Is there any way in which I could download PSP titles via PS3/PSVita Store and transfer those titles to a modded PSP?

elCerebrain

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
I have a friend whom has access to the PSP titles via a PS3. He wants to download these games and then transfer them to an original PSP of his. According to him, he connects the PSP to his PS3 but when using the Transfer data option it does not work any longer.

I suggested to backup the original system, install it in a modded PSP of his, use some kind of software to install the data he got from the PS3 and then use a Transfer data option but from PSP to PSP. I don't know if this is possible yet so I'm asking you guys if this can be done.

The idea came from a solution I got to keeping original games from a 3DS into another un-modded one. Nonetheless, I'm clueless if this can be done from PS3 to PSP or PSP to PSP and if yes, how to do so.

Thank you very much for any insights!

Last edited by elCerebrain,

sombrerosonic

Idiot machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe he can try to find copy's of the files on the net?

or you could just fuck around and just copy the files to a USB then just move them to your PSP with your PC (To get the files in the correct directory as the PS3 stores them in the PS3 folder, NOT the PSP folder)

elCerebrain

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Maybe he can try to find copy's of the files on the net?

or you could just fuck around and just copy the files to a USB then just move them to your PSP with your PC (To get the files in the correct directory as the PS3 stores them in the PS3 folder, NOT the PSP folder)
That's what I would suggest first but he insists on not modding the original PSP. He has a modded one already.

You mean: Download the games in the PS3, copy the data to the PC, then copy the data to the PSP? I believe that would not work with an unmodded one.

sombrerosonic

Idiot machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's what I would suggest first but he insists on not modding the original PSP. He has a modded one already.

You mean: Download the games in the PS3, copy the data to the PC, then copy the data to the PSP? I believe that would not work with an unmodded one.
That complicates it alot more as the hacked version lets you do more, try to see if he can install it via the PSP.

elCerebrain

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
That complicates it alot more as the hacked version lets you do more, try to see if he can install it via the PSP.
He can't, his eShop already dissapeared.

I suggested to backup the original system, install in the hacked one, in this one install the desired content and then transfer it all to the virgin one.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a friend whom has access to the PSP titles via a PS3. He wants to download these games and then transfer them to an original PSP of his. According to him, he connects the PSP to his PS3 but when using the Transfer data option it does not work any longer.

I suggested to backup the original system, install it in a modded PSP of his, use some kind of software to install the data he got from the PS3 and then use a Transfer data option but from PSP to PSP. I don't know if this is possible yet so I'm asking you guys if this can be done.

The idea came from a solution I got to keeping original games from a 3DS into another un-modded one. Nonetheless, I'm clueless if this can be done from PS3 to PSP or PSP to PSP and if yes, how to do so.

Thank you very much for any insights!

Not going to work if he has no CFW on his PSP

• Sad
Reactions: elCerebrain

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr