Hacking Community calling. I need YOUR wii for testing.

Do you think a Wii lottery contest is a good idea?

• Yes

Votes: 69 85.2%
  • No

Votes: 12 14.8%

• Total voters

LWares87

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Oh, I have an idea... offer a choice of custom colours or designs (other than white, blue, red or black).

If I could, I would have the outer chassis sprayed gold and as long as it doesn't flake off, I would also, spray it with liqueur. I wonder, if Queen Elisabeth II has a 19ct Gold plated Wii console with jewels encrusted on it?

DeadlyFoez

XFlak Fanboy
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
DeadlyFoez.zzl.org
XP
Country
United States
I'm half-tempted to just go buy one for this very purpose!
That would be freaking awesome and you did that and sent it to me before even turning it on because then I could dump the nand with it being completely virgin. I'm sure it might be useful for pune to play around with the nand dump.... although he already has pretty much all the info he could need, but it certainly wouldn't hurt.

DeadlyFoez

XFlak Fanboy
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
DeadlyFoez.zzl.org
XP
Country
United States
Well, I'm not touching the drive at all (unless it seems like an obvious easy thing to do), the only thing that I care about if getting the memory card and gc controllers working. The owner of the wii can just use DML or a WODE for all I care.

Unfortunately, I don't have and GC memory cards to confirm if thats working, but I think I'll be fine with getting it done correctly.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Unfortunately, I don't have and GC memory cards to confirm if thats working, but I think I'll be fine with getting it done correctly.
I think it's best to add that to the first post: ask to ship the memory card with the wii.

After all, whomever wants to get their new wii transformed is very likely to use one.

Oh, and are these things hard to come by in your area? Their price is less than 10 bucks, so I can't really imagine you not testing it. :unsure:
(and yes...if you have a paypal account, I'll wire you that amount if you want. I'm curious about the result as well :) ).

DeadlyFoez

XFlak Fanboy
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
DeadlyFoez.zzl.org
XP
Country
United States
No, I don't have a paypal. My wife does, but she doesn't have one of their debit cards for it yet. Hell, if you want to order me one and then just have it shipped to my place then that'd be freaking great. There are places around here where I could buy one (probably over priced though), but I just don't have the spare cash to spend on it because I am saving up for the Team Your Mom Canada 2012 meeting.

I just figured most people will just use NMM anyways instead of a memory card.

Flame

Me > You
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
I've got the ports off and ready for someone to send me their wii. :D
med_gallery_173218_768_44288.jpg

med_gallery_173218_768_95368.jpg

can you give me a link, where you got all the parts?

shortz1994

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, I don't have a paypal. My wife does, but she doesn't have one of their debit cards for it yet. Hell, if you want to order me one and then just have it shipped to my place then that'd be freaking great. There are places around here where I could buy one (probably over priced though), but I just don't have the spare cash to spend on it because I am saving up for the Team Your Mom Canada 2012 meeting.

I just figured most people will just use NMM anyways instead of a memory card.
well if needed i have one that i can throw your way. don't care about paying for it, even have an extra gc controller,(though it's wireless an has black tape on the batt compartment.( kids broke the little tab on it.). i'll ship it no problem can't be all that much.
an never mind about the wii from my niece, brothers being a bitch about it.. should take his ass around the corner an beat the bitch out of him. like a pimp, beating his hoe.(were's my money!!).

Reactions: 2 people

DeadlyFoez

XFlak Fanboy
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
DeadlyFoez.zzl.org
XP
Country
United States
I hate to bump and double post, but still no one has taken me up on this great offer. Of course, most of you had already bought wii's a long time ago and would never bother buying a wii without GC compatibility, but this offer is still going and other users have donated towards my efforts to see this happen.

BTW, Wish me good luck on winning the Mega Millions. If I win then I will give $100 to each person who wished me 'good luck' before the drawing happens.

LWares87

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
@[member='DeadlyFoez']: Well... I wish you only "Good Luck" with that then.

Edit: I just had a thought... If you win, maybe you could buy DML and make it open source (like it should be for everyone to edit), than just relying on donations all the time.

G0dLiKe

who needs a title ;)
Trophies
Website
db.tt
XP
Country
United States
well, if nobody sends his/her Wii in just buy one and try it then. Its just for verifying that it works, right?

Vague Rant

Deceptively cute
Trophies
Website
vaguerant.tumblr.com
XP
Country
@[member='DeadlyFoez']: Well... I wish you only "Good Luck" with that then.

Edit: I just had a thought... If you win, maybe you could buy DML and make it open source (like it should be for everyone to edit), than just relying on donations all the time.
What the fuck are you talking about.

LWares87

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
DML (a.k.a Dios Mios Lite) is what I'm on about for those who have been hiding in the dark for so long and haven't even tried it, as yet.

Anyway, there's a $500 million dollar lottery jackpot to be won in the U.S at the moment.

Vague Rant

Deceptively cute
Trophies
Website
vaguerant.tumblr.com
XP
Country
I know what DML is, you appear not to. SOURCE CODE ALERT!!!!!!!!!

Thanks man for that link. Unfortunately, I don't trust someone I don't know from some site that I've never heard of, especially when they are willing to cut corners and leave out the filter components and just bridge them instead. Kinda of a dumb move.
"Doy doy, I've never heard of one of the best known hardware hackers from the best-known GameCube forum, but he sounds like an idiot. He doesn't even have 4000 posts on a shitty piracy forum for idiots."

I'm sure you know what you're doing. I'm also sure LOCtronics does and that people you haven't heard of are perfectly capable of being good hackers.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: sure, it can be hands free