Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
180.jpg

Relic Entertainment has lost a team member, whose final moments were spent saving his pregnant wife. The Province reports that Brian Wood, a lead designer at Relic who was working on Company of Heroes, was involved in a fatal car accident. An out-of-control car was heading for a head-on collision, and Wood braked and swerved to take the brunt of the impact himself. His wife Erin, who is due in early November, survived the crash.

Officers of the Washington State Patrol say they found evidence of drug use in the other vehicle, and its occupants are known offenders. The two rear passengers of the vehicle, Jacob Quistorf and Francis Malloy, were killed. The driver, Jordyn Weichert and front passenger, Samantha Bowling, are alive. Weichert is being charged with vehicular assault, and Bowling is hospitalized with a pelvic injury while being investigated for the same charges, as she may have taken the wheel.

"At the very last second [Brian] braked really hard and turned right so that he would be put in the path of the SUV and not me and the baby, and that is the only thing that saved us both," said Erin Wood. "I am not going to waste the gift he gave us." She called her husband "the most amazing warm-hearted man you would ever meet who loved his job, loved his family, and was just my rock." [/p]

icon11.gif
Source

I'm sorry, but that's really sad. The guy put himself in the way to save his wife and child, and died because of it. What a brave guy. RIP Brian Wood, RIP.

EDIT: Minor typo.

SonicRax

Egg-Mayo: The Movie
Trophies
XP
Country
God damn... he was an incredible person to do that for his wife and unborn child; it's just devastating that he won't get to see the little one grow up. Rest in peace.

Ryukouki

See you later, guys.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow, that's so sad. I've seen true acts of bravery but not on that scale. It's something I don't see often.
ohmy.gif

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
Having a child myself, this story brought tears to my eyes. This just goes to show that anyone can be a hero.

Brian Wood, in your last moments of life, you have brought a little more faith in humanity into my heart. Your wife thanks you. Your unborn child thanks you, and I thank you.

SnAQ

Trophies
XP
Country
Never played the game nor do i know how this guy was, but the way he spent his last time on earth is nothing less than truly heroic!

DeadLocked

Bi-Winning.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
It makes me happy that this guy would do that with the split second he had to think about it.
It pisses me off about the drivers of the other car the one responsible should be jailed for life.

megawalk

The Legendary SRW Addict
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!
whoever took that drugs...take a full dose of my MEDICATION!
(Same Nutrient they use in the death penalty)
Company of Heroes...though i don't have that (Hey Aion!)
i saw it as a odd funny game about heroes....
or was that that hero strategy like game ?
whatever...
frown.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Don't forget your one a day