Samutz

OP
Trophies
Website
samutz.com
XP
Country
United States
Edit: Missed it already posted here: http://www.gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=42883 (searching clickbeat doesn't search clickbeats
blink.gif
)

http://www.thephorse.net/beatclick/news/

QUOTE said:
Hmm, What is ClickBeat, anyway?

Glad you asked! ClickBeat is the first music game developed specifically for the PC, for the mouse! The aim of the game is to click the circles on the screen as they appear, in time with the music.

Dude, this looks like an Osu! clone. What gives?

We admit that it’s very similar to Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan!, and it was our original intention to make a clone. But we like to think we gave it our own little twist. Plus, playing it with the mouse is radically different from playing it with the stylus of the Nintendo DS. But yeah, we’re aware of the similarity!

It only comes with 2 songs, and one "how to play" stage, but you can download others from their site.

You can also make your own stages using scripts. I haven't looked into how exactly yet, but it doesn't look very easy.

The engine is still a way from being able to replicate EBA-type stages, but if they get enough support, it could turn out pretty good I think.

shurf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've already downloaded and intsalled this. The two songs packed in are only mildly fun, but at least very well synced. You have to add user-created songs to it, like that other rhythm game StepMania. I have to say though, after all my time playing this game, I still find the weird target-looking notes pretty ugly. Plus, playing with the mouse is infinitely more challenging than playing with a stylus.

Ehh... the game can be better. I'll stick to StepMania for now.
wink.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    MrNoobNub @ MrNoobNub: why is everyone so horny