Codebreaker Dreamcast Issues

XTHHedgehog

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, so I bought a Dreamcast and burned the hacked Codebreaker that allows me to play burned games. I used Memorex CDs and tested them all out yesterday, and they worked flawlessly. Today, I bought some Philips CDs and they work great too. But now when I put MK Gold (One of the ones burned on a Memorex CD) it doesn't want to work, it's treated as a normal CD. What should I do? The main issue for me is that I don't have enough patience, money or CDs to completely replace all the Memorexes.

Last edited by XTHHedgehog,
Reactions: Alexander1970

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Hello.:)

Okay, so I bought a Dreamcast and burned the hacked Codebreaker that allows me to play burned games. I used Memorex CDs and tested them all out yesterday, and they worked flawlessly. Today, I bought some Philips CDs and they work great too. But now when I put MK Gold (One of the ones burned on a Memorex CD) it doesn't want to work, it's treated as a normal CD. What should I do? The main issue for me is that I don't have enough patience, money or CDs to completely replace all the Memorexes.

I remember this Phenomenon on my Dreamcast (PAL - HKT-3030).
This Model can read/play backupped CDs.

Usually I used Verbatim AZO CDs but for a few Games I need 90 Min or more CDs.
After using such burned Games,the Dreamcast was no longer able to read most of the Verbatim burned Games.
(Burnspeed by the Way was 4x with ImgBurn and Dreamcast PlugIn.)

After a little Research I found the "Dreamcast Laser Calibration Disc".
After using this Disc,the Dreamcast works normally (until the next Time I use this "big Size" CD-Rs)
Unfortunately I can not found an actual Link,because the only "reliable" Source was gone 2 Years ago...

The Files are not big (around 4 - 8 MB if I remember correct).

I will see if I had it somewhere,but all my "Disc Stuff" is gone after the GDemu.:)

Thank you.:)

Last edited by Alexander1970,
Reactions: Deleted User

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
That would be so damn helpful, thank you in advance!
Attached is the packed Image (it was smaller than I thought).:D
It fits on an standard 700 MB CD-R,do not be worried about the Size (it says about 760 MB).

I hope it will really helps you too.:)

Good Luck.:)

Attachments

• D.7z
    602.5 KB · Views: 314

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Alrighty, how do I use this?
Please burn it with ImgBurn (with the DC PlugIn /DLLs installed,but I think you already have it otherwise you can not burn DC Games.:D)

If I remember correct it is a "Music Track" and you simply have to play it on the Dreamcast Menu.
Sorry,I can not test it anymore,I have no working GD-Rom.:(

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Okay, so the Dreamcast is saying it has no tracks and is 00:00 on time. I assume that isn't good?
I think it is my mistake,because it was originally a .cdi File.
So yes,it can not work.:)

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Okay, so the Dreamcast is saying it has no tracks and is 00:00 on time. I assume that isn't good?
Another possible Solution is to "adjust" the Laser:
http://retro-hack.blogspot.com/2010/06/sega-dreamcast-laser-calibration-guide.html

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-