Hacking Cleaning up my Switch for Smash Ultimate

Arikaido

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a Switch that can boot into RCM that I've had on airplane mode since update 5.1.0. I primarily use LayeredFS for BotW mods, but now I need to clean it up for Smash so I can game with my crew. I'm using hekate 3.2 with NXLoader and a paperclip (I know, I know) to actually run it. I've tried to keep up with the mod scene, so I know that SX OS offers emunand, but I don't know that it works with LayeredFS mods. I'm just looking for resources on how to update things safely; I definitely want to keep CFW, and emunand is preferable since I wanna go online with Smash, but if I can also get LayeredFS, that'd be a plus. Any help here would be amazing. Thanks in advance!

A

a9lh-1user

Buy a second switch and use that for Smash. The moment you go online with the hacked one your risk a full ban!
If you use CFW it is sure you will be banned .... earlier or later but it will happen.
SX OS "Emunand" can't prevent that because it is something else but not a real Emunand ;)

GaM3r2Xtreme

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you take a clean backup with hekate before doing any modifications? If so, your best bet would probably be to make a backup of your modified nand and restore your original clean nand.

It sounds like you played it safe by keeping airplane mod on while messing around with layeredFS. There shouldn't have been any logs or errors being send to Nintendo servers while making modifications.

Once the clean nand backup is restored and you connect back online, it would look like you haven't been playing your switch since the date of your clean backup.

For extra safety sake, remove the sd card with all the custom files before booting back into the clean OS. You never know if Nintendo is scanning sd cards, logging, and banning based on just having those files.

thaikhoa

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Buy a second switch and use that for Smash. The moment you go online with the hacked one your risk a full ban!
If you use CFW it is sure you will be banned .... earlier or later but it will happen.
SX OS "Emunand" can't prevent that because it is something else but not a real Emunand ;)

The fact that SX's Emunand can prevent a real brick but a ban according to some darkest rumors about not being "as safe" or """""emunand""""?

To OP, if you know how the Switch operates, you could build a super clean nand out of Nintendo.

A

a9lh-1user

@thaikhoa if you use the SXOS to make a emunand it will split you eMMC from your Switch to 2 different parts. Nindento gets the telemetry data of your switch (if you like it or not) when you go online what do you think how amazed they are that you have spitted your internal eMMC into two parts ;) (what is not possible with the tools from Ninti)
I don't want a fight about CFW and SX OS because it is useless. But please don't advice people (who want to play online with a game) that SX OS can't brick the system or it is a lie that it could lead to a ban!
In fact i think you get banned faster if you use the SX OS emunand ;) But that is a personal opinion.

Anyway the fact that OP want's to "Have it ALL" i can only say that's a no go at the moment with the tools we can use.
But please proof me otherwise ;)

thaikhoa

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
@thaikhoa if you use the SXOS to make a emunand it will split you eMMC from your Switch to 2 different parts. Nindento gets the telemetry data of your switch (if you like it or not) when you go online what do you think how amazed they are that you have spitted your internal eMMC into two parts ;) (what is not possible with the tools from Ninti)
I don't want a fight about CFW and SX OS because it is useless. But please don't advice people (who want to play online with a game) that SX OS can't brick the system or it is a lie that it could lead to a ban!
In fact i think you get banned faster if you use the SX OS emunand ;) But that is a personal opinion.

Anyway the fact that OP want's to "Have it ALL" i can only say that's a no go at the moment with the tools we can use.
But please proof me otherwise ;)

That's good to know you have no idea about the use of SX's emunand. So do I, don't want to dig on that, just keep yours.

Arikaido

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Last edited by Arikaido,
Reactions: King_Knoedel

thaikhoa

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I was under the impression that I can do emunand from the SD card now?

Yes, with SX 2.3. But keep in mind that the trend is all about """""emunand""""". Just wait for a free emunand from atmosphere team.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

About savedata, you can keep them. Mount USER using HacDiskMount and backup USER\save\*.*. Extract them by using extract_nand_gamesave. Keep in mind, you won't use them to import to your games on sysnand for online purposes. The risk is yours to take.

GaM3r2Xtreme

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Eh, I don't know about your saves and putting them in your clean nand after restoration. Only think I know of is to use checkpoint to import the saves, but then your using Homebrew again which I guess could lead to a ban.

It would be nice to be able to sideload saves into a nand backup on a PC, but then could save creation date be detected? It could seems a little fishy having a save lasted edited on a different day between log on dates.

Arikaido

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone have input on using Atmosphere to run CFW and OFW on different versions? I think I've seen that that's an option; I know it is for SX OS, but can't find that for sure for Atmosphere.

