Homebrew Official Citra - New 3DS Emulator

RHY3756547

Trophies
XP
Country
Interestingly, if you catch invalid address pointers in the Vertex Shader (and break out, or to next instruction) you can get ingame in Super Monkey Ball 3D in the software renderer. This obviously doesn't fix the underlying problem, but it's pretty cool either way.

sw2.png
sw4.png

sw5.png
sw6.png

It doesn't boot at all using hardware vertex shaders - there are a number of problems there... The last screenshot here is the precise moment it crashed.

dubbz82

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I haven't looked into this in a while, and i've looked at the decryption page in the wiki article, but before I go ahead and build from source, i'd like to know what the output file format the program expects, as it's never really specified in the guide if it's looking for a decrypted .3ds, a decrypted .cia, or if you can just point it to a folder...

zecoxao

Trophies
XP
Country
I haven't looked into this in a while, and i've looked at the decryption page in the wiki article, but before I go ahead and build from source, i'd like to know what the output file format the program expects, as it's never really specified in the guide if it's looking for a decrypted .3ds, a decrypted .cia, or if you can just point it to a folder...

essentially, something decrypted would be what they want, since they can't decrypt the games yet

dubbz82

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I used a .cia backup and converted to .cci with makerom a it worked.

so it's expecting .cci. that sorta bites, as it's not particularly a widely used format outside of citra, but at least now i know. Hopefully in the future they'll support .cia directly or rebuilt .3ds files. It would certainly be nice to use the same formats between the 3ds itself and the emulator (really I'm more interested in this out of curiosity sake rather than actually attempting to play through anything on it yet, since it's obviously a bit too early to do that). I'll probably compile it from source later today or tomorrow.

Duo8

Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
so it's expecting .cci. that sorta bites, as it's not particularly a widely used format outside of citra, but at least now i know. Hopefully in the future they'll support .cia directly or rebuilt .3ds files. It would certainly be nice to use the same formats between the 3ds itself and the emulator (really I'm more interested in this out of curiosity sake rather than actually attempting to play through anything on it yet, since it's obviously a bit too early to do that). I'll probably compile it from source later today or tomorrow.

.3DS is .cci . You're lucky it doesn't outright just ask a NCCH.
It really bugs me that people went with .3ds instead of .cci, since something else already used that extension.

joshwaan2k

Trophies
XP
Country
Hey Guys

I'm running Windows 7 and trying to run Citra on my Dell M6700 and no luck it crashs when I launch the program with cave story any hints?

Cheers

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Nvm i didnt "hear", it's a truth +1