Hacking COD5 still wont work

sum182

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
With gamma and the NTSC version of COD5 i'm still getting an error. its not the same error as before and not in the same spot even. I get past all the cinematics and everything but its when its loading up the first lvl it says the game disk cannot be read and to shut off the wii.....anyone else having this issue?

BL4Z3D247

GBAtemp Stoner
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sum182 said:
With gamma and the NTSC version of COD5 i'm still getting an error. its not the same error as before and not in the same spot even. I get past all the cinematics and everything but its when its loading up the first lvl it says the game disk cannot be read and to shut off the wii.....anyone else having this issue?
you should have probably posted this in the backup loader thread... you would've had a better chance of getting this answered there

but there i bumped your thread so maybe someone will come and help you or tell you to use the search button(or the right thread) next time, i don't have the game so i wouldn't know what issues(if any) it has, sorry

YellowYoYos

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sum182 said:

This happened to me as well, right when you get into the first level and it say " Use the Wii mote to look around" and then it went to a black screen and said that the disk can not be read. But I have only tired it once, gave me an error and got back on the computer but I will be testing more with this game and will let you guys know.

NTSC Console.
Memorex DVD+R.
NTSC 4.37 ISO burnt at x2 with bookmarked DVDROM.

cdreams

Trophies
Website
www.shaunpauljohnston.com
XP
Country
Here is my experience with COD5 on Wii.

First I had a patched copy of the PAL version. I installed Waninkoko's 0.1 Loader and got the game to run on that, albeit with choppy cut scenes and sound, but it was playable. Online was far too laggy with constant reading of the disc seemingly slowing the game down making it unplayable.

I might add, I have a NTSC unmodded Wii.

I knew on the 0.3 beta the PAL version never worked, however, I heard that a 1:1 NTSC version does work on 0.3 beta Loader. So I now have a 1:1 NTSC copy of COD5 and I can play it on either 0.3beta or the new Gamma. oftchip r43 yet but I think it will work on that too.

I think some people are having issues by uninstalling the wrong cIOS's over old ones or what order they do this in. For instance, I took my SD card with all my loaders and stuff to my brother house tonight so he could have the stuff on his Wii.

I deleted his channels to begin. I then pressumed he had his 0.1 loader installed on rev5 at 247, which I was wrong and it was actually revt5 at 249. My mistake here. So when I installed the new cIOS rev7 at 249 things should have been fine. But where I went wrong was I then checked my WADs and uninstalled cIOS rev5 pointing at 249. So what happened was my cIOS at 249 for both was deleted.

I loaded up the game and it was doing the error. I was a little confused, but after retracing my steps and checking with ATD, I realised my error.

So I went back in and re-installed cIOS rev7 to 249, and hey presto, it now works perfectly.

So my point is this. There may be other issues, but I suggest taking everything off from the old loader, any channels and cIOS's associated with them, so use ATD and delete 249 and 247. Then install the new cIOS rev7 which automatically is at 249. Install any channel for the loader if you want, and use default loading. I have had no problems doing this.

I think a lot of people are over complicating it for themselves and just need to do the basics to get going. Then once your up and running, then try adding fancy channels and graphics and loading from main menus with menuloader ect.

Untouchable757

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If we are talking about COD WAW which i think we are. I have gotten it to work for me. I played well into the first level then i stopped to further test some games. So it does work on gamma using a verbatim DVD-R burnt at 3x speed. also NTSC game on NTSC wii

56killer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
You probably are using a channel.try simply using the dol and it should work.I'm using pal game on ntsc console with force ntsc. and no errors or nothing

sum182

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sigh, it might be by dvds cause im using the .dol, not the channel. I'll go out and get some -R's and we'll see what happens

stayingarmed

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
samsam12 said:
i tried burning the pal version. it errors me after the warning screen. using BL gamma with memorex dvd+r.

I know with 0.3b they said the NTSC worked and PAL didn't.....is that still the case with gamma? Maybe that is peoples problems is the PAL version?

sum182

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im using the NTSC version and i manage to somehow get to the first lvl, but then got the "Cant Read Disk" error after taking about 10 steps....this is frustrating lol

NeoNight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
alex said:
ether2802 said:
Wasn't this game working with 0.3 beta??
No, it worked patched with 0.1
I can play Campaign mode, but no Multiplayer, it gave me a Disc Could Not Be Read error.

eh? I was playing through campaign mode and multiplayer yesterday! with no errors! before I updated to gamma... I haven't tried again with gamma though.

QUOTE(sum182 @ Nov 15 2008, 04:21 AM)
sigh, it might be by dvds cause im using the .dol, not the channel. I'll go out and get some -R's and we'll see what happens

use the -R's! if you want no issues!

sum182

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ive been using +Rs and have had no troubles at all untill now....i'll go out and buy some -R's and see how things go with them.

Moderate

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Whenever I try to create a partition iso with backup creator- it gives me a partition iso, but when I try to load it with ImgBurn it says it's an unsupported file type.

But it's an iso. I don't understand.

This only happens with CoD5.
Anything else works fine.

Anyone have an answer?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Right onto uremums 3d printed dildo