Ashura66

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Does anyone have input on using Atmosphere to run CFW and OFW on different versions? I think I've seen that that's an option; I know it is for SX OS, but can't find that for sure for Atmosphere.

Atmo doesn't have Emunand yet. It's in the plans for the future but it's not here yet

Arikaido

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Atmo doesn't have Emunand yet. It's in the plans for the future but it's not here yet
Damn, ok. So if I want to keep CFW and try online, it's SX OS or bust.

Ok, one last question: if I go back to being legit, what does the future look like for me? Mostly asking from someone who's paid closer attention to progress than I have.

modsbox

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I agree with the 'get another Switch' suggestion. But obviously that's expensive... What I did and want to recommend? Buy a a 'tablet only' Switch on eBay.

There are always people selling them for around $170. No joycons, no dock, no power adapter. But when you think about it, all you really need is the tablet. You've got all the other accessories already. And if you've ever bought a pair of extra joycons, you've already got joycons for it.

When the hacking stuff started happening I bought a tablet only for $170, with a 20% off everything on ebay coupon they had that day. Totally worth it.

Trying to keep a hacked switch from getting banned is going to be a huge headache. Just get a tablet, hack it, don't ever add your nintendo account to it, never take it online and play all the games you want offline.

Arikaido

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm really reluctant to buy anything new at this point, to be honest. I'm probably just going to restore my nand from before I started hax. Thanks for all the advice!

Tilde88

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dont listen to this guy saying emunand by sxos is not real. The first iteration was NAND-based, and very real. The new one instead works on SD card so all these plebs talking shit about it being on NAND can stfu. Additionally, sxos emunand on sdcard utilizes an emutendo folder instead of Nintendo. I hate that people who know nothing of anything are allowed to continue to post in this forum
I also hate that people that know nothing about something decide to just use parrot off certain words or phrases they "learned" somewhere

Last edited by Tilde88,
Reactions: a9lh-1user

JJTapia19

I fight for my friends.
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
This is what I did long time ago when I didn't have a clean sysnand backup. If you don't have one you can restore to you can do this also. I modified the guide to include sd emunand which is new.

Switch to sx os.
Layered fs works the same but files need to be on sd:sxos/titles/ directory ao you only have to move them there.
Create sd emunand.
After that if you have weird errors on you error log look for an older version of sd files with dreport and clean the errorr logs. This is risky but not riskier than just leaving the errors there and a system format won't delete them.
After that do a system format and now test and hope no ban comes.
Go to emunand for any hacking needs. Stealth mode should be enough to block nintendo servers on emunand but I recommend to keep it completely offline. Good luck.

I'm haven't been banned and now I consider that sysnand clean.

Last edited by JJTapia19,
A

a9lh-1user

I have a question to everyone who posted here:
Did i read it wrong or need OP a solution to run CFW and Smash on ONE Switch? (Smash goes online!)
AFAIK there is no safe solution to that.
There is no solution with any CFW. Again proof me wrong.
Only way would be to make a backup and everytime you want to play online you have to restore it.

I cant understand that most of the given solution don't mention that.
And what i relay can't understand is the hate some people have to defend their own opinion.....but that only my opinion ;)

Last edited by ,

JJTapia19

I fight for my friends.
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
I have a question to everyone who posted here:
Did i read it wrong or need OP a solution to run CFW and Smash on ONE Switch? (Smash goes online!)
AFAIK there is no safe solution to that.
There is no solution with any CFW. Again proof me wrong.
Only way would be to make a backup and everytime you want to play online you have to restore it.

I cant understand that most of the given solution don't mention that.
And what i relay can't understand is the hate some people have to defend their own opinion.....but that only my opinion ;)
Ther is a safe solution and at the moment only sx os provides it. It's sd emunand offline for hacking purposes and a clean sysnand for legit purchased games going online.

Hugopugo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Dont listen to this guy saying emunand by sxos is not real. The first iteration was NAND-based, and very real. The new one instead works on SD card so all these plebs talking shit about it being on NAND can stfu. Additionally, sxos emunand on sdcard utilizes an emutendo folder instead of Nintendo. I hate that people who know nothing of anything are allowed to continue to post in this forum
I also hate that people that know nothing about something decide to just use parrot off certain words or phrases they "learned" somewhere

The only reason why people say it is not a real emunand is cause it does not protect you from a brick game... install pikabrick on your emunand and run it to see what happens... it bricks your actual sysnand... so it wont save you from anything just yet

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYZD7ykz9aQ +1