refugio

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
i need help with this, i cannot get it to work on my r4, ive patched it but it always says book not found

can i get some help?

tenchan4

Trophies
XP
Country
I get the same exact thing on my r4. I'd really appreciate some help on this as well. Although, I haven't tried it with the auto dldi patching, firmware 1.10 yet. I try it again on the new firmare later tonight, but when I tried it on 1.09, I got the cannot find book error no matter what I tried too.

BurlyEd

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Put ComicBookDS.nds and 1 or more cbds files in the same folder on the r4:

Beavis & Butthead (1994) 001.cbds
Beavis & Butthead (1994) 002.cbds
Beavis & Butthead (1994) 003.cbds
Beavis & Butthead (1994) 004.cbds
Beavis & Butthead (1994) 005.cbds
ComicBookDS.nds

Boot r4 to game mode, run ComicBookDS.nds, it should find and show all the cbds files in the same folder.

I did not patch anything. Runs OK on 1.09 and 1.10.

refugio

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
no help
frown.gif

DSGRIM

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

darksavior

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Comicbookds has ALWAYS worked for me. I've always dldi patched though. I don't see how getting it working would be a problem. Maybe double check your cbds conversions? Make sure they're compressed zip/rar/cbr/cbz

DSGRIM

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Comicbookds has ALWAYS worked for me. I've always dldi patched though. I don't see how getting it working would be a problem. Maybe double check your cbds conversions? Make sure they're compressed zip/rar/cbr/cbz
It doesnt allow you to convert if its not one of those formats so that couldn't be the problem.
It also doesnt work if he doesnt have java so that cant be it either.

BurlyEd

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I am using Comic Book DS V2.2. This is from the readme:

" If the program doesn't launch or reports that fat is not supported then you will have to patch it. Go there : http://chishm.drunkencoders.com/DLDI/ to find how to do it."

Mine works on R4 without patching.

The only problem I had was that I had to change extension from cbz to zip, then unzip the files, then rar them and change extension to cbr before pictods could process them into cbds files.

refugio

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
i got 2.0 beta 5 version working but i think im not conveting books right, my pictures in the folder are jpg and png

anyone got a tutorial on converting so i can make sure im doing it right?

tenchan4

Trophies
XP
Country
I retried it with the 1.10 firmware, and it works for me now. Only copy the "ComicBookDS.nds" file to the root of your card, and then convert some comics using "pictods." Next copy the "cbds" files you made to the root of your card, from the nds folder located in the comicbook ds folder on your computer. It worked for me, hopefully it works for you too.

BurlyEd

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I do not copy the ini file. This is only required if you make certain changes in your configuration.
I just take a bunch of jpg files that I want to be a comic book, number them and make a rar file using winrar.
I rename the "name.rar" file to "name.cbr", then I feed it to pictods which takes about a minute to make a name.cbds file.
I have tried and failed to make a name.zip, rename it to name.cbz, but pictods cannot unpack the cbz.
This should work, but pictods cannot unpack my .cbz files or most of the .cbr and cbz files I have downloaded.
CDisplay can unpack and display ALL of the .cbr and .cbz files that I have found or made.
Your mileage may vary.

edit: I do not think you can use png files. Just view them with irfanview and save them as jpg's.
You DO NOT have to add anything to your root directory.
You DO have to have ComicBookDS.nds plus one or more cbds files in EACH of your comic folders:

\Comics\B&B
\Comics\SuperHeros
\Comic\VacationSnaps
\More Comics\gf

refugio

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
are you guys using version 2.2? and its working for you on the R4?

can you upload it for me cause the one i get doesnt even work on the r4 even if dldi patched, im using firmware 1.10 btw

refugio

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ok i just formatted my card put the firmware again and put comic book ds and it just worked its now working thanks to everyone that tried to help

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Yeah some of us have to stop at x6 not all of us are lucky to stop at x30 like you