~
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Infinite Zero said:
It is stuck in waiting for iBSS
if i remove it in that process will something happen to the iPhone?

it's okay. if it just gets stuck in a black screen then you just need to hold power+home until it resets and the apple logo appears.

by any chance are you using it to unlock your iPhone 3g?

oh, try running sn0wbreeze with admin rights and windows XP compatibility

Dialexio

OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Oh, almost forgot to mention this.

CDMA iPhones that previously used Saffron may have gotten stuck on a boot loop. This was fixed a few days ago. But there's no need to re-jailbreak or restore; comex offers a fix for people currently experiencing this boot loop. (This will not resolve other boot loops.) If this did not affect you, there is no reason to apply this fix.

This fix has been brought to you by:
moogle.gif

bootloops.png

(This is what happens when I get bored and have about thirty minutes to spare.)

Dialexio

OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
iOS 4.2.9/4.3.4 has been released, and blocks Saffron's exploits (and possibly i0n1c's all currently-used untethering exploits!). Do not update!

For the daring, redsn0w was updated to provide a tethered jailbreak for iOS 4.3.4. MuscleNerd claims it's meant for kernel hackers, not the end user. I don't see any harm in the end user using it, though. Without further ado, here are the redsn0w packages (remember you need the IPSW for iOS 4.3.4!):
redsn0w 0.9.8b3 for Mac OS X
redsn0w 0.9.8b3 for Windows

The guide will not be updated for this just yet since MuscleNerd didn't quite release it for public consumption, but the same instructions for redsn0w still apply. If you didn't understand any of what I just said, ignore it and stay put on whatever firmware you have right now.

m3rox

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Seriously, to jailbreak any iOS device, just open Safari and go to jailbreakme.com.

Click the button to install Cydia and there ya go, your device is jailbroken.

Dialexio

OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
That doesn't cover *every* device; Saffron is only compatible with iOS 4.2.6 through 4.2.8 and 4.3 through 4.3.3, so it won't work with the iPod touch 2G and older devices.
tongue.gif
Of course, it would work with thela_kid's device if it's somewhere between iOS 4.3 and 4.3.3, though.

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Quick note...

I have an iPod touch 2g MC on 4.2.1
I tried to jailbreak using greenpoison 20-25 times a day for 11 days before I finally got it to work, couldn't get into DFU mode... I had to set iTunes to not automatically sync when plugged in and also had to have iTunes open in the background before I plugged in for DFU to finally work. If anyone else happens to run into that problem with that model (if there are even any still floating around
tongue.gif
) maybe try that...

Dialexio

OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Apple has released iOS 4.2.10 (seriously) and 4.3.5. This fixes a critical issue regarding certificate validation, but has no (untethered) jailbreak yet.

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just to clarify...

4.2.10 is for CDMA (Verizon) iPhone 4 Only.

4.3.5 is for iPhone 3GS, GSM iPhone 4, iPod touch 3rd and 4th generations, iPad and iPad 2.

Pyrofyr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Got an iPhone 4 GSM, trying sn0wbreeze, tried all 3 versions listed (The phone is passcoded ; Some guy left it at my cousins office, they called him to get it back, he never came to get it ,they have a 30 day policy, my ocusin got to keep it from the lost and found)

I'm jailbreaking it for her (or more like just getting around the passcode so she can use it). My problem here however is the 3194 error, I keep getting it. I'm using iTunes newest (10.something), and I always get this error, was told it has to do with updating iTunes, do I need to find a specific version to use with sn0wbreeze, cause sn0wbreeze says iTunes 10.
unsure.gif

Dialexio

OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Error 3194 means that the SHSHs for that firmware are unavailable. (Apple doesn't want people downgrading or using old firmwares, since people like to jailbreak.)

Assuming that it never had any SHSHs saved, your only option is to restore it onto iOS 4.3.5, and then get a tethered jailbreak (if desired) with redsn0w.

Pyrofyr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, trying that I attempted to straight restore (no jailbreak) to 4.3.5 but am still getting issues. I'll try contacting Apple (given that this problem has nothing to do with jailbreaking).

Dialexio

OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
You might have a hosts file entry that's interfering with the restore process. (This probably happened if you opened TinyUmbrella a long time ago.)

Try going to C:\Windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts and deleting any lines with "gs.apple.com" (if there are any).

Dialexio

OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
You're welcome!
smile.gif

Oh, apparently Apple released a new firmware for the Apple TV 2G ("4.3," or "4.3" if you go by what the Apple TV reports…
moogle.gif
). If you treasure jailbreaks, don't update yet!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1