Homebrew Official Citra - New 3DS Emulator

LG_

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Thank you for the info. Do you happen to know at what framerates it runs? As well do I have to run a decrypted backup?
Specs are:
AMD FX 6200 OC'd to 4.2GHz
GTX 750 TI Superclocked
16GB ddr4 RAM (32gb readyboost, for lulz)
I have build 0.1.45 as well.
Here I reach 40 to 55 fps indoors and drop down to only 12 to 22 fps outdoors (in the city). As my CPU clock is only 3.1 GHz, you should reach a better speed in general.

Reactions: Hatchetball

LG_

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
What are the chances that will will see Smartphone use with this emulator for the sake of the 2nd screen?
The chances are: the number of people that want to code for it to be possible. It's an open source project, if no one want to code this function, this will never happen. If you search for "Citra dual screen setup" on Youtube you can find my video showing that you can do this now with a third party app, but this is off-topic.

Reactions: LightyKD

Hatchetball

RepititionRedundancyRepitition
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here I reach 40 to 55 fps indoors and drop down to only 12 to 22 fps outdoors (in the city).
I'm getting an average of 27fps indoors and 23-43 outdoors. Then that drops to roughly 14 if I move lol are there any certain settings to change to make ot run any more decent. This is the only response I've got from anyone about FL on citra lol codes, things to change, GPU setting that may help. Appreciate it LG

LG_

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I'm getting an average of 27fps indoors and 23-43 outdoors. Then that drops to roughly 14 if I move lol are there any certain settings to change to make ot run any more decent. This is the only response I've got from anyone about FL on citra lol codes, things to change, GPU setting that may help. Appreciate it LG
Nope, you can't change anything to make it run better, this is normal as the emulator is still in development. Just test the game everytime a new build is out to check for performance enhancements

fpsbroski

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Fantasy Life now runs on the latest citra bleeding edge build! The sd card problem got fixed but still a bit choppy. framerate drops to 10 when entering the town after leaving your house. I will keep testing to find any new fixes as i own loads of roms and i love to find out what got improved :)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Anyone have any luck with getting Fantasy Life playable yet?
yep check my above post ^^ the sd problem is solved!

Hatchetball

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nope, you can't change anything to make it run better, this is normal as the emulator is still in development.
As I thought. It's a shame the debugging features can't be used to mess with things. Even with video editing (properly) recording (high resolution 60fps) Fantasy Life without a 3DS capture card is proving to be a pain. In time I suppose.

Reactions: fpsbroski and LG_

JayFoxRox

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Dose he mean this one ?, user folder NAND and maybe shared_font.bin needed 2

*Pictures removed*

https://github.com/Jhno*linkDefused*/citra-bleeding-edge

EDIT: CMD list for githubers

Would you PLEASE stop linking your unofficial builds from the official thread?
Only because your builds are named the same as ours doesn't mean it's okay.

Especially don't do it after you seem to have uploaded crypto keys to your repo which is the worst thing you could possibly have done (as it's enough for the owner to shut down all Citra repos from github, which will in turn result in trouble for contributors until the dispute has been processed - which could take months).
Please only upload stuff (anywhere, including github) which is 100% fine legally; Also don't drag Citra and it's contributors into this.

Reactions: Sandder9

Hatchetball

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also don't drag Citra and it's contributors into this.
Amen. While I may have a slim chance, you are most likely the only person who can answer me correctly. The question pertains to the unofficial citra jit september release and Fantasy Life.
How much faster is the current official build than that September unofficial? How do I get the sd card issue with Fantasy Life fixed on the unofficial September build? (compatibility testing purposes).
I've google'd my brains out tonight and have basically been redirected back to the same person's fix but there is zero info on how to apply the fix. Simply a "wait for merger" - but there's no unofficial update after and if a official solution has been found. What do I do to fix this?
(no disrespect intended, just wanna run things with certain setting for an article I'm working on about Citra) thanks.

Last edited by Hatchetball, , Reason: Error

Marya

Trophies
XP
Country
Just like naming glitch in Pokemon X, there's seem to be a similar glitch like that in Harvest Moon: Skytree Village but unlike Harvest Moon: A New Beginning, the Citra doesn't die.
Anyone call me fill me on more about this glitch? + any ways to fix it?

Last edited by Marya,

drwhojan

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Would you PLEASE stop linking your unofficial builds from the official thread?
Only because your builds are named the same as ours doesn't mean it's okay.

Especially don't do it after you seem to have uploaded crypto keys to your repo which is the worst thing you could possibly have done (as it's enough for the owner to shut down all Citra repos from github, which will in turn result in trouble for contributors until the dispute has been processed - which could take months).
Please only upload stuff (anywhere, including github) which is 100% fine legally; Also don't drag Citra and it's contributors into this.

All was removed from keys, without that 0x2c very impossible to get as boot rom 1 in a zillion combos, the rest is much useless, until all three meat..

Last edited by drwhojan,

JayFoxRox

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
How much faster is the current official build than that September unofficial? How do I get the sd card issue with Fantasy Life fixed on the unofficial September build? (compatibility testing purposes).
Simply a "wait for merger" - but there's no unofficial update after and if a official solution has been found. What do I do to fix this?
(no disrespect intended, just wanna run things with certain setting for an article I'm working on about Citra) thanks.

