Homebrew Clarification Thread - What is going on?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrrraou

Trophies
XP
Country
France
if you can actually believe it, I automated pretty much everything for this right now with a shell script:
  • pulls the latest commit to Steveice10's repo
  • builds it
  • creates a text file containing the commit info
  • zips it up
  • uploads it to my site via FTP
  • generates an entire post for my blog (so i can just replace all the text in my blog entry, which also contains a link to the new build)
  • copies it to my clipboard
  • opens the editor for my post so all I need to do is paste it and save
I'm doing this because all of you seem to have nothing better to do with your time and desperately want to run this out of sheer hype (despite it not being useful), so here you go. :P
make it open source haha :P

Psi-hate

GBATemp's Official Psi-Hater
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So is there any way to run any programs in kernel mode? I'd test to see if I can install a legit cia of animal crossing to see if it actually boots into kernel mode for FBI

Substance12

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
So is there any way to run any programs in kernel mode? I'd test to see if I can install a legit cia of animal crossing to see if it actually boots into kernel mode for FBI

NO. IT'S FAKE. IF SOMETHING REAL HAPPENS THERE WILL BE AN ANNOUNCEMENT.

itsthenavy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not yet, but if you know how to start an installed cia from code, you could probably put it in the kernel_entry function and see if it does something. I'm no scene expert, just someone with general CS knowledge and a little too much free time today.

itsthenavy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
NO. IT'S FAKE. IF SOMETHING REAL HAPPENS THERE WILL BE AN ANNOUNCEMENT.
But it is real. This is memchunkhax2 and not the downgrader. memchunkhax2 is the exploit to kick off the downgrader. I guess this was never properly explained and the two became synonymous. memchunkhax2 is real and improving. Downgrade is still SOON.

Substance12

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
But it is real. This is memchunkhax2 and not the downgrader. memchunkhax2 is the exploit to kick off the downgrader. I guess this was never properly explained and the two became synonymous. memchunkhax2 is real and improving. Downgrade is still SOON.

I meant that the stolen code that's supposed to run FBI is fake.

Reactions: Mrrraou
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: 👍