Homebrew Citra - Unofficial \ Chinese builds discussion

drwhojan

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
From the "ReadMe.txt" that came together with the build he posted: "Citra emulators made by Franken build, modified by the SNIP-> team.".

Lol, I should have use, Emulator , not Emulators . made by Franken Sandy

Are some think like this... better thought's ?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Also MANY games now run fullspeed for me with this new Franken Build. The sound is more messed up in it but OMG the speed!.

That's what we get for down clocking, lol, one don't go without the other, you help one game you mess up the other xd

Like, down clock sound/music, video speed goes up are even more, but can play without sound. null it.

Best to do separate editing for each game usage, and make that pack for it.

Last edited by drwhojan,

LG_

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
This is just JayRayFox trying to make things harder on people. A Readme with a link to DaMans page plus the edits he made himself (as can be seen here on this thread) should be more then enough for them guys.
This is not based on that Chinese build with no source. DaMans source is here, DaMan posted his builds here. I honestly dont understand whats up now. I did understand when it came to the Chinese build (Even if i did still think it was a shitty move banning it outright). But now your even banning/blocking your own sites users fixes to the emu. This just takes the biscuit to be honest.

Franken build is not made by the chinese. Its made by our very own DaMan.

Also MANY games now run fullspeed for me with this new Franken Build. The sound is more messed up in it but OMG the speed!.
You just ignored this part "modified by the http://tieba.baidu.com/ team (I know, it's long to read and you guys don't like it, but try it). There are modifications made by the Chinese "team" (with no documentation about what was changed, as usual), so...

Reactions: drwhojan

drwhojan

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Without thinking about it.. the link is getting posted here, just a thought sorry ^^^^ Yikes, Snip mine replay

But no mind is mister prefect!

EDIT: Think I'll merge that Joypad support, but just waiting few more fixes, as read.
Was mention to be kind of working for now.

Last edited by drwhojan,

KeshavTheBest

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
India
Well, How can you guys run sandy build? Whenever I start the emulator (No, Not a game, it happens right after I run the citra qt sandy) It stops working as I said before. Can you tell me what you did to make it run in your PC? Other builds are working perfectly tho.

mcdgray129

Trophies
XP
Country
You just ignored this part "modified by the http://tieba.baidu.com/ team (I know, it's long to read and you guys don't like it, but try it). There are modifications made by the Chinese "team" (with no documentation about what was changed, as usual), so...
Only Drwhojan can explain that. However Franklen build is made by DaMan. Drwhojan, what build was your edits made from?, the chinese build or DaMans franklin build?.

drwhojan

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Well, How can you guys run sandy build? Whenever I start the emulator (No, Not a game, it happens right after I run the citra qt sandy) It stops working as I said before. Can you tell me what you did to make it run in your PC? Other builds are working perfectly tho.

See my video on other page 28 , maybe some think there, But Note game still freezes in game play too, needs to be worked on.

mcdgray129

Trophies
XP
Country
Sounds like maybe your missing some files. You could try extracting this build to the folder of citra that does work then you should have the missing files if thats the problem.

JayFoxRox

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I have to defend drwhojan here. Despite all his personal shenanigans, offtopic posts and various rule violations, the last build was fine - GPL wise.
To my knowledge the last build only was against the rules because it included the shared-font (when I checked last, maybe the file was modified since). I've been in contact about this with drwhojan the last 2 days already to resolve these issues.
I've also written to DaMan in the past to fix the github build URL to include a more precise link to the revision etc.

---

- But no, this is not me trying to make it harder on people. This is about respecting peoples right and protecting them.
(Not any people, but those people whose work you are using)

If anything, I make it harder for me because I spend a couple of hours every single day with this crap.
Just count how often I've tried to explain the GPL here and attempted to put it in laymans terms when it's just a 450 line document in the first place.
It's a lot of work for me and I'd like to spend my time better, too.

[The easy way for me would be to send a DMCA request about this forum or your YouTube channels etc. and report the GPL violations, eventually find other people and go to court - however, nobody wants that and it's ridiculous]

If you want to work with source code you should probably learn how to develop software and read the license, instead of just randomly tinkering with everything (which is fine, but don't publicly share your stuff then - unless you are going to respect the GPL).

---

//Edit: Back to topic please.

Last edited by JayFoxRox,

mcdgray129

Trophies
XP
Country
I have to defend drwhojan here. Despite all his personal shenanigans, offtopic posts and various rule violations, the last build was fine - GPL wise.
To my knowledge the last build only was against the rules because it included the shared-font (when I checked last, maybe the file was modified since). I've been in contact about this with drwhojan the last 2 days already to resolve these issues.
I've also written to DaMan in the past to fix the github build URL to include a more precise link to the revision etc.

---

- But no, this is not me trying to make it harder on people. This is about respecting peoples right and protecting them.
(Not any people, but those people whose work you are using)

If anything, I make it harder for me because I spend a couple of hours every single day with this crap.
Just count how often I've tried to explain the GPL here and attempted to put it in laymans terms when it's just a 450 line document in the first place.
It's a lot of work for me and I'd like to spend my time better, too.

If you want to work with source code you should probably learn how to develop software and read the license, instead of just randomly tinkering with everything (which is fine, but don't publicly share your stuff then - unless you are going to respect the GPL).
I know but clearly you can see his trying. And also im sorry i miss understood what was going on, i thought you guys where trying to stop drwhojan but i see now that your just trying to help him include what he needs.

drwhojan

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Only Drwhojan can explain that. However Franklen build is made by DaMan. Drwhojan, what build was your edits made from?, the chinese build or DaMans franklin build?.

Must be DaMans then, All I know its build franken-build-11917f9 is his right ?

His was in that package, And he BaiUhongr is using it at that site, I think Gdmk was also using it but not with the file that fixes pokemon x/y loading without crashing .
Any can be edited as they use the same mods - citra-qt-sandy.exe

I looked into it today and changes are for speed, but lowers audio/music

Video Ticks
Original -> B9F42F4400 - Offset 0x5B20C0C -> Fix -> B9FF010000
Original -> B9F42F4400 - Offset 0x5B29707 -> Fix -> B9BF010000

Sound/Music Ticks , Other two same, IE as any normal build.
0XEA07B -> B92CFE1300
0XEA0FD -> B92CFE1300

Last edited by drwhojan, , Reason: Fixed post

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Wait, since he's making mods to DaMan's build, he should redistribute the new modified source somewhere, right? Is it on GitHub or something? I haven't seen any links, that's why I removed it.

drwhojan

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Wait, since he's making mods to DaMan's build, he should redistribute the new modified source somewhere, right? Is it on GitHub or something? I haven't seen any links, that's why I removed it.

I drop it, I'm working local, That Chinese of DaMan's is used is modded, I'm taking notes of there changes, Yes I posted Chinese edited there is one are his DaMan's build today , jez this like superman are some think his/he is, her say he is ... lol

The two edits used, can be used for any compiled build, once located in memory, Only changes are by source code are different when compiled.

Last edited by drwhojan,

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I drop it, I'm working local, That Chinese of DaMan's is used is modded, I'm taking notes of there changes, Yes I posted Chinese edited there is one are his DaMan's build today , jez this like superman are some think his/he is, her say he is ... lol

The two edits used, can be used for any compiled build, once located in memory, Only changes are by source code are different when compiled.
Well, as long as JayFoxRox says that it's okay, I'm okay with it. He's the GPL expert here :P

drwhojan

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Well, as long as JayFoxRox says that it's okay, I'm okay with it. He's the GPL expert here :P

Lol he is!, Just NOT that illegal file he told me about by PM xd, Any thanks all for you're help :)

Offtopic, Whats a good file Merger ? > .dll into .exe est, Use to have a good one, but long forgot its name lol, it did the job quite well too.

------------

It's there boy's! in red, Piss about with it/ Play with it, Edit apart from the B9 leave it alone!, Keep running you're game's after each edit, see what speed are audio changes are!

It's the CPU ticks!

g9SkpeA.jpg

Last edited by drwhojan,
Reactions: raulpica

Miguel Gomez

Trophies
XP
Country
Sad that Pokemon X and Y cannot bypass the selection freezes.
BTW. I will release another save file of Pokemon Y. But this time with correct starters so that the rivals won't say the same pokemon(the old save was started as Chespin and changed it to PKHexFroakie and Shauna would say her Froakie) and saved AFTER obtaining the Town Map.

Dayum. Using Save Manager for the carts is okay. But using Save Manager for the Digital Games will likely gives a red screen at the bottom screen.

Last edited by Miguel Gomez,

KeshavTheBest

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
India
Well...How can you guys run that sandy build? It doesn't even run for me, whenever I click on 'citra qt sandy.exe' an error pops up citra qt sandy has stopped working. And there is nothing written in the cmd promt box too. Please help me :/

X Virus

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Sad that Pokemon X and Y cannot bypass the selection freezes.
BTW. I will release another save file of Pokemon Y. But this time with correct starters so that the rivals won't say the same pokemon(the old save was started as Chespin and changed it to PKHexFroakie and Shauna would say her Froakie) and saved AFTER obtaining the Town Map.

Dayum. Using Save Manager for the carts is okay. But using Save Manager for the Digital Games will likely gives a red screen at the bottom screen.

@drwhojan ,actually you able to fixes which bug in X/Y by editing the 15/8 build?
@Miguel Gomez , a saved file for X/Y after obtaining town map will crash or not during level up or obtaining some other items?I means maybe drwhojan have edit the build and pm to you , or you had tested and found something on it.....

drwhojan

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
@drwhojan ,actually you able to fixes which bug in X/Y by editing the 15/8 build?
@Miguel Gomez , a saved file for X/Y after obtaining town map will crash or not during level up or obtaining some other items?I means maybe drwhojan have edit the build and pm to you , or you had tested and found something on it.....

Damans/fankens build giving of far to many errors 15/8 is apart of his, normal latest build gives off less errors but don't run pokemon, kind of loads with that one file, but just loops the red list of errors, My guess it's the yellow error on cmd, that may case the freeze, maybe the one that has to be fixed and recompiled into citra.

gspu_gpu.cpp , Are Open_GL render.cpp red error.

Anyways -
citra-qt-sandy-0815f

New version translate
Own debugging and fine-tune the sound delay part
By the way Pokemon x/y loading up/non crash fix is the user/sysdata/shared_font.bin file, Ie not saves, That file Nintendo own.

Now you know.

Last edited by drwhojan,

KeshavTheBest

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
India
@drwhojan Do you have any other build than Sandy? because it doesn't seem to work for me, it will be good if you can edit a non-sandy build with same settings you did for this one.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Quincy @ Quincy:
    Usually when such a big title leaks the Temp will be the first to report about it (going off of historical reports here, Pokemon SV being the latest one I can recall seeing pop up here)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I still like how a freaking mp3 file hacks webos all that security defeated by text yet again
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    They have simulators for everything nowdays, cray cray. How about a sim that shows you playing the Switch.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's called yuzu
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I want a 120hz 4k tv but crazy how more expensive the 120hz over the 60hz are. Or even more crazy is the price of 8k's.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No real point since movies are 30fps
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Not a big movie buff, more of a gamer tbh. And Series X is 120hz 8k ready, but yea only 120hz 4k games out right now, but thinking of in the future.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Mostly why you never see TV manufacturers going post 60hz
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I only watch tv when i goto bed, it puts me to sleep, and I have a nas drive filled w my fav shows so i can watch them in order, commercial free. I usually watch Married w Children, or South Park
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Stremio ruined my need for nas
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I stream from Nas to firestick, one on every tv, and use Kodi. I'm happy w it, plays everything. (I pirate/torrent shows/movies on pc, and put on nas)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Kodi repost are still pretty popular
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What the hell is Kodi reposts? what do you mean, or "Wut?" -xdqwerty
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Google them basically web crawlers to movie sites
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    oh you mean the 3rd party apps on Kodi, yea i know what you mean, yea there are still a few cool ones, in fact watched the new planet of the apes movie other night w wifey thru one, was good pic surprisingly, not a cam
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn, only $2.06 and free shipping. Gotta cost more for them to ship than $2.06
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I got my Dad a firestick for Xmas and showed him those 3rd party sites on Kodi, he loves it, all he watches anymore. He said he has got 3 letters from AT&T already about pirating, but he says f them, let them shut my internet off (He wants out of his AT&T contract anyways)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's where stremio comes to play never got a letter about it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just use a VPN, even give him my login and password so can use it also, and he refuses, he's funny.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I had to find and get him an old style flip phone even without text, cause thats what he wanted. No text, no internet, only phone calls. Old, old school.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    @BigOnYa, Lol I bought a new USB card reader thing on AliExpress last month for I think like 87 cents. Free shipping from China... It arrived it works and honestly I don't understand how it was so cheap.
    +1
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @BigOnYa, Lol I bought a new USB card reader thing on AliExpress last month for I think like 87... +1