Gaming "Cloud" comes to Smash bros, What?!?!

[^Blark^]

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As the title says is basically what this is about. Is anyone hyped for Cloud (ffvii) to come to smash bros besides me? I watched the video earlier today and I'm actually surprised to see him being added to the roster.

LoganK93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I made very un-manly sounds and don't really understand all the hate. He is a character that could potentially have a wide range of physical and magical attacks, and seeing all the summons on the stage made me have a fangasm. FFVII isn't even my favorite game in the series, but just seeing some kind of support for the series is good to me, and the fact they are using what is arguably the most recognizable character just makes sense. I see a lot of people saying it should have been the black mage but the problem is... that's a fairly generic design. It would just end up making most people who aren't as familiar with the series just say "Ok so... a wizard?". Most people, whether in the fanbase or not, automatically equate Cloud to Final Fantasy.

Reactions: Sick Wario
D

Deleted User

When Ryu and Roy were announced then Sakurai said that the next DLC/s will only be what fans wish for or something like that.. But still he has been lying before.

Reactions: Deleted User

Terenigma

Terenigma everywhere
Trophies
XP
Country
Its been hinted that a tweet Sakurai made might reveal that Cloud was the ballot winner but i dont buy it. He looks too well produced to have been made in a month and his moveset perfectly mimics 4 of his famous limit breaks in FF7. This makes me think Cloud was always intended to be in the game, especially with that AWESOME looking stage. Day 1 purchase for me.

Also just to address the people being butthurt over it. They are clearly young people who dont know or didnt play FF7. I watched maybe 5-6 reaction videos and the ammount of people who did not instantly know the FF7 intro untill the "final fantasy 7" logo popped it just showed me that they only know Cloud by reputation and not by nostalgia and to them, he is "just another sword" character. Which is stupid. Those people are not the ones you need to listen to. Cloud being in the game is arguably one of the coolest things they could of done.

...Altho i still want King K Rool.

Demifiend

The bored one
Trophies
XP
Country
What was the music that played in that trailer? It's stuck in my mind now.

When Cloud Enters, the song is "Fighting - Final Fantasy VII", later on, when the guitar enters and Cloud gets serious is "Boss theme - Final Fantasy VII", and the last song is Victory Fanfare from, that game again.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
yep cloud is a good addition, nice for them to not be focusing on Nintendo IP's and FFIV was probably my favorite FF game, so yeah good call imo :P

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Felix from Golden Sun.
Everyone want Issac but I say Felix because he is better. Or maybe Saturos, he'll be awesome.
well that makes more sense i was thinking of this lmao
3092895-0827036802-Felix.jpg

Reactions: Sakitoshi

[^Blark^]

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Felix from Golden Sun.
Everyone want Issac but I say Felix because he is better. Or maybe Saturos, he'll be awesome.
saturos and his smash attack would be saturos+menardi fusion dragon lol. still never beat them I lost my save :(...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: I havent finished watching it so no spoilers pls