Hardware Circle Pad Pro

Hanks6

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
just wondering if anyone has one of these on order or may get to play with one soon?

circlepad128.jpg

comes out end of January w/ Resident Evil and standalone in Europe, but I may be tempted to import one before then (a lot of Mario Karting to be done!). am really interested how it works as a bigger grip for standard games (presumably you don't need it turned on all the time), i believe it doesn't replace any of the existing inputs, only adds extra buttons for compatible titles.

Hanks6

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
and it promises 480 hours of gameplay off one single AAA battery

i see that detail being hyped all over the news wire for some reason. considering it only provides a small amount of controller functionality, you'd expect it to run off the 3DS existing battery, or as is the case, last a very long time off its own power source.

i'm more interested in how the thing handles compared to gripping the 3DS natively. 3DS isn't very ergonomic for me so I would use the CPP for the most part when playing at home. hoping someone Japanese posts meaningful feedback on it now it's been released.

saberjoy

Trophies
XP
Country
India
i had expected to get a lot of battery life from this thing cuz all it has are buttons, so its battery consumption has to be very less, imagine a tv remote...... when was the last time you installed fresh batteries in it,

but even though it doesnt leech much power its good that it doesnt use the already weak 3ds battery

Hanks6

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
My big question is if it comes in the other colours. It's gonna look taacky on a blue 3ds...

i've seen no indication that it's available in any other colour except for black right now. so it might be an extra wait if you want a coloured one, or they may sort something out before the Euro/US release. seems unlikely they'll bother for a while, pissing off all the coloured 3DS owners.

http://www.play-asia.com/Nintendo_3DS_Expansion_Slide_Pad/paOS-13-71-18p-49-en-70-4dxf.html

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
no it doesnt, at least theres no good reason it would.
but it makes the ds bigger, meaning it might be easier to hold for some people

Hanks6

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Does it work with Mario Kart 7 ? o.O

nope, unless they were to patch the game. but i'm most interested in just using it as a grip in MK7 - the 3DS is not very comfortable for prolonged MK and if the CPP improves things a little it's a must-have. I miss the days of my DS Phat and sliding on MKDS like there was no tommorow :(

xile6

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I plan to get resident evil so may just get the bundle. But I also got a blue 3ds n it will look funny with the pad being black. Also seems to make the 3ds bigger so current case n pockets wont hold them both.

TheZoc

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

nope, unless they were to patch the game. but i'm most interested in just using it as a grip in MK7 - the 3DS is not very comfortable for prolonged MK and if the CPP improves things a little it's a must-have. I miss the days of my DS Phat and sliding on MKDS like there was no tommorow :(

You might want to get a Nyko Power Pak+. I got one, improved considerably the grip :)
Also, the extra battery life is awesome ;)

Reactions: 1 person

Hanks6

OP
Trophies
XP
Country

You might want to get a Nyko Power Pak+. I got one, improved considerably the grip :)
Also, the extra battery life is awesome ;)

that sounds good, i will check it out and may consider it. only got my 3DS in the last week. just with the CPP it's something I would have wanted to get anyway (for compatible games). would be interested in a grip specific comparison between the Nyko and this. the extra battery life is appealing too though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: now i'm not gay, but hear me out