Homebrew Official Citra - New 3DS Emulator

X Virus

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Actually one of them is trying working with official group (https://github.com/citra-emu/citra/pull/1906). I have talked with him and he said he is not good at English and don't speak much. But I believe we will see these GCC build in the future official build.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Yup,Yumi-hack work together with official citra team and he able to converse in english , but @wwylele you may invite gdmk ( host of citra baidu ) to join this forum ,i think he is the boss of that chinese site,so,he can answer whatever we ask ,i can't register at baidu since i don't have Phone number of that particular country :huh: btw , @masaki88 how can you register at there ,you got any idea?i heard chinese quite strict in monitoring their cyber ......

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

Ironclad17

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@bunnei, @MerryMage may I know if the Chinese Citra group is among the contributors for official Citra emu or not? If not, isn't it good if you both work together so that it will reduce your official Citra group's workload :D

I don't think the Chinese will work with anyone other than themselves...

Actually one of them is trying to work with the official group (https://github.com/citra-emu/citra/pull/1906). I have talked with him and he said he is not good at English and doesn't speak much, but I believe we will see these GCC build in the future official build.

In the Chinese topic about SSE build, I got answer about qt build. So maybe this guy (http://tieba.baidu.com/home/main?un=wwylele&fr=home) is one of the people who added SSE to Citra? Maybe?

All that matters is if they add their code to Git. I would guess wwylele is the same guy from Git, Baidu, and this forum unless someone is stealing his avatar and handle. So at least yami-hack is a member of the Chinese Citra group and is working with everyone if wwylele is right, and there isn't some kind of elaborate conspiracy to misdirect him. Christ, no one actually reads the thread do they?

Last edited by Ironclad17,

wwylele

Trophies
XP
Country
China
All that matters is if they add their code to Git. I would guess wwylele is the same guy from Git, Baidu, and this forum unless someone is stealing his avatar and handle. So at least yami-hack is a member of the Chinese Citra group and is working with everyone if wwylele is right, and there isn't some kind of elaborate conspiracy to misdirect him. Christ, no one actually reads the thread do they?
Yes, all of these "wwylele" is me. I am Chinese, but more like belonging to the official group instead of that baidu group.
I am communicating with yami-hack, who came up with the idea of TDM-GCC build in the baidu group, and he told me about some difficulties he met (such as they are not able to make a Qt build on GCC). He was trying pushing his changes to the official git, but he said yesterday that he was kind of tired. (not sure what he meant)
I didn't talk much with gdmk, who host the build on baidu, so I don't know much about him.
Another of my Chinese friends is also trying to gather these Chinese with the official group (actually it is him who help me get to yami-hack).
GCC build on Windows is also being discussed in the official group, and some of them is working on this. I guess it is not far to see an official GCC build. (just my guess, don't take it seriously :P)

Last edited by wwylele,

X Virus

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Yes, all of these "wwylele" is me. I am Chinese, but more like belonging to the official group instead of that baidu group.
I am communicating with yami-hack, who came up with the idea of TDM-GCC build in the baidu group, and he told me about some difficulties he met (such as they are not able to make a Qt build on GCC). He was trying pushing his changes to the official git, but he said yesterday that he was kind of tired. (not sure what he meant)
I didn't talk much with gdmk, who host the build on baidu, so I don't know much about him.
Another of my Chinese friends is also trying to gather these Chinese with the official group (actually it is him who help me get to yami-hack).
GCC build on Windows is also being discussed in the official group, and some of them is working on this. I guess it is not far to see an official GCC build. (just my guess, don't take it seriously :P)

@wwylele , do you know cro-fragment lighting? or you just know about TDM-GCC build? May i know your chinese member got told you regarding CRO?Maybe baidu just focus on citra speed instead of fix the bug in some of the games....

@wwylele know about this chinese citra cro ?

<snip>

Anyone had any idea on it?same as the 13 june build or worse than that?maybe this link suitable for those who know a bit mandarin,sorry difficult to find regarding cro.....

Last edited by raulpica, , Reason: Link to illegal Citra build removed -rp

wwylele

Trophies
XP
Country
China
@wwylele , do you know cro-fragment lighting? or you just know about TDM-GCC build? May i know your chinese member got told you regarding CRO?Maybe baidu just focus on citra speed instead of fix the bug in some of the games....

@wwylele know about this chinese citra cro ?

