WhiteWingedKnigh

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well I used a Maxell DVD-R up 16x to burn the game. Its a 1:1 copy by the way, and the burn went flawless! Everything is okay and such, no graphical glitches or errors and so on, but the only issue is that sometimes when people in the game talk it gets cut off, it happens every once in a while. For example i remember calling an airstrike in the campaign and it got cut off. It doesn't bother me much but I would like opinions on what could of caused this? Burn issue maybe?

WhiteWingedKnigh

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I guess that could explain it, but it seriously runs like if it was at 6x, the only difference i notice is that it just takes slightly (I mean very slightly) longer to load and such, but its hella fast, Gamma launcher is very nice.

Posts merged

I guess that could explain it, but it seriously runs like if it was at 6x, the only difference i notice is that it just takes slightly (I mean very slightly) longer to load and such, but its hella fast, Gamma launcher is very nice.

trancepara

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
WhiteWingedKnight said:
So it could of been the burn?

You burned it at 16x right? Try burning at 8x once and see if that fixes the voices getting cut off.
ohmy.gif

Kokorazashi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
WhiteWingedKnight said:
so i should burn at 4x for all my DVD-R backups then?

how do you know this? and why 4x?

Yes because how fast you burn it (correct me if I'm wrong) depends on how easy it is to read. The Wii laser is a bit crappy, so it can't read quickly burnt games. I heard that burning it quick causes stress to the Wii's laser, but I don't know if it's really true or not.

Distrance

矢澤にこ
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Kokorazashi said:
WhiteWingedKnight said:
so i should burn at 4x for all my DVD-R backups then?

how do you know this? and why 4x?

Yes because how fast you burn it (correct me if I'm wrong) depends on how easy it is to read. The Wii laser is a bit crappy, so it can't read quickly burnt games. I heard that burning it quick causes stress to the Wii's laser, but I don't know if it's really true or not.

Really ? I hope not ._.... Well I burnt Knight of Ratatosk with 16x, being anxious to try out the undub version, and the music lags ALOT when walking from map to another, or having cutscenes etc. Also the load speeds are drastically increased. I suppose I should try to burn it with lower speed... But anyway, I wonder if it actually stresses the laser.. would suck if it broke.

digitydogs

404 Error: Member Not Found
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
This is a myth Burn as fast as your media and drive support. different speed burnt disc will not affect the laser. DVD lasers are made for constant movement. The only time you should burn lower than the highest speed supported is if you have a program running that is hard drive intensive while your burning (example torrents downloading). I have over 40 backups all burnt at 16x ive had no coasters, and no problems with my dvd drive, even when playing games for 8 hours at a stretch. If you dont know if something is true please dont spread it. Most DVD issues with the wii come down to one of two issues. Bad media/images or Cios Problems.

moosh01

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
digitydogs is right. personally i burn at 8x (half max speed for me) because i have torrents dl'ing in the background, but so far 60+ burns no coasters from bad burns

Nanu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DM357 said:
The loader isn't the problem, otherwise everyone would be having the same problem.

I had the same problem as the OP, it really wasn't a big deal though. Pretty often some elements of the audio would just cut off, but since there's so much going on at once (There's always like, 5 guys screaming, 800 bullets being fired, 5 explosions, and music playing at pretty much any given second of the game). So, you kind of just let it slide. You don't always need to hear what they're saying, and because there's so much to hear anyways you just ignore it.

moosh01

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WhiteWingedKnight said:
Its all so confusing!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Someone says ideal speed is 4x then someone says 16x then someone else says 2x... its driving me nutzzzzzzz lolol...
I know what yo mean but it is really personal preference and depends on the quality of your burner/disk/burning software. reading through the forums there is no clear best way to do it, just use some trial and error on your part and take some suggestions from people who know what they are talking about and do what works for you.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I really don't want to buy this fap tab...