happen very often to me.
smile.gif
I don't know. I do know that sometimes people miss those things [I do that sometimes too], but the original script had it altered, so I'm hesitant on saying we should change it.

Plus, honestly, when I see these sort of things [like WcDonalds], I'm glad when I pick up on it, and when I don't pick up on it, it doesn't really bother me since I don't know that I'm missing something. I feel awkward whenever I see direct product placement in anime too, but that's just me. Well, in the end, this isn't really important, so I'll just go with whatever jjjewel picks.
smile.gif

jjjewel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm... I'll try to come up with something for the brands later then. (I might not put this part of the script in the coming patch, but maybe in the later one.)

P.S. The real name Calbee is spelled カルビー (Ka-ru-bi-i). But the name in this game is カレルビー (Ka-re-ru-bi-i).

I'm also thinking about Ray's and Kalbee for the names. Or maybe I'll just use Lay's and Calbee. (If you read internet data for Rinko, most of them will say that Rinko's favorite food is Calbee potato chips anyway.)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: there a bunch of good games missing, one of them (which makes a lot of sense for this type of...