Hacking Comex's "BaNNeRBoMB"

Bloodlust

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hong Kong
I have just received an attachment via email showing some IRC logs of #wiidev EFNET. To summarize:

1. comex will NOT be releasing the system menu exploit. He instead intends to find a Super Smash Bros: Brawl exploit.

2. The exploit will have code in it that will detect disc launchers and will brick the Wii with an ominous "erasing" message if any are found. It will also uninstall CIOS249 and CIOS222, which are used by said launchers.

3. This is related to the TrustDev alliance.

-------------------------------------

If its not a rumor, then why bother to release it.

Bloodlust

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hong Kong
The latest copy of BootMii, grabbed off the private git, contains code that checks for DI-patched IOSes (these enable the launchers). If any are found, it installs 'atarisodom.wad' which replaces the system menu and (if present) preloader and then turns the Wii into an Atari 2600 emulator.

More details to follow soon.

----------------------------------

Source : http://wiiscenewatch.blogspot.com/2009/04/...f-warezors.html

keyra

Spoderman self proclamed fan
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Bloodlust said:
I have just received an attachment via email showing some IRC logs of #wiidev EFNET. To summarize:

1. comex will NOT be releasing the system menu exploit. He instead intends to find a Super Smash Bros: Brawl exploit.

2. The exploit will have code in it that will detect disc launchers and will brick the Wii with an ominous "erasing" message if any are found. It will also uninstall CIOS249 and CIOS222, which are used by said launchers.

who would be stupid enough to trust that ?

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fake/10

Team Twiizers has repeatedly said that it's not their business to inhibit piracy. They just do what they can to not help piracy with their apps.

--=ZerO=--

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Bloodlust said:

If a CIOS is installed this would mean u have no need for an exploit because ur wii would be already hacked.
U would need the exploit to run the HBC and later installation of a CIOS...

Doesn't make any sense.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    Veho @ Veho: Has he had seizures before?