GBAtemp Slut!
OP
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
well I reinstalled CNC RA2 and I encountered the same problem that lead me to the unistallation, I install, run, "CAN'T FIND DISK" THE DISK IS STILL FRIKIN IN THERE FROM THE INSTALLATION!!!!!!!!! try both soviet and the allied! just doesn't work... now if I ever do get it to (boot the program from a special folder i guess...) it just has NO VIDEO!!!!!!
wtf.gif
soooooo iratating!!!

SPECS:
CPU: 933MHz
RAM: 128MB
PATIENCE: NOT ENOUGH...

please help!!!
DISK NOT FOUND and SOVIET and ALLIED discs

PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111

AndreXL

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Nope.
happy.gif

When you run the game and it asks for the CD, does your CD drive light up as in the game accessed it and verified it is the incorrect CD?
Not sure if this is the case but if you have multiple CD Drives (D, E, etc) use Drive D or whichever is defined as primary. Some issues with old games.
Been forever since I ran that game. I do not even know if it will run on XP since I used it on Win 98.

juggernaut911

GBAtemp Slut!
OP
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
i was just at the help section... updqated like before the internet was released to the public...

I'll try the patch... and asking where the no cd version is werez right?

thnx

kreatosoupa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Well, something must have gone wrong during the installation. First, install the latest patch to the game to see if that does any good. If not uninstall it and install it again. In case there are registry entries left from the first install (and the fresh install STILL doesn't work as a result) grab a trial version of any uninstaller program (google is your friend here
wink.gif
) and remove those entries. Of course you can use the uninstaller anyway, just to be on the safe side. JV16 Power Tools has worked for me in the past - free to try for 1 month without any cracks etc.

And if all these fail, grab a no CD version that's floating around the net. You have the orginal discs, so no harm there I think...

juggernaut911

GBAtemp Slut!
OP
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
well emailed those guys a piece of my mind (not literally) and so I went around found some valuable stuff that'll be cool if it evers works again... thnx for the help... tho it still frikin doesn't work!!!!!!!!!@#@#@#@#!!!!!1212

Icarus

fire walk with me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Is that an original game? Because it looks like it's a pirated game and you have to crack it xD At least that's the error Windows gives if the game is pirated.

ianz

Trophies
XP
Country
hmmm, yes... hmmm are you running any "strange" software on the back ground, like deamon tools or antiblaxx something like that.
I once had a antiblacklist app for my... "backup"(hate scratchy cd's honestly!) and it made other games fail to boot..

you could if you are desparate remove any usb stick or card reader to remove drives you know...

and you could also try to clean your registry with ccleaner (www.ccleaner.com) its fun and its free;)

oh and ccleaner also has the unstaller thing that other guy talked about...

if you do deside to reinstall your red alert use ccleaner in between m'kay like full register scan and the unstaller thing.

soviet power suprime!

Site & Scene News

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1