Hacking Community calling. I need YOUR wii for testing.

Do you think a Wii lottery contest is a good idea?

• Yes

Votes: 69 85.2%
  • No

Votes: 12 14.8%

• Total voters

LWares87

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
@Vague Rant: Don't you dare insult my intelligence! :(

I know for damn well what DML is, how it works and know that as of late, they have been relying only on donations (as a form of motivation) in order to provide new updates or changes.

Edit: Also... just to add, do not ever insult DeadlyFoez! But, still... At the end of the day, your entitled to your own opinion (despite that, it was out of order).

shortz1994

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@[member='Vague Rant']: Don't you dare insult my intelligence! :(

I know for damn well what DML is, how it works and know that as of late, they have been relying only on donations (as a form of motivation) in order to provide new updates or changes.

Edit: Also... just to add, do not ever insult DeadlyFoez! But, still... At the end of the day, your entitled to your own opinion (despite that, it was out of order).
+1 was trying to think of what to say, but i knew you or deadly would say some thing, i hate douche bags like this on the site,. but it's an open forum. an they have a right to say whats on there mind. (just like ass holes ,every one has one.).

Reactions: 1 person

DeadlyFoez

XFlak Fanboy
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
DeadlyFoez.zzl.org
XP
Country
United States
BUMP!!!

I hate to bump this thread again. I almost wish I could get a mod to get this thread some more attention so someone take me up on my offer.

shortz1994 was nice enough to go out of his way and order me a GC controller and GC memory card so I can make this happen and fully test it out. I hope someone else will come in and trust their wii in my hands and try this mod out.

There's also a few other things that I would like to test out with this wii.

There is only one chance for me to do this so someone should scoop up this opportunity before someone else takes it.

BasedKiliK

Salt of the Earth~
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Forgive me if I sound simple or stupid, but can't you just swap the disc drives of the Wii? Or has other hardware been modified to prevent GC loading entirely?

And a bit offtopic, but is DML able to load GC on these non-GC Wii's?

Krestent

What to post?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Forgive me if I sound simple or stupid, but can't you just swap the disc drives of the Wii? Or has other hardware been modified to prevent GC loading entirely?

The problem is that the new Wii's lack the physical GC ports.

BasedKiliK

Salt of the Earth~
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Ah, so no controller ports, memory card slots, etc.

Krestent

What to post?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

Ah, so no controller ports, memory card slots, etc.
That and the DVD drive. Other than that they are exactly the same as the older Wii's and still have MIOS and BC running on them as well.

DeadlyFoez

XFlak Fanboy
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
DeadlyFoez.zzl.org
XP
Country
United States
I will not bother replacing the DVD drive. My offer here is strictly to add in the GC ports. People can still use DML or any future developments.

But if someone wants to pay me for the cost of a DVD compatible drive then I will happily do that work at the same time, free of a labor charge from me, but the cost of the drive is still on the owner.

EDIT: Someone has taken up on this offer. Although it is not real until I get the wii in my hands, but everyone should know that someone has stepped up to the plate for this.

Hunter X

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a minor question, will you be modding the original case for the horizontal Wii, or will you swap that too for a case with the openings for the ports?

shortz1994

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
from what i've see every thing is still in place, they just took the cheap route an screwed the doors shut. but as far as the tabs on the case that olds those doors, an the clips that keep them closed, are still there. so no need to swap the cases or any thing, just add the hardware for the gc controllers an memory card.

DeadlyFoez

XFlak Fanboy
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
DeadlyFoez.zzl.org
XP
Country
United States
I have a minor question, will you be modding the original case for the horizontal Wii, or will you swap that too for a case with the openings for the ports?
from what i've see every thing is still in place, they just took the cheap route an screwed the doors shut. but as far as the tabs on the case that olds those doors, an the clips that keep them closed, are still there. so no need to swap the cases or any thing, just add the hardware for the gc controllers an memory card.
^^ Yeah. He's got it right. Maybe if i'm feeling extra nice or something then I might go and add in the black plastic face and the 2 doors, but I will only bother if it's a white wii because thats all I got here for spare parts. But no promises.

gtmtnbiker

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
EDIT: Someone has taken up on this offer. Although it is not real until I get the wii in my hands, but everyone should know that someone has stepped up to the plate for this.

Cool. If this falls through, maybe you should accept donations to allow you to buy a new Wii without a GC ports. I would be willing to donate $10/$20 to the research cause.

DeadlyFoez

XFlak Fanboy
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
DeadlyFoez.zzl.org
XP
Country
United States

Cool. If this falls through, maybe you should accept donations to allow you to buy a new Wii without a GC ports. I would be willing to donate $10/$20 to the research cause.
Funny that you should happen to mention that. A few of us were just talking in IRC about something like this, but making it into a lottery so that after I'm done doing everything then one of the donators can win the wii, basically so I'm not making any type of a profit off of this. I strictly just want to do this for the fun of it.

I'm actually going to make a poll in this thread and ask if people think it's a good idea before I do anything.

EDIT: First post updated and I added a poll. Please vote.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Calling all current and prospective members of the Wii Hacking Community!

DeadlyFoez, myself and a few others are trying to hold a Wii raffle! If it's successful we will likely hold more raffles in the future.

So here's the deal:
  • $1 will get you 1 eticket in the raffle
  • 1 eticket per prize will be randomly drawn only when enough etickets have been sold to cover the cost of prize(s) and estimated S&H costs

There will be one grand prize, and if enough etickets are sold there will also be four other smaller prizes.

We will be raffling off one of the new Wii's that do not have the GameCube ports, but DeadlyFoez will add the GC ports before shipping the prize to the winner. This will benefit not only the winner but the community as a whole because DeadlyFoez will be able to take a raw nand dump of the new Wii and share it with devs like giantpune; this will likely lead to better support of apps designed to run on non-softmodded Wii's (i.e. virgin Wii's).

If you are interested in participating, please show your support by voting in the poll found HERE. Once we are certain there is enough interest we will begin accepting eticket purchases but not a second sooner.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-