TheStump

Got Wood?
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Lol, i was over at IGN just before and realised that they have review both Clubhouse game and 42 All Time classics, it seems that Clubhouse games is a better game.

Clubhouse games = 8.5/10
42 All Time Classics = 8/10

IGN Link

WTF indeed.
Also im aware two serperate people have reviewed both games but still, they maybe should have given it the same score. As i really doubt the USA version is better...wait maybe it is. LOL silly ign

Opium

PogoShell it to me ™
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia
Maybe they gave Clubhouse Games an extra 0.5 because it has a cooler name?
smile.gif

Lily

One Scary Lady
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Maybe it tells you that paying attention to IGN review scores is pretty useless.
smile.gif

Use Game Rankings OR Metacritic or a similar review aggragation service to get the true feel for a game.

Keep watching those reviews, and I'll bet you dollars to doughnuts the score for one of the titles will be adjusted quietly so that they match.

Shinji

҉҉ ҉҉
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United States
Maybe it tells you that paying attention to IGN review scores is pretty useless.
smile.gif

Use Game Rankings OR Metacritic or a similar review aggragation service to get the true feel for a game.

Keep watching those reviews, and I'll bet you dollars to doughnuts the score for one of the titles will be adjusted quietly so that they match.
You've been called out, Q. J/k

I'll definately check out those sites. I used to use IGN back when the DS was brand spankin new, but learned better. I go elsewhere for opinions on games
wub.gif

Rayout

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
They were reviewed by 2 different people in 2 different parts of the world. One is from the UK site, the other is the US site. Any questions?

VmprHntrD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's really a great package and as much as I do not like to online game I find the way it handles stuff, especially the scoring just tracking total plays and wins, not losses...is more encouraging to keep trying.

It's a great package, while a fair few of the card games and some of the variety stuff semi-sucks, other pieces are just timelessly fun to do. Bowling seems to have a fairly large following so far with around 5000 players already.

DcJack

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Lol, i was over at IGN just before and realised that they have review both Clubhouse game and 42 All Time classics, it seems that Clubhouse games is a better game.

Clubhouse games = 8.5/10
42 All Time Classics = 8/10

IGN Link

WTF indeed.
Also im aware two serperate people have reviewed both games but still, they maybe should have given it the same score. As i really doubt the USA version is better...wait maybe it is. LOL silly ign
Don't you realise that if two people reviews a game they usually aren't going to give it the same score. So i can't see something wrong with that. I would give it a 7 instead of 8-8.5

Kirby102

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I've noticed in 'Clubhouse Games' (US) is that they fixed the clock, so that it shows it in 12-hour time... whereas '42 All-Time Classics' (EU) showed it in 24-hour time. But I doubt that was worth 0.5 lol
happy.gif

Zarcon

.:~Enigmatic Wanderer~:.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You shouldn't be relying on reviews too much anyway, try the game out yourself.
Not everyone will rate a game the same. It doesn't matter how unbiased people can be or how similar they are, they'll still have certain preferences towards certain aspects.

There are plenty of games out there where the general consensus is that they're bad and I end up enjoying them. the same applies the other way around.

So yea, if the game looks interesting to you then try it yourself.

I've probably lost the original point of this topic...
-looks up-
Yup.

They're two different people, not clones, give them a break. XD

AshuraZro

Belongs in a museum.
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm very curious why these scores are brought into question.

Might as well bring this very site into the debate too. Wondering why? The M3 vs Supercard review contains 2 scores for each of the said products. Reason why? TWO PEOPLE, TWO OPINIONS. They share similar opinions but at the same time see some things differently thus causing minor differences in product ratings.

*EDIT* Words were missing.

Neil

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.last.fm
XP
Country
Really great game, I'm actually sitting up playing it at the mo, almost got all my stamps. Not even thought about trying online gaming with it yet. And in the Yu-Gi-Oh topic recently, I was asking for other good strategy games. Well, there's tons in this! I was playing President and - after finally working out how to play it properly - I became very impressed at how strategic it was.

Lots of fun to be had with this collection of games. Loving it.

Neil

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.last.fm
XP
Country
Oh god, the last game you have to beat in stamp mode (Escape) is an absolutely massive cunt. I've been at it for ages now.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nah, a hit gives them mad meth powers, but makes them more difficult to control.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Before a hit they're like zombies, persistent but slow.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a tradeoff.
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    no i mean, before a hit is after the previous hit
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    if you keep them well enough fed, it's the same thing
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Guys, I just learned my little brother is in the hospital because he had a seizure last night.
  • cearp @ cearp:
    Sorry to hear that BakerMan
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Just found out he's doing alright, doing a lot of complaining too, rightfully so. Who wouldn't complain after having a seizure and being hospitalized?
    +1
    Glad he is OK and complaining is cool :)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah been there had that no fun
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They'll give him sleep studies eegs and possibly one week hospital stay
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    I hope it's not a week.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's standard so doctors can get a idea about what's going on
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    understood
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    well, i'm glad he seems to be doing fine, and ig i'm going to start spewing goofy shit again
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Update: Turns out he's epileptic
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Get a 2nd opinion run mris etc they told me that also
    Also a food allergy study would be a good idea
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Turns out you can't sprinkle methamphetamine on McDonald's French fries
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    they wouldn't be called french fries at that point
    +1