<snip>

Anyone had any idea on it?same as the 13 june build or worse than that?maybe this link suitable for those who know a bit mandarin,sorry difficult to find regarding cro.....
I didn't understand what you mean by "CRO-fragment lighting"... fragment lighting is a feature that has already been in official build long ago, and CRO ... you know CRO, right?
I didn't test these Chinese builds (I love building myself), but according to their description and comments below, these are just official code with additional PRs and CRO merged, more or less the same as the builds here, except the most recent one which is built using GCC and speed up (but still no more bug fix, I guess)

masaki88

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Russia
I didn't understand what you mean by "CRO-fragment lighting"... fragment lighting is a feature that has already been in official build long ago, and CRO ... you know CRO, right?
I didn't test these Chinese builds (I love building myself), but according to their description and comments below, these are just official code with additional PRs and CRO merged, more or less the same as the builds here, except the most recent one which is built using GCC and speed up (but still no more bug fix, I guess)
Well your sse4 build work wonderfull. Speed increase in many games. I hope you and other peoole who work on this builds improve results and speed be more better.

@masaki88 how can you register at there ,you got any idea?i heard chinese quite strict in monitoring their cyber ......
Its hard to register there if you not from china but its possible. I try but there need telephone number to read sms for activate account. I try but not got sms either, My friend help me out and create another account for me. But if you want to try, start to register qq account http://zc.qq.com/en/index.html . Remember or copy your account number (its login) and go to baidu use google chrome to translete site and try to login. Use pingvin icon to login with qq and try login. But anyway you will need to read sms code. Try chose your country code and try got sms. I hope you understand my bad english)))))

X Virus

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Well your sse4 build work wonderfull. Speed increase in many games. I hope you and other peoole who work on this builds improve results and speed be more better.

Yes,the chinese team look more "aggressive" than us :rofl2:

Its hard to register there if you not from china but its possible. I try but there need telephone number to read sms for activate account. I try but not got sms either, My friend help me out and create another account for me. But if you want to try, start to register qq account http://zc.qq.com/en/index.html . Remember or copy your account number (its login) and go to baidu use google chrome to translete site and try to login. Use pingvin icon to login with qq and try login. But anyway you will need to read sms code. Try chose your country code and try got sms. I hope you understand my bad english)))))

Thank for sharing . Will try later .

wwylele

Trophies
XP
Country
China

It's not me who build the sse4 one. I am just a guy who can communicate with them.

X Virus

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
@wwylele this link <snip>, the host "xiao jie jie yi" mention your name at 8th floor in 1st page with a custom build link come together with it,that build was made by you right?Does it means using your build is better than these 2 builds in below photos(2 photo from tieba site) right for running the ORAS 721 version ,and then you look at 2nd page,at 38th floor,the guys say he able to reach Rustboro City(1st gym) and on the way to a cave ,fighting a female trainer,as what we know 13th June chinese build freeze after exiting Peterburg right? Or it is the Rom's problem but not citra emu bugs?

In conclusion,is it correct if we said:
1)ORAS original version,freeze before 1st gym+some of the place with any builds including chinese build and unofficial build
2)ORAS 721 version,freeze if and only you choose female character when you reach Fiery cave @ no freeze with male character with that build shown in photo or the build you given <snip>

Maybe it is not a new topic but i think only chinese know about that but not all of us because some or most of us stick with original version .Please read the tieba link if you don't understand what i means.....thank you

@masaki88 the build which use to boot oras 721 in these photos can be found in the link last time you gave on page 231 (with a lot of citra chinese builds),maybe you may test as well if you are free to do so

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 300
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 284
Last edited by raulpica, , Reason: Removed link to illegal Citra build -rp

wwylele

Trophies
XP
Country
China
@wwylele this link <snip>, the host "xiao jie jie yi" mention your name at 8th floor in 1st page with a custom build link come together with it,that build was made by you right?Does it means using your build is better than these 2 builds in below photos(2 photo from tieba site) right for running the ORAS 721 version ,and then you look at 2nd page,at 38th floor,the guys say he able to reach Rustboro City(1st gym) and on the way to a cave ,fighting a female trainer,as what we know 13th June chinese build freeze after exiting Peterburg right? Or it is the Rom's problem but not citra emu bugs?

In conclusion,is it correct if we said:
1)ORAS original version,freeze before 1st gym+some of the place with any builds including chinese build and unofficial build
2)ORAS 721 version,freeze if and only you choose female character when you reach Fiery cave @ no freeze with male character with that build shown in photo or the build you given

Maybe it is not a new topic but i think only chinese know about that but not all of us because some or most of us stick with original version .Please read the tieba link if you don't understand what i means.....thank you

@masaki88 the build which use to boot oras 721 in these photos can be found in the link last time you gave on page 231 (with a lot of citra chinese builds),maybe you may test as well if you are free to do so
I didn't make any build on baidu tieba, nor test any build there. Most builds there are host by gdmk. The one mentioning me is thanking me for adding sneaking support (already in official build, btw).
What you concluded is also what I concluded from comments, but havn't test them.

Last edited by raulpica,

X Virus

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Can i get the link for the second pic build ? Thanks.

