Hacking Clone Acekard2 from PriceAngels.com

Tim the Elite

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So firstly, as the title states, a word of warning that PriceAngels.com are selling Acekard 2 clones that look like they are real ones. I received mine today and can tell its a clone by the fact that it wont load games from AKAIO 1.6. So beware!

Another note: I thought the clones were meant to work with AKAIO 1.5... my one can boot games from AKAIO 1.5 but all games freeze either in the first menu of the game of when it tries to save. I'm thinking this may be because I'm using an cheap no-name MicroSD?

Before I get scolded by pros, I will have you all know that I have ordered an Acekard 2i from Gamekool.com (which I hope doesn't turn out to be a clone) and I have also ordered a Japan Kingston MicroSD card. So hopefully that makes up for my previous gaming incompetence.

Comments appreciated.

penthaler

Trophies
XP
Country
Only bad batch... wait for fix (oficial acekard system) and next time use search, because this problem had many (many, many, many) users before you and they made almost the same thread...

Until rls of fixed fw, download and use ACEKARD system 4.07a15

figster

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I recieved my acekard2i from price angels today and it works fine with AKAIO 1.6.
I had to flash the cart to work with my DSi 1.4 firmware, but after that it works perfectly.

penthaler

Trophies
XP
Country
AK2 cannot be fixed with 1.4fix... Only AK2i
biggrin.gif

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Hmm - seem like PriceAngel has removed acekard from their site

Tim the Elite:You also say acekard is a clone but is your card a acekard 2.1 or a 2i ??
If a 2.1 - there's been a bad batch of them & you may be unlucky to get one

Any idea what the HW code is on your card ??
If you can't get AKAIO 1.6 working - try an older version or Acekard own offical firmware

Tim the Elite

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
It's an Acekard 2.1. I just assumed it was a clone because I read somewhere that if an Acekard gets stuck on the green game loading screen in 1.6 then it has to be a clone.

As for the 'HW Code', I have no idea what that is.

Is it safe to assume that the Acekard 2i that I ordered from Gamekool.com will be genuine?

XFelixX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just go for the AK2i. it works on the DS/DSL too. it's what I did after i got my 'bad batch 2.1'

Tim the Elite

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah XFelixX, I have one being shipped to me right now
smile.gif

Also thanks to penthaler, my games are now working with the older firmware. So thanks.
smile.gif

Tim the Elite

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
In terms of 'safeness', my experience was good with PriceAngels. Prices were cheap. Delivery was quick. I only had two problems with them.

1. From the time I ordered until now, I haven't received a single email from PriceAngels, no receipt, no nothing. I can't even log onto their site as a customer. That being said, the items still arrived in the post quickly.
2. The Acekard 2.1 I received is either a clone or from a bad batch.

I guess if you were going to buy an Acekard 2i, PriceAngels would be fine, as someone previously said they had ordered an Acekard 2i and it is working fine.

figster

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
CannonFoddr said:
Hmm - seem like PriceAngel has removed acekard from their site

Tim the Elite:You also say acekard is a clone but is your card a acekard 2.1 or a 2i ??
If a 2.1 - there's been a bad batch of them & you may be unlucky to get one

Any idea what the HW code is on your card ??
If you can't get AKAIO 1.6 working - try an older version or Acekard own offical firmware

This is the link I bought mine from, it works great and they're still on the site.
http://www.priceangels.com/AceKard_2i_AK2i...ion__p1531.html

Toader

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Tim the Elite said:
In terms of 'safeness', my experience was good with PriceAngels. Prices were cheap. Delivery was quick. I only had two problems with them.

1. From the time I ordered until now, I haven't received a single email from PriceAngels, no receipt, no nothing. I can't even log onto their site as a customer. That being said, the items still arrived in the post quickly.
2. The Acekard 2.1 I received is either a clone or from a bad batch.

I guess if you were going to buy an Acekard 2i, PriceAngels would be fine, as someone previously said they had ordered an Acekard 2i and it is working fine.

Alright thanks. I'll probably test it by buying something cheap and see how it goes.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BigOnYa, doesnt the game have a campaign mode?