Homebrew Clarification Thread - What is going on?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrrraou

Trophies
XP
Country
France
@Mrrraou Technically you can't steal code since it is all in the same syntax. For all we know someone could of used the same naming as someone else without even knowing it. Code is a tricky thing to tell if it is stolen or not
Uh, it isn't, really. You weren't here when someone stole the team's code on delebile's repo then made it his.

Reactions: Zedjones

itsthenavy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How would one implement memchunkhax to help run homebrew in kernel mode?
Once its stable, i suppose you implement memchunkhax2 and make whatever function you want to run in kernel mode the function pointer. Alternatively it might be possible to start another applet once in kernel mode. Would that have the same level of access? I'm not totally familiar with how ctrulib does that.

Reactions: Zedjones and mungry

Hikenkami

Trophies
XP
Country
France
@Mrrraou Technically you can't steal code since it is all in the same syntax. For all we know someone could of used the same naming as someone else without even knowing it. Code is a tricky thing to tell if it is stolen or not

Are you serious? Code is even more personal than penmanship, even if syntax is the same, there are tons of variables you can name whatever you want, comments that betray your style of coding and writing. Any developer working with another for more than six months is able to tell if the code he has in front of him is his partner's.

Psi-hate

GBATemp's Official Psi-Hater
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Once its stable, i suppose you implement memchunkhax2 and make whatever function you want to run in kernel mode the function pointer. Alternatively it might be possible to start another applet once in kernel mode. Would that have the same level of access? I'm not totally familiar with how ctrulib does that.
Well, if I successfully gain kernel mode from memchunkhax2 and successfully got into FBI i could perhaps install a legit cia.

JustPingo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Are you serious? Code is even more personal than penmanship, even if syntax is the same, there are tons of variables you can name whatever you want, comments that betray your style of coding and writing. Any developer working with another for more than six months is able to tell if the code he has in front of him is his partner's.

My style is to have terrible function names.

Psi-hate

GBATemp's Official Psi-Hater
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I'm pretty much getting Kernel %50 of the time but can't successfully close it rip

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

What is a legit CIA though? How is it different from a normal CIA?
A CIA that is officially signed and can run on vanilla sysnand.

D

Deleted-369620

Is Snshax still getting developed? If not is there any reason for me not to update to 10.3?

Shubshub

The Shubinator
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Just as a heads up I managed to compile KTM after fusing it with mch2 code... Not sure if it works yet probably not but will report back and keep tinkering =P

EDIT: As I expected, It still doesn't work (Probably) if anyone could tell me where the TTP file would go to be found?

I'm gonna tinker around see if I can stop the flicker

Last edited by Shubshub,
Reactions: Astoria

Mrrraou

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Just as a heads up I managed to compile KTM after fusing it with mch2 code... Not sure if it works yet probably not but will report back and keep tinkering =P
if it bricks that's not JustPingo's responsibility, keep that in mind

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: