Classic Controller Not Working With Wii64

Discussion in 'Wii - Emulation and Homebrew' started by EmeraldJunkie, Aug 21, 2012.

Aug 21, 2012
  1. EmeraldJunkie
    OP

Newcomer EmeraldJunkie Newbie

United Kingdom
    So I recently softmodded my Nintendo Wii after having it for a few years and not doing much with it outside of a few drunken games of Mario with friends or the rare all night Zelda session, and I decided I'd get Wii64 and try to emulate a few old N64 games, namely GoldenEye 007 and Ocarina of Time (I had already gotten Majoras Mask off of the virtual store a while ago). The emulator loaded up fine, the games run pretty smoothly, a few sound errors now and again but I'm not one to be picky, but, the emulator doesn't work with the Classic Controller. I've spent around an hour or so looking for solutions but every thread I come across the OP states that the buttons would work, just not the analoge sticks, but my problem is that the Classic Controller doesn't work at all. It's as if it isn't even plugged in.

I know that the Wii64 emulator doesn't get updated too often (Apparenlty the most recent update came out a few years ago) but it's the only emulator I could find for the WIi, N64 wise anyway.

Is there anything I can do, or should I just try one of the analoge fixes and see if that helps?

Oh and I downloaded Wii64 from the Homebrew Browser because the only working SD card I have is only 128mb but I purchased 16gb SD card off of amazon that should be arriving soon.

2. Clarky

Member Clarky Don't you know who I think I am?

United States
    try any fixes you can find, they may fix it, I would recomend using a Game Cube controller as that is what they devs made it in mind with

3. RchUncleSkeleton

Member RchUncleSkeleton Skeletron 9000

United States
    Why would you want to emulate ocarina of time? You can get it on virtual console and if your really against buying it you can always get the VC wad and install it.

4. EmeraldJunkie
    OP

Newcomer EmeraldJunkie Newbie

United Kingdom
    Yeah, I was planning on doing that next. My Gamecube is stashed away in a box somewhere and I guess I better go find it.

I was using it more so to test the emulator, since I was going to use the emulator to get games that you can't get off of the Virtual Console.

5. xwatchmanx

Member xwatchmanx GBAtemp's (Un)Ironic Weeaboo

United States
    Wii64 doesn't officially support the analogs on the classic controller. However, there IS an unofficial fix for it somewhere. I really don't know what it's called or where you can find it. Try googling "Wii64 classic controller analog fix" or something like that.

Hope this info helps!

6. bm123456

Member bm123456 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    http://gbatemp.net/topic/217245-latest-emulator-and-libogc-with-3rd-party-classic-controller/

- Wii64 r1091 (1.1 Honey ) USB2 IOS202 MOD + Analog stick fix ( Change Log ) Thank to xander150 for her fix

- Wii64 r1091 (1.1 Honey ) USB2 IOS58 MOD + Analog stick fix ( Change Log )

1 person likes this.