Faster? None. We don't work on performance and progress has been slow lately. We had a number of huge features (cro, jit, bleeding-edge) recently so people are taking breaks afterwards. Also nightly build server is down unexpectedly (so motivation took a hit I'd guess).

SD-Card issues: wait for merger. ;)

As for the "unofficial September build": I have no idea which one you are talking about, but we don't provide support for those either.
But in general: as unofficial builds still have to comply with the GPL you have all the necessary materials and tools to create your own version of Citra.
Aside from that our official bleeding-edge builds are always based on the official master / nightly version with WIP-features added.
So if anybody works on SD card stuff we'll first have it in BE and then in the nightly.
If there is already a version without the SD card issues but it doesn't work on bleeding-edge, you should tell us which version works and we'll likely add that feature to bleeding-edge.
There shouldn't be any reason to use ancient versions from September either.

I recommend checking out our discord or IRC if you are writing an article, as we can respond more quickly and you can get input by as many contributors as possible - we sometimes have divided opinions on things.

Anyone knows about the glitch? :sad:

This is a forum, not a chat. Wait until someone responds, if there is no response for a week you may ask about it again.
If you need answers quick you should use a chat instead.

Just like naming glitch in Pokemon X, there's seem to be a similar glitch like that in Harvest Moon: Skytree Village but unlike Harvest Moon: A New Beginning, the Citra doesn't die.
Anyone call me fill me on more about this glitch? + any ways to fix it?

The software keyboard is not implemented yet. So Citra will always return "Citra" as a name as far as I know.
I guess this is closely related? Just wait until someone implements it properly [probably don't expect it before mid 2017, Christmas will slow things down and new features take a while].

Reactions: Hatchetball

LG_

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Resident Evil The Mecenaries now goes to the menu for the latest bleeding edge version :)
No, this game can reach in-game for a long time and this is nothing new. Check Google for a compatibility list to make sure any test you do is useful, most of the mainstream games are already tested and listed.

fpsbroski

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
No, this game can reach in-game for a long time and this is nothing new. Check Google for a compatibility list to make sure any test you do is useful, most of the mainstream games are already tested and listed.
Well that's funny cuz I saw on that list that the game was not even bootable, but anyway I will but atleast I am taking my time to test out all these games

Also the Pokémon Sun & Moon Demo plays really well on the latest bleeding edge so that's some good news :)

Harvest Moon Skytree Village works on the latest bleeding edge aswell I am getting 30-50 fps all the time
fb156a334ca5fd2ddbff79bef1016c22.png

Last edited by fpsbroski,

JayFoxRox

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Here's the glitch's video: https://vid.me/yHS2

You could check the log if the game tries to read some kind of blacklist for words. If that doesn't exist you should dump it (see our home folder dumping wiki article; I believe that contains it).
Aside from that: Yes, broken keyboard service probably. Be patient and if you find a working build report it to us so we can fix it on master.

Marya

Trophies
XP
Country
You could check the log if the game tries to read some kind of blacklist for words. If that doesn't exist you should dump it (see our home folder dumping wiki article; I believe that contains it).
Aside from that: Yes, broken keyboard service probably. Be patient and if you find a working build report it to us so we can fix it on master.
Here's the full footage: https://vid.me/MQP6

Last edited by Marya,

fpsbroski

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Mario Party: Star Rush works without problems on the latest bleeding edge build :)
Screen:
86dcf6f1abb02856f9b2558cdf1ec068.png

Also Sega 3D Classics also works fine if anyone wanted to know
Screen:
5295282dec8ef53a0d0849f26891a318.png

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    My biggest prob is alcohol, definitely is fattening
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I know when to stop at least honestly don't get those that go and go with food
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or those that order 2 big macs , large fry, ice cream sundie, then a diet coke
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I might get downing two big macs but nah that's it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok that will be $15.99, cash or charge?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My go to orders usually a mcdouble and a mcchicken and I'm happy rarely mess with fries
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Pro tip ask for that clowns jizzmac sauce on your mcdouble
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Do they charge extra when you add sauce,etc? I know burger king used to not, but don't know nowadays
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They may squrit it for free if you ask nice
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Last time I got bk it was 35c per sauce fuck you king of my nutsack
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll buy a bottle of baby rays BBQ for $2 and add it from home out of spite
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I like baby rays, my favorite is KC masterpiece tho. Figured all you could buy is that there.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The metro doesn't discriminate good sauce
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Baby Rays isn't that what killed the crocodile hunter?
    If only he had done an endorsement for them....
    Oy mate don't let a bad bbq sauce kill your party! Baby Rays are killing it!! The flavor hits you right in the chest!
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    My phone only has 13% battery so i don't have much time left
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Now 12%
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Happy birthday, btw
    Time is running out for your phone!
  • AdenTheThird @ AdenTheThird:
    https://youtu.be/JmSqorj-EC0?si=vYqR8D7FZeO4N-TH
    At 1 AM, this video is the funniest thing in the world
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Notes on Android got some cool new features like dropping a image in
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Notes on Android got some cool new features like dropping a image in