Common problems with Vita?

Discussion in 'PS Vita - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by chairsgotoschool, Jan 20, 2014.

1. chairsgotoschool
    OP

chairsgotoschool Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 19, 2014
    United States
    Hello I can get a pretty good deal on the vita, $188 for a 3g/wifi walking dead bundle with 4gb memory card, a case/stand thing, and a choice of 1 game. (most likely I'll get little big planet)

Before I get it I was wondering if there are any problems I should keep a look out for. Something like the 3ds (and ds lite, dsi/xl and 3dsxl) shoulder buttons going out. slots, ports, cables, buttons breaking, high chance of battery failure, data corruption stuff like that. I know every system is going to have those problems but does the vita get one more frequent than it should?

I'm kind of on the fence about buying it, I do want one but it is a lot of money and I was thinking it might be worth it to wait for a new model (though I'm not interested in the slim one because I love the OLED screen, unless it's cheaper but it doesn't sound like it would be)

Lastly, off topic but I haven't followed vita much and looking at articles and videos everyone just posts the same stuff. what games (preferable lesser known games, not borderlands 2 or minecraft kind of stuff) do you love and/or are looking forward too. I heard binding of issac was coming to vita which would be awesome.

Thanks!

2. ResleyZ

ResleyZ Swiggity swaggity swooty, I love my own booty

Oct 11, 2013
    Netherlands
    Silicon Valley
    That really is a good deal! I higly recommend that you also get PS+. Try it out for three months, so you really get a good idea of how and what it is. The games I bought when I got my PS Vita where Disgaea 3 and Persona 4: Golden.
    I also got myself the 8GB MegaPack, which has quite some games, and also comes with an 8GB memory card. I got mine for €16, while it normally is around €39,99. So get that too if it's available in your country. With the megapack and PS+ you'll definitely be ready for a while.

3. BORTZ

BORTZ Tired of being the good guy

Supervisor
    GBAtemp Patron
    BORTZ is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Dec 2, 2007
    United States
    Pittsburgh
    Hardware wise, i dont really know of any real problems, but you will run out of room on your 4 gig card pretty quick. If you are ok with swapping games on and off as you get them, no biggie, but to have your collection (especially with PS+) you will be needing another propitiatory memory card.

4. GameWinner

GameWinner Take your heart

Jun 14, 2009
    United States
    The Mura effect is the most common problem I can think of.
    The rear touchpad is also very easy to scratch. Not much else I can think of.
    Looking forward to trying out many games this year for Vita. Dangan Ronpa is currently on the top of my "Must get" list.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice