Homebrew Official Citra - New 3DS Emulator

mcdgray129

Trophies
XP
Country
I didn't delete any GCC builds, only the Chinese builds for which source wasn't shared. Feel free to look back in this thread and confirm it for yourself.

Them Chines builds are the compiled GCC build.
A user can follow the same process them selfs to compile them if they know how.
All the Chinese are doing is compiling them for people who cant, but the is nothing new added to them at all thats not already shared.

This isnt really a problem for me since i have the original site bookmarked anyways, but i can see how its a problem for other users who use gbatemp.
And i honestly dont think its fair that the Citra devs are trying to stop this since the source is online.

Reactions: amicus

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
All the Chinese are doing is compiling them for people who cant, but the is nothing new added to them at all thats not already shared.

This isnt really a problem for me since i have the original site bookmarked anyways, but i can see how its a problem for other users who use gbatemp.
And i honestly dont think its fair that the Citra devs are trying to stop this since the source is online.
Nope, the Chinese builds also have extensive mods to the source (more games are compatible). GPL means that no modded sources released along with the binary = illegal.

The Citra devs are just requesting what's fair from the Chinese devs - they're using their source, the license asks them to release the sources they've modified and that's exactly what they're not doing. Until they do so, no linking to the Chinese builds. If people really want them, they can use Google.

mcdgray129

Trophies
XP
Country
Nope, the Chinese builds also have extensive mods to the source (more games are compatible). No sources released = illegal.

The Citra devs are just requesting what's fair from the Chinese devs - they're using their source, the license asks them to release the sources they've modified and that's exactly what they're not doing. Until they do so, no linking to the Chinese builds. If people really want them, they can use Google.
Yes far more games are bootable compared to Citra's Nightly build.
But i ask you what new games are bootable that isnt bootable in any of the other unoffical builds from say Leo626 here??.
Personally i have not seen any but i could be wrong?.

Leo121

Trophies
XP
Country
Trinidad and Tobago
But i ask you what new games are bootable that isnt bootable in any of the other unoffical builds from say Leo626 here??.
How did they get Kid Icarus Uprising to boot properly?

raulpica

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
The difference is that Leo626 has a github repository and he publishes the sources for his Citra mod.

I thought my previous post was extremely clear that the issue here is that the Chinese Team is not releasing the sources - I must've repeated that something like 4 times :P

JayFoxRox

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The

wwylele already talked to the author of the chinese builds about the GPL issue.
If there is a release without source offer or source included it's a GPL violation and we should not tolerate it (a violation of the terms IS NOT fair, speaking out about it IS fair).
We don't know for certain if / what they changed + if they changed the makefile it's also under the GPL.
If they are merging different branches that's a modification of the source and they have to share how they merged stuff to comply with the GPL.

Aside from that, Citra itself is currently having some trouble complying with the GPL of the code it is including from other projects.
We are working on it though and hopefully we'll improve the GPL situation for everyone involved before $bad_things happen.

Eventually everyone creating custom builds should have the habit of linking back to the original Citra repo (or their modified version of it) and including the license (which Citra fails to do itself! - we are working on it).

Last edited by JayFoxRox,

mcdgray129

Trophies
XP
Country
How did they get Kid Icarus Uprising to boot properly?
Seems like they are using an older build of citra since some effects thats in new builds are broken.
So they must of mixed and matched different commits. Didnt someone else have Kid Icarus booting before in an older build? i think it was john god games maybe??.
Its just im pretty sure i remember someone having that game booting before.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

wwylele already talked to the author of the chinese builds about the GPL issue.
If there is a release without source offer or source included it's a GPL violation and we should not tolerate it (a violation of the terms IS NOT fair, speaking out about it IS fair).
We don't know for certain if / what they changed + if they changed the makefile it's also under the GPL.
If they are merging different branches that's a modification of the source and they have to share how they merged stuff to comply with the GPL.

Aside from that, Citra itself is currently having some trouble complying with the GPL of the code it is including from other projects.
We are working on it though and hopefully we'll improve the GPL situation for everyone involved before $bad_things happen.

Eventually everyone creating custom builds should have the habit of linking back to the original Citra repo (or their modified version of it) and including the license (which Citra fails to do itself!).
I thought waylay or one of the other citra devs was in talk with the Chinese about doing this??

John1234

Trophies
XP
Country
If everything is illegal what is the point of this place again?

I completely agree with you man. make this thread illegal too since it's not official site.
Official builds won't get speed up till October to 2017.

Only copyright things should be illegal such as roms etc.

Reactions: rbm666

Leo121

Trophies
XP
Country
Trinidad and Tobago
Seems like they are using an older build of citra since some effects thats in new builds are broken.
So they must of mixed and matched different commits. Didnt someone else have Kid Icarus booting before in an older build? i think it was john god games maybe??.
Its just im pretty sure i remember someone having that game booting before.

Nope, Kid Icarus Uprising (as long I can remember) has never been able to boot properly on nightly builds. The only videos of it running on Citra used that Chinese build which violates the GPL since there isn't a source for it. In other words, they made changes to boot the game and aren't sharing it with the developers.

raulpica

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I completely agree with you man. make this thread illegal too since it's not official site.
Official builds won't get speed up till October to 2017.

Only copyright things should be illegal such as roms etc.
I'll post about this one last time before we start removing posts.

A friendly reminder on the third line in our Terms and Rules:
All actions, moderation and administration of GBAtemp are decided by the staff only and are not open to debate.

GPL licenses are a kind of "copyright" as well and as such we'll enforce it, especially if requested by one of the devs.

Now enough off-topic.

mcdgray129

Trophies
XP
Country
Nope, Kid Icarus Uprising (as long I can remember) has never been able to boot properly on nightly builds. The only videos of it running on Citra used that Chinese build which violates the GPL since there isn't a source for it. In other words, they made changes to boot the game and aren't sharing it with the developers.

I guess thats completely different then.

mcdgray129

Trophies
XP
Country
Leo or someone else. Can one of you guys please make a build of Citra gcc with the AVX or SSE4 command and also with this "Contorl-archive, CRO, Dont-be-lazy, erreula, frame_layouts, gs-new-refactor, input-gui, rebase, kernelsetstate, pipe3, set-config-block, soc-getaddrinfo, srv-update, systime, wait-fix-timeout, update-apt, func2, motion-sensor, MinGw64"

Thats everything in that Chinese build. I hope someone can build this so i can test it out.

breel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My gcc nightly build is still quite slow, but I don't have any of these other branches in, so not sure if that's why.

breel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I never tried either, so I'm not sure but I'm guessing adding the remotes to local and merging them, hoping there won't be conflicts.

edit: Yup that works!

Last edited by breel,

Dark_ark

Trophies
XP
Country
[ 0.152588] Service <Error> core\hle\service\service.cpp:Service::Interface::SyncRequest:70: unknown / unimplemented function 'Subscribe': port=srv:, cmd_buff[1]=0x209

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Bunjolio @ Bunjolio: a