Check page 231, one of the post by @masaki88 had mention a link ( https://gbatemp.net/threads/citra-new-3ds-emulator.365154/page-231#post-6444494 ) for all set of chinese citra emulator and this link keep on updating from time to time,so,the builds you want maybe not at the 1st or top part,try to scroll down for searching ,not sure is the same build as photo or not,but the name almost similar,anyway,try all of the builds at there sure can get the one shown in second picture,since most (maybe all) of the builds appeared in chinese/tieba/baidu website made by gdmk

If i not mistaken,remember only that particular ORAS 721 version of rom can be run by chinese build with little or maybe no error (except freeze at Fiery Path for Female character) as what i heard from the tieba/baidu website but i think they probably had tested the rom with chinese citra build based on what they had said in comment (In this case,just in my opinion,we assume the chinese had modify some of the part of the rom by the time the create the ORAS 721 hack rom , not sure what they had done on that rom anyway,but i may guess just because of that modification on that rom let they escape from freeze when exiting Peterburg Wood /Rustboro/cutscene/blackscreen error,but i not guarantee what i mention is correct,but i think it is not a coincidence,since citra and the contributor from this discussion mention it is the emulator problem since it still in development,but i think actually they don't understand what the citra user was saying,maybe the main problem is not the emulator,but is the rom,for example,like what happen to encrypted or decrypted rom,1 is unbootable but another is bootable ) . Some of the chinese even ask regarding the the status of running original ORAS on chinese citra build,but the host answered not sure it may run without hang/crash/freeze or not,the same goes to other so called "3ds hack rom" of Gen 6 pokemon since other hack rom may or may not run with no error on chinese build,that is why testing all the stuff to find out answer is a good choice now.

Maybe a little bit of off-topic & baised towards Pxxxmon this few days,everyone may correct and forgive me about that ,but chinese forum is the same trend as here,more than 50% of them talking about this game at discussion . :yay:

Last edited by X Virus,

X Virus

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Trick to increase fps about 10 - 20 fps of original fps on chinese citra build from baidu tieba but not sure will ended up with an overheated computer or not ,just try play citra for a while but not for too long hours with this trick ( i am not responsible if this trick not working or any other consequences happened to your pc,just share something that some of you may interest........

This link:
<snip> (use google translate if you not understand,mostly is laptop battery setting)

If you want English version:
Step 1 : Click on battery icon at button left of your laptop
2 : Click More power Options
3 : click change power settings
4 : Then click change advanced power settings
5 : At the Power Option , choose High Performance[Active],then scroll down,searching for Processor Power Management,double click on that option,now you have 2 things to do:
i)you will see Minimum Processor State and now,change its plugged in to 99%
ii)Minimum Processor State change its plugged in to 100%

After that ,click apply,and then click ok , And DONE ! :D

PROOF

the result will be increase in fps like picture below :
BEFORE (pic 6) & AFTER (pic 2-5)

USE AT YOUR OWN RISK , IF YOU DON'T WANT YOUR LAPTOP OVERHEATED BY THIS TRICK,DON'T TRY,JUST SHARING ,NO FORCING !

Attachments

• New Picture (6).jpg
    New Picture (6).jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 262
  • New Picture (2).jpg
    New Picture (2).jpg
    19 KB · Views: 304
  • New Picture (3).jpg
    New Picture (3).jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 220
  • New Picture (4).jpg
    New Picture (4).jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 248
  • New Picture (5).jpg
    New Picture (5).jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 248
Last edited by raulpica,

masaki88

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Russia
Trick to increase fps about 10 - 20 fps of original fps on chinese citra build from baidu tieba but not sure will ended up with an overheated computer or not ,just try play citra for a while but not for too long hours with this trick ( i am not responsible if this trick not working or any other consequences happened to your pc,just share something that some of you may interest........

This link:
<snip>(use google translate if you not understand,mostly is laptop battery setting)

If you want English version:
Step 1 : Click on battery icon at button left of your laptop
2 : Click More power Options
3 : click change power settings
4 : Then click change advanced power settings
5 : At the Power Option , choose High Performance[Active],then scroll down,searching for Processor Power Management,double click on that option,now you have 2 things to do:
i)you will see Minimum Processor State and now,change its plugged in to 99%
ii)Minimum Processor State change its plugged in to 100%

After that ,click apply,and then click ok , And DONE ! :D

PROOF

the result will be increase in fps like picture below :
BEFORE (pic 6) & AFTER (pic 2-5)

USE AT YOUR OWN RISK , IF YOU DON'T WANT YOUR LAPTOP OVERHEATED BY THIS TRICK,DON'T TRY,JUST SHARING ,NO FORCING !
I understand you right?

Min processor state set as 99%
maximum processor state set as 100%

Or maybe i don t correct?

Its work only on laptops or normal pc too?

About other builds. I don t know will be they much effective as sse4 builds? i don t sure about it.

Last edited by raulpica,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Right onto uremums 3d printed dildo