Homebrew Complete Guide on how to hack your 3DS

Logan Pockrus

Knawledge is key.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The only reason you wouldn't understand Plailect's guide is if you were literally dyslexic or had some kind of severe mental disability.
There is no reason to have a second one.
If you are dyslexic and have a severe mental disability, you won't understand this guide either.
Also I'm not being rude, I'm trying to prevent bricking people's 3DS and making people use outdated methods or software, because so far you haven't said anything about updating the guide.
Again, there is no point to this guide, and if there is, please tell me what it is.

Plailect's guide literally goes into full detail, which is much better to prevent bricks than your somewhat vague explanations. Don't be upset because someone links an already-well-known guide that has existed already and is, not trying to be rude, but it is much better than yours with it even going so far as to basically hold your hand through every step: from initially setting up homebrew, to downgrading and even troubleshooting for some common problems that can occure while going through this process.
I'm sorry you don't like to hear that. Just because you don't like it doesn't mean people are trying to be rude for saying the other guide is superior, because at this point it is and you are interpreting that as hate.
Jesus guys, it's just a guide. Why don't you find a worse guide (they crop up semi-frequently) and criticize its author? He just wrote it because he figured it may be useful to some others, not to become the next Plailect.

Hakkitboss0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What is the point of this, when there's already the massively more in-depth and community tested guide by Plailect that's always kept up to date with new advancements in the scene?
https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki

For anyone who comes here looking to mod their 3DS, I'd recommend just going with Plailect's guide. If you're only interested in using menuhax and emuNAND, stop at the end of part 3.
Hey, I'm stuck on that guide you mentioned. It direscted me to the 3DS guide thing, and now I'm stuck at a certain part. It's the final step.
"Step 17. Old 3DS and 2DS Only: Copy the Old 3DS 11.2.0-35 otherapp payload for your region to the /hblauncherloader/ folder on your SD card

Step 18. Old 3DS and 2DS Only:
Rename the Old 3DS 11.2.0-35 otherapp payload on your SD card to match your region:
  • EUR: OLD-11-4-0-37-EUR.bin
  • JPN: OLD-11-4-0-37-JPN.bin
  • KOR: OLD-11-4-0-37-KOR.bin
  • USA: OLD-11-4-0-37-USA.bin"

Now I understand what it's asking to a point. I just don't know if I should download the "Old 3DS 11.2.0-35" otherapp payload, or the 9.2.0.20U/whatever original version I started this with(I think it's that one...). Would it hurt me to use the 11.2.0.35 payload if I started this with the 9.2.0.20U firmware? Please help... I'm trying to finish this ASAP. Also, where else would I ask about this to where a lot of people would answer back rather quickly?

Pyra

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, I'm stuck on that guide you mentioned. It direscted me to the 3DS guide thing, and now I'm stuck at a certain part. It's the final step.
"Step 17. Old 3DS and 2DS Only: Copy the Old 3DS 11.2.0-35 otherapp payload for your region to the /hblauncherloader/ folder on your SD card

Step 18. Old 3DS and 2DS Only:
Rename the Old 3DS 11.2.0-35 otherapp payload on your SD card to match your region:
  • EUR: OLD-11-4-0-37-EUR.bin
  • JPN: OLD-11-4-0-37-JPN.bin
  • KOR: OLD-11-4-0-37-KOR.bin
  • USA: OLD-11-4-0-37-USA.bin"

Now I understand what it's asking to a point. I just don't know if I should download the "Old 3DS 11.2.0-35" otherapp payload, or the 9.2.0.20U/whatever original version I started this with(I think it's that one...). Would it hurt me to use the 11.2.0.35 payload if I started this with the 9.2.0.20U firmware? Please help... I'm trying to finish this ASAP. Also, where else would I ask about this to where a lot of people would answer back rather quickly?

wew this is an old post to dig up, just to ask a question

You'll probably find better luck here: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?threads/359035/

I'd tell ya what to do, but, I know next to nothing about the homebrew launcher, much less the otherapp, so...

Sent from my SM-G360T using Tapatalk

Hakkitboss0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wew this is an old post to dig up, just to ask a question

You'll probably find better luck here: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?threads/359035/

I'd tell ya what to do, but, I know next to nothing about the homebrew launcher, much less the otherapp, so...

Sent from my SM-G360T using Tapatalk
Thanks so much! I'm relatively new to the 3DS Hacking scene, so any help is amazing!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Nope.