Homebrew Clarification Thread - What is going on?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BurningDesire

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh crap I forgot I had homework...
I can limit my viewing to once per 15 minutes, that should be enough to keep track of any updates.
every 15m 25 pages show up xD

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I personally think the mods shouldn't ban anyone since we are still talking about 3ds (getting off track sometimes) but the end we're just having fun! That is all that matters - right?

Reactions: DarkRioru

Mrrraou

Trophies
XP
Country
France
every 15m 25 pages show up xD

I personally think the mods shouldn't ban anyone since we are still talking about 3ds (getting off track sometimes) but the end we're just having fun! That is all that matters - right?
everyone knows that i'm having fun reading your shitposts
is everyone having fun too ?

RedHat

Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
United States
This is nothing to be hyped about, so stop here if you are going to say something about that.

I was taking a look at memchunkhax and I was wondering what I could put in the kernel_entry() function.
So I wrote to the frame-buffer directly (supposedly) in kernel mode. You know, because why not.
https://github.com/RedInquisitive/m...8cd48ae4d4e8f1b/source/memchunkhax2.c#L34-L43
I just wondered what code I could throw in there. (just to test the bounds of the method). It worked.

So yeah, I guess it can execute more code than just setting an integer value. Again, this test doesn't do much/prove much but whatever.
I'm just throwing this out there in case that helps someone.

WARNING /!\ : This sets ONLY the FRONT BUFFER to white meaning your screen will flash a lot if you run this!

EDIT: I also tried getting a libctru method to run (the IR protocol, just checking to see if kernel would do anything, because otherwise you get access denied) and it froze... :(

Last edited by RedHat,

dark_samus3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@JustPingo the easier way (instead of making lists) is to check all installed titles and any that are currently installed that aren't on the list of CIAs to install, should be uninstalled

Reactions: Zedjones

Mrrraou

Trophies
XP
Country
France
This is nothing to be hyped about, so stop here if you are going to say something about that.

I was taking a look at memchunkhax and I was wondering what I could put in the kernel_entry() function.
So I wrote to the frame-buffer directly (supposedly) in kernel mode. You know, because why not.
https://github.com/RedInquisitive/m...8cd48ae4d4e8f1b/source/memchunkhax2.c#L34-L43
I just wondered what code I could throw in there. (just to test the bounds of the method). It worked.

So yeah, I guess it can execute more code than just setting an integer value. Again, this test doesn't do much/prove much but whatever.
I'm just throwing this out there in case that helps someone.

WARNING /!\ : This sets ONLY the FRONT BUFFER to white meaning your screen will flash a lot if you run this!
For sure. Setting an integer was just for debugging purposes.

I meant titles installed in NAND (though I guess a few games are)
Oh, well, I guess it can easily be done without breaking stuff.

JustPingo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
@JustPingo the easier way (instead of making lists) is to check all installed titles and any that are currently installed that aren't on the list of CIAs to install, should be uninstalled

Nice idea, but you also have to filter out what are not system titles (which is not so hard IIRC as their titleID are special).

MegaBoyEXE

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

This make sense if the package is complete, otherwise we may be deleting things that did not get updated between 9.2-10.3, but should not be deleted (I hope this makes sense)

I did get the 9.9 pack from that iso site, and also downloaded with 3DNUS myself.
The number of files that came from 3DNUS is bigger, and also some titles md5 does not match.

So, how can we trust that the zip file we will be using? I think we should dump from maybe the SSMB rev01 cart, maybe?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SMG4 @ SMG4: hi