cleaning old 5.03gen-a\c

Discussion in 'PSP - Hacking & Homebrew' started by Yanazake, Feb 5, 2011.

Feb 5, 2011

cleaning old 5.03gen-a\c by Yanazake at 3:10 AM (677 Views / 0 Likes) 1 replies

1. Yanazake
    OP

Member Yanazake GBAtemp Regular

Brazil
    I got a friend with a psp 3k, and very old versions of cfw 5.03 gen a\c. he's kind of a knucklehead, sobear with me...

He used an "installer\loader", and now, he gets "gen a" on his xmb menu whenever he tries to load a cfw. It seems the old gen cfw was flashed on his psp 3k flash memory thanks to the "instaler\loader".

Any way to actually fix this, install any other cfw and use the 503 kxploit?

2. Jolan

Member Jolan Unlimited Bear Works

Bulgaria
    yeah, just run ChickHEN R2 from 5.03 OFW, then start up 5.03 GEN-C while holding the Left Trigger (I think it was the left...)

It should show a black screen with many options. Select should be uninstall. Do it.

Then, repeat, ChickHEN R2, 5.03 GEN-C, X to install, la-la-la, it install, PSP is now at 5.03 GEN-C

Then you find and download 5.03 Prometheus-4 Unofficial, and you install that too, same way (run from chickhen R2, X, installs, PROFIT!)

Then, delete chickhen, 5.03 gen-c, 5.03 prometheus and just put the 503 kxploit on the memory stick CORRECTLY, and you're done. Latest CFW lite and an instant loader for it when the PSP shuts down.