Homebrew CitrAGB - 3DS GBA Emulator (WIP)

AndrewPH

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.classicube.net
XP
Country
United States
Uh........dont know if this has been brought up, but I think the Dev of this App may have stumbled on something others have been trying to figure out. I was running this and was just messing around on my N3DS, and noticed, the C Nub and ZL/ZR are USABLE!!!!!!! Granted the C Nub does movements from the JoyStick/Directional and the ZL/ZR do what the L/R do. So I dont know what he did, but might want to look into that for the PRBoom3DS and any others. Could open the door for tons of other Emus :D
This is nothing new, gameyob does stuff with the c-stick/zl/zr too, as does 3dscraft or whatever it's called.

Reactions: BlueEdge

Solarius88

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
So after skimming a few pages, dynarec works on 4x to 9.2 with ninjhax 1.x on O3DS if I get it correctly.
Is this set up worth it speed wise (aria of sorrow anyone?) or I'm better off waiting for my N3DS that hopefully it's 9.0 or 9.2.
I'm using GBA injection but not being able to swap saves with my psp-gpsp set-up is a downer.
And by the way is launching homebrew via cia cubic ninja on sysnand 4.x viable?
MSET DS profile -> launch sysnand-> launch cubic -> homebrew launcher

Smoker1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No it doesnt. I have tried using the C Nub and Z Buttons in GameYob. Even though it shows them in the Button Config, they can not be used for some reason. Is it the .3dsx one that allows it? Because the .cia does not.

hacksn5s4

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
how come the gba emulator on the ds runs full speed and the ds is far less powerful then a 3ds. its not because it can play gba games nomaly because also runs full speed on ds i and ds mode on 3ds.

Greymane

Lurking gbatemp pony
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
If there was full access of the 3ds/n3ds and the experiance it would be weird yes, but homebrew for 3ds is still quit a child in comperison to the ds. Not having full access is quit the thorn in the side for programmers. Also the emu is interpret ported over of gpsp

WaffleWafer

GBATemp Novice Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
its slow because its a port some thing made for the psp is not going to run well on a 3ds with limted access
how come the gba emulator on the ds runs full speed and the ds is far less powerful then a 3ds. its not because it can play gba games nomaly because also runs full speed on ds i and ds mode on 3ds.

we're stuck on interpreter. Dynarec needs <9.2

Idaho

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Not getting the same kind of access sure screws up a few things, I hope ninjhax 2.0 will get kernel access at some point, this way we won't be annoyed by those silly execution limits,...

Reactions: AtlasFontaine

Satan2k

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium

I'm going to reply you the exact same thing I told you on last topic.

The DS, initially, had the GBA hardware inside... It had both ARM7 and 9 on the board... So technically it's not emulation at all.

On the 3DS, there's no ARM7, but still the ARM9

Because they are sharing the same architecture, and the same HW modes, everything can hold on the ARM9 chip. And unfortunately, we don't have access to ARM9 (locked by the kernel).

What remain is, user access, only one core, limited memory and set of instruction, and no way to write a dynarec because the SVC won't allow us to do that sort ot thing. (not yet, until SVC exploit or kernel exploit)

TecXero

Technovert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, homebrew for the 3DS is still in the semi-early stages, the current exploits past 9.2.0 are very limiting, and shinyquagsire can't just develop for our desires, unfortunately. The DS has had a lot more time, homebrew has been refined for it and has pretty well squeezed out just about everything the hardware could handle. If you want a cheap handheld for emulation, I'd recommend a PSP. The 3DS will get there, just give it a couple more years.

Reactions: laharl22

laharl22

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Well, homebrew for the 3DS is still in the semi-early stages, the current exploits past 9.2.0 are very limiting, and shinyquagsire can't just develop for our desires, unfortunately. The DS has had a lot more time, homebrew has been refined for it and has pretty well squeezed out just about everything the hardware could handle. If you want a cheap handheld for emulation, I'd recommend a PSP. The 3DS will get there, just give it a couple more years.
Exactly i have 4 PSP and 2 vita and its better

hacksn5s4

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country

already have a psp with those on it its just nice to be able to do it the 3ds thought as the home brews new to it and the psps is old.

WaffleWafer

GBATemp Novice Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I have the DS, psp, and 3ds but find the 3ds's controls much better. The tactile feedback is good. I just can't stand playing gba games on the psp, the buttons are mushy.

rygar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
3DS has some advantages over PSP for emulation.
1. Larger screen (XL model).
2. Touch screen useful for simulating virtual keyboards.
3. Touch screen can be utilized for light gun emulation.
4. Touch screen can provide analog input, e.g. for mouse emulation.
5. Current system so more likely to have with you.
6. 3D mode can potentially be used to great effect on some emulators, e.g. upcoming(?) Virtual Boy emulator and PrBoom.

Last edited by rygar,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: what's up woke boy