OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys! I've got a problem playing Black Ops online (that's new, huh
smile.gif
). I have an NTSC-U Wii, but I am living in Europe right now. I tried an NTSC copy of the game first, but got stuck at the update prompt for online mode. So, I followed a tutorial and used Multi Mod Manager to try and update my Wii Shop Channel. I was unable to install the American Shop Channel (since I am in Europe, I guess), so I went ahead and installed the European one. When I went back in the game to do the update, it froze on me.

So, next I tried a PAL copy of the game. This time the problem was that I got no prompt for the update. I was able to get online, but it was buggy and I couldn't connect since I was missing the update.

Is there anyway around this issue?? Can I get the American shop channel some other way? Is there a way to trigger the update prompt on with the PAL version.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

VLinh

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hmm, I didn't have to go to the Wii Shop Channel for the updates. My friend has a bootleg copy of the game and when he goes online it prompts him for the update, lets it install, and he's able to play freely. I could suggest if you have the update data in your Data Management, delete it and try again. I know I didn't have to use the Wii Shop Channel at all. I do have the NTSC copy of Black Ops and it only prompt me for the update and yeah.

Hope you get helped though! =D

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-