PS1/2 Clarification

ody81

Trophies
XP
Country
If you're talking about internal hdds, don't know :O

It''s much better just patching an iso, burning a disc and running from that. If your drive's still up to the task.

External USB drives suck btw, just in case you were thinking of trying that. It's not the load times that are bad, it's the stuttering video, lots of games are unplayable because of that.

Gallito

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you're talking about internal hdds, don't know :O

It''s much better just patching an iso, burning a disc and running from that. If your drive's still up to the task.

External USB drives suck btw, just in case you were thinking of trying that. It's not the load times that are bad, it's the stuttering video, lots of games are unplayable because of that.

So far the only game I haven't been able to run from my internal HDD is Gran Turismo 4, and none of my cut scenes of other games have stuttered from what I can tell. And ya, the PS2's usb 1.1 is way to slow for externals... And I'm pretty sure FFXI only came installed on the official Sony HDD so burning a disc isn't an option. I was wondering if there was ever a work around to let you use a non official HDD for FFXI or if it is even possible to have a machine load backups using OPL and be able to play FFXI.

ody81

Trophies
XP
Country
So far the only game I haven't been able to run from my internal HDD is Gran Turismo 4, and none of my cut scenes of other games have stuttered from what I can tell. And ya, the PS2's usb 1.1 is way to slow for externals... And I'm pretty sure FFXI only came installed on the official Sony HDD so burning a disc isn't an option. I was wondering if there was ever a work around to let you use a non official HDD for FFXI or if it is even possible to have a machine load backups using OPL and be able to play FFXI.

With the stuttering I was referring to external hdds.

And it'd seem you're right, you can get an iso of xi but you still need a hdd for playonline. I myself have a later slim model, so no hdd for me.

If you have your's softmodded though, take a look here...

http://ps2drives.x-pec.com/?p=list

You'll be able to find a compatible hdd and format it thru the ps2. Done. hope yours is there, if not... test it. Nothing to lose but the time it takes.

Edit: Forget to mention winhiip, if you don't have it, it might come in handy.

Gallito

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
With the stuttering I was referring to external hdds.

And it'd seem you're right, you can get an iso of xi but you still need a hdd for playonline. I myself have a later slim model, so no hdd for me.

If you have your's softmodded though, take a look here...

http://ps2drives.x-pec.com/?p=list

You'll be able to find a compatible hdd and format it thru the ps2. Done. hope yours is there, if not... test it. Nothing to lose but the time it takes.

Edit: Forget to mention winhiip, if you don't have it, it might come in handy.

I'm already set up with my soft modded PS2 running back ups off my internal HDD. I was wondering about FFXI's compatability with backup loaders and soft modded PS2s. From what I can tell you have to have an official PS2 HDD to play that specific game.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: If you want a good system to port it to, at least have a good programmer and knowledge.