Homebrew Official Citra - New 3DS Emulator

mancasoko

Trophies
XP
Country
First I must say great job guys so far, keep a good work. I saw that many people are trying many games and many games can at least start, but I see that people are using different builds and on citra site there is only one build for windows. I was trying out some games too but only Ocarina of time starts but for other games that I try its only black screen for me but for other people those games start but with different build that is not on citra site. Is that someone other working on citra or is that the same team and will they put together original citra build with that other build that can start other games too? Thanks for all hard work and keep a good work and I hope soon for some big update. :)

Reactions: Margen67

neobrain

-
Trophies
XP
Country
How about making a forum for Citra where we can get som information from time to time about progress and some screenshots aswell.

I'd rather code than waste time setting up a forum, for now. There's not much of a point in the latter, because our compatibility list is pretty much "if you need a compatibility list, don't use our emulator".

chriztr

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I'd rather code than waste time setting up a forum, for now. There's not much of a point in the latter, because our compatibility list is pretty much "if you need a compatibility list, don't use our emulator".
I was thinking more alike a sub-forum at emutalk og ngemu like dolphin started out with. Ex. nothing big but a few threads about progress and screenshots maybe.

extrun20

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Noobs will be fill your mail / pm-box with silly questions via compatibility list, so i was delete it.

Nitay2015

Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
If I want to try to play/test games in citra emulator like mario paper , do I need to get a decrypted rom of it? by that I mean a CIA rom and then change it to CII rom in order to use it?
or is there some other way to do it? That's more simple :huh:

neobrain

-
Trophies
XP
Country
If I want to try to play/test games in citra emulator like mario paper , do I need to get a decrypted rom of it? by that I mean a CIA rom and then change it to CII rom in order to use it?
or is there some other way to do it? That's more simple :huh:
There are very easy to follow instructions on https://github.com/citra-emu/citra/wiki/Decryption

If you are talking about how to use Citra to use downloaded roms, then stop using Citra for that, please.

GoldenSun3DS

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does dumping and decryting ROMs require a Gateway card? I don't remember the exact firmware it's on, but I remember hearing about the Ninja exploit after I stopped using my 3DS, so it's at least at a firmware that can use Ninjhax.

My 3DS's top screen is broken, will this prevent me from dumping and decrypting games?

GoldenSun3DS

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also, I hope you guys eventually port this over to Android.
You may think that phones won't be strong enough to emulate it, but the Galaxy S6 is pretty strong.

Here's a screenshot of my Galaxy S6 emulating PPSSPP Crash Mind over Mutant:
http://i.imgur.com/RXJPzYK.jpg

That's the most demanding area I've encountered in the early game so far, and I've managed to get it to full speed with no frame skipping by setting the CPU clock speed to 55% of the PSP's base clock, but that makes the average FPS 30 instead of 40.
Well worth it for rendering it in 1440P. (Oddly enough, the speed didn't seem to be affected whether I had it at 1X or 5X resolution)

This is also with multithreading disabled because that actually makes it run slower.

emmauss

Trophies
XP
Country
Ghana
right now the devs aren't thinking of porting citra, but on making it complete ,iegiving it the functions to run games. you can't think of porting it when it doesn't even have a recompiler. or can't play almost all games to an extent.

neobrain

-
Trophies
XP
Country
Does dumping and decryting ROMs require a Gateway card? I don't remember the exact firmware it's on, but I remember hearing about the Ninja exploit after I stopped using my 3DS, so it's at least at a firmware that can use Ninjhax.

My 3DS's top screen is broken, will this prevent me from dumping and decrypting games?
It doesn't require a GW card. In theory nothing prevents you from dumping without the top screen, so if you find a step-by-step instruction video, you may be lucky and get things dumped blindly (should be doable, really). I'm not really sure if the top screen shows any relevant info at all though, so maybe there's not even any need for "blind"dumping.

Also, I'm working on a dumping tool of my own, so in any case you could eventually hack that one to output to the bottom screen instead.

Pluupy

_(:3」∠)_
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hope this emulator can support cheat codes likes RAW or Internal memory address soon, before making AR codes, Codebreaker, Game Genie, Power Saves etc.....
Seriously this.

It's so distressing not having access to all Animal Crossing items because they were apart of a limited event in another region.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol