Classic Dungeon Brawler Gauntlet: Slayer Edition launches today on PS4

gauntlet.png
The Warrior, Wizard, Valkyrie and Elf, of the co-op classic Gauntlet, are back in action on the PlayStation Network in Gauntlet: Slayer Edition! Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment and Arrowhead Game Studios announced today the online enabled dungeon brawler is live now on the PlayStation 4 computer entertainment system for £15.99.

Based on one of the first multiplayer arcade games, this new Gauntlet experience is a perfect couch co-op game, allowing players to select from four classic fantasy-based characters - Warrior, Wizard, Valkyrie or Elf – each with a distinctive play style, unique strengths and weaknesses. In this enhanced edition of the game, players will encounter new hero weapons and abilities, new monster types, and additional features that increase team dynamics and strategy, including spin attacks, shield throws, summoning, and magic abilities for the iconic characters, as well as a new, anticipated Endless gameplay mode.
New opportunities in Gauntlet: Slayer Edition include daily Colosseum challenges, loadout options, relic and potion functionality, weapon abilities and customisation, and much more.

:arrow:Gauntlet Official Site

Maximilious

Whistles a familiar tune
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This remake was horrendous on PC. If Steam Refunds existed when it was first released, I would have definitely returned it. Still waiting for a worthy remake to the franchise...

zychion

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Wow. I don't know what game you guys played but I loved it. I'm not going to buy it on PS4 but I loved it on Steam and 3 of my mates +myself finished it all together in a couple of sessions.

Maximilious

Whistles a familiar tune
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow. I don't know what game you guys played but I loved it. I'm not going to buy it on PS4 but I loved it on Steam and 3 of my mates +myself finished it all together in a couple of sessions.

If you played the original's and the Gamecube version growing up you would understand. I just feel this version did the franchise history no justice.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If you played the original's and the Gamecube version growing up you would understand. I just feel this version did the franchise history no justice.

The original Gauntlet games are pretty shitty. I played them when I was a kid and enjoyed them, but they didn't age well at all. Slayer was a pretty poor attempt to mix new with old, but at least they tried.

The ones on gamecube were fun though...forgot which one I played. Still didn't age well either.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up