Hacking Compatible Controllers on hacked PS Vita TV?

Bonny

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Of course, even an unhacked PS Vita TVworks with PS3/4 DS Controllers. And according to this list - https://www.reddit.com/r/VitaTV/comments/4ft7c7/compatible_and_non_3rd_part_controller_list/ ... some thrid party Controllers also work on unhacked devices. But does hacking brings any controller-benefits? Wired or wireless? Is it possible to connect PS2/WiiU/Switch-Pro-Controller/XboxOne controllers to the PS Vita TV?

P.S.: Can i really use USB-hubs with the Vita TV?

Reactions: breaktemp

lucks

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Wii motes, there s a plugin by xerpi.
I m not sure about the others but they will probably need a plugin

You can use usb drives and hdds as storage (internal ux0 or external uma0)

Last edited by lucks,

breaktemp

D-Sun who was called D-Moon
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Man, this is a great discussion

First, has anyone been successful using a USB-Hub on the Vita-TV ?

And if so, which ones have been compatible ?

Second, I am very interested in controller plug-ins...how would one make the controller of their choice compatible with the Vita TV ?

Really want to try out some of the local multiplayer games, but obtaining 3 more official controllers is a bit much.

I do hope a brave soul can solve these mysteries

greggameplayer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Man, this is a great discussion

First, has anyone been successful using a USB-Hub on the Vita-TV ?

And if so, which ones have been compatible ?

Second, I am very interested in controller plug-ins...how would one make the controller of their choice compatible with the Vita TV ?

Really want to try out some of the local multiplayer games, but obtaining 3 more official controllers is a bit much.

I do hope a brave soul can solve these mysteries
The essentielb panther 7 ports works pretty well. All the usb hub work on the ps tv if these are powered by plug and also are usb 2.0 not usb 3.0 because the port on the ps tv is a usb 2.0.

Bonny

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I tested the viimote plug in, and it actually works. I can connect my 3rd party wiimote to the Vita TV, but only control the Vita-System-menu with it. It won't work with RetroArch or any game, is that normal? :blink:

ArugulaZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've found the Mayflash Universal Adapter (in black, not the more recent blue one) opens the Playstation TV up to a wide range of controllers. The PSTV *should* be compatible with more controllers right out of the box, but it is what it is.

yeshuachrist

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ugh, the ps4 is the best controller on the market, even some of the good brands have hard buttons or hard triggers...........had Logitech F310 Wired (with select button to change d-pad to analog) and, very rare, the controller would randomly do a false input on the d-pad, up arrow!

After using the PS4 Wireless controller on the VITA, pluging this straight into a RETROPIE with a usb wire, it works without detection, then using the PS4 Wireless controller again on the VITA you don't need to plug it in with usb cable for detection, it works straight from vita to retropie (using wired cable) to vita

(going from device to device, without using bluetooth on Retropie, the PS4 controller doesn't reset the address assignment for bluetooth ................. i'm sure not every controller will do that) (the retropie is strikingly having performance close to the vita, with the recent string of updates the last few months, the only difference, the vita has been scrapped by sony, so it looks like its being salvaged)

Last edited by yeshuachrist,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, The Russians are after you lol.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Send me your ip I'll remotely fix it
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    @K3Nv2 my head needs fixing if I believe you
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it's kinda fun watching it happen tho
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It needs fixing for other things but your pc I can fix
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    over 300+ virus/trojians/worms after scanning, what did I do to deserve this attention lol
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    tho I find it funny when i receive other people's pc/laptops in this state
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    i wont be upgrading unless I cant run the games i want anymore
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Spill water on it good excuse
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    @K3Nv2 that's like a valid option if someone else is paying for ya
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Daddy's wallet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ngl hogwarts legacy has good pooping music
  • OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20:
    That's uh-
    That's certainly a Dairy Queen sign lmao
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You should see his help wanted signs
    Ugh, so many sweat-dipwads in Sploon 3 Anarchy mode tonight
    I didn't know this was "Make Octo never finish Fresh Season 2024 Catalog in Splatoon 3" month, good god
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What's the point of "confirming" games you know will get released. Like Nintendo "confirming" a Zelda sequel. "We can't be sure Nintendo is working on a new Zelda game, or if a new Zelda game will ever be released, until they officially confirm it."
  • Veho @ Veho:
    "There is literally no way to know if they will ever release a new Zelda game, it's wild speculation until they officially confirm it."
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Black ops was the lesser shitter line in cock a poopoo tbf just a way to let people know it hasn't died or going a different route I guess
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    $70 DLC per 6 months is what it turned into
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/R28ZSY2Sc2A?si=H5Lb6PNkzMhAHO_P