Community

D

Deleted_171835

So I seen the last episode of season 2 (second-part of the paintball one) and it was awesome. I can't believe they managed to top the one in season 1.

also omg, annie and abed.

i totally did not see that coming.

actually, i did. :yay:

FireEmblemGuy

Celebrating a decade of shitposting
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The rumor for days now has been that the entire Thursday block is being killed off after a half-season sendoff, and unfortunately that's looking to be true.

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Good news. Community has officially been renewed for a fourth season.

Bad news is that it's for only half the size of the other seasons.

Well, the episode order could always be extended. NBC is apparently trying out a ton of new different television shows later this year; if those crash and burn they'll turn to Community as a dependable source of ratings (small as they may be).

ShadowSoldier

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Well, the episode order could always be extended. NBC is apparently trying out a ton of new different television shows later this year; if those crash and burn they'll turn to Community as a dependable source of ratings (small as they may be).

True, but with the way network TV stations are running these days, I wouldn't be surprised if Community doesn't see a season 5.

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

True, but with the way network TV stations are running these days, I wouldn't be surprised if Community doesn't see a season 5.

Oh, yeah, that's completely a possibility. Still, I'll take my slivers of hope where I can get them.

Edit: Sorry, accidental double post.

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry to double post (again), but I just wanted to make sure people would see this news: Community is officially set to return on Fridays in the fall.

So yeah, our favorite show has been given the dreaded Friday Night Death Slot (some famous past victims include Star Trek and Firefly). That's not a big show of confidence from NBC. On the other hand, though, Community could really benefit from the lowered expectations; it won't have to worry about competing with ratings juggernauts like American Idol, The Big Bang Theory, etc. Plus, those same ratings that are seen as low on Thursdays would be comparatively successful for Fridays, and other shows (like Fringe) have managed to stick around for years in the timeslot.

So yeah, this may just work out to the show's benefit. Or not. We'll have to wait until fall to find out.

Hypershad12

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Community is a great show. I don't know if you fellow Human Beings have realized this, but the new plot introduced allows them to have a limit of only 4 seasons.

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Community is a great show. I don't know if you fellow Human Beings have realized this, but the new plot introduced allows them to have a limit of only 4 seasons.

Did you see the most recent episode? They hung a pretty big lampshade on this (roughly paraphrasing from memory)...

Psychologist: ...Don't Community college degrees only take two years to obtain anyway? Why would you still be attending?
Jeff: I'm tired of everyone asking this! Community college student attend their school of choice for an average of five to seven years!

So yeah, if they wanted to keep the show going (for six seasons and a movie, let's say), the writers have a justification.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Did you see the most recent episode? They hung a pretty big lampshade on this (roughly paraphrasing from memory)...

Psychologist: ...Don't Community college degrees only take two years to obtain anyway? Why would you still be attending?
Jeff: I'm tired of everyone asking this! Community college student attend their school of choice for an average of five to seven years!

So yeah, if they wanted to keep the show going (for six seasons and a movie, let's say), the writers have a justification.

There's probably also various reasons as to why they haven't "graduated" (such as Chang being an unqualified Spanish teacher or various other failures of classes). Pierce has attended the college for like 10 years or something before the show started.

Plus after you have a zombie episode, I don't think a lot of realism is needed with the show.

Reactions: 1 person
D

Deleted_171835

ouTxi.png

Reactions: 4 people

ShadowSoldier

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Did anybody catch the episode tonight with the video game?

It was 8-Bit characters but it looked like 16-bit backgrounds. A huge part of the show takes place in the video game and it's funny as hell. Think of the graphics like I Wanna Be The Guy (for those of you that know that is). What did you guys think of this episode? I didn't watch the other two yet.

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did anybody catch the episode tonight with the video game?

It was 8-Bit characters but it looked like 16-bit backgrounds. A huge part of the show takes place in the video game and it's funny as hell. Think of the graphics like I Wanna Be The Guy (for those of you that know that is). What did you guys think of this episode? I didn't watch the other two yet.

I'm in the same boat (only watched the first episode, waiting to finish the other two today), and I definitely agree, it was a fun episode. I'm not sure I'd say great, but I had a lot of fun with it.

Also, apparently the two final episodes are supposed to be really, really good from what I hear. Waiting to watch them is going to be a struggle, let me tell you.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr