Citra - The Most Difficult Nintendo Emulator

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by Notshane, Aug 10, 2018.

1. Notshane
    OP

Notshane GBAtemp Regular

Dec 13, 2012
    United States
    I have been bothered for quite a while now about this. But, if my research is correct, Citra needs a real 3DS in order to actually play the games and that seems to make it quite difficult to use it, especially if you're uncomfortable with homebrewing your 3DS. I have not really found anything that mentions an easier method of playing games, but I have been really wanting to use it to play a certain 3DS game on a bigger screen for a very long time now and it seems that the emulator is still just as difficult to use as it was a few years ago.

It has to do with some kind of encryption, but it is still obnoxious that you need the real hardware to do this. Is there really no other way to go about it? Because I want to try it out! And I find it peculiar this is still an issue.

2. Flame

Flame Me > You

GBAtemp Patron
    Flame is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 15, 2008
    Citra is work in progress. I'm sure in due time all its problems with be fixed.

3. Esjay131

Esjay131 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 11, 2010
    United States
    You don't actually need a 3DS for it, just some certain files you can find with a simple google of "citra shared fonts download"

4. Notshane
    OP

Notshane GBAtemp Regular

Dec 13, 2012
    United States
    Fonts? Hmm, what would be the best video to learn information about this?

5. Subötaï

Subötaï GBAtemp Regular

Jul 13, 2016
    reading the FAQ would be the best
    https://citra-emu.org/wiki/faq/