Hacking cIOSX rev21d2x: Yet Another Hot Fix!!!!

Did d2x work for you?

• Yes, I had an issue with the official cios and d2x fixed it

Votes: 93 48.2%
  • Yes, but everything was already working for me with the official cios

Votes: 82 42.5%
  • No, and I posted what goes wrong

Votes: 9 4.7%
  • No, and I won't report what goes wrong because I am a troll

Votes: 9 4.7%

• Total voters

nickh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
@davebol and XFlax,
Thanks. For some reason I did not expect to see the change log in the source tab and since I don't understand the source I normally keep clear of it. I missed it entirely in the zip file.

Squall Leonhart

Trophies
Website
vba-m.com
XP
Country
Australia
Is there any change log for v7 available? The first page of the thread only goes up to v6 and I can't see anything obvious on the google codes site. Thanks.
see changelog.txt inside the zip http://code.google.c.../downloads/list

These files are 7zip, not Zip.

The extension used prevents most unpacker/packer tools from opening the archive.

renaming to 7z and all of them magically open it fine.

99% of ZIP unpackers (winzip included) cannot read LZMA packed Zip files.

norbyte

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hey davebaol,

today I installed d2x v7 using d2x cios installer v3.1. Unfortunately, none of my favorite games are running fine anymore. I had to switch back to d2x v6. Both issues are reported on google code.
Thanks in advance for fixing it. The changelog for v7 is awesome, btw. :)

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
@norbyte:
About your issue with Epic Yarn and the corrupted save, you say that "using the same settings with v6" it's working, but isn't v6 not compatible with partial Nand emu?
How could you use the same settings to test the Partial nand emu in both versions?

@Davebaol :
I guess you forgot the Nand emulation feature in the changelog ;)
You talk about emulating the /imports path while in partial Nand emu, but it's the first time you talk about the "partial" mode in the changelog.

Thanks for your release :)

I have a question about the installation:
I'm currently on alpha5 with the debug, and I'm wondering if there is a way to install the final version with the debug output for USBgecko.
Is there's an easy way (a setting) to choose whether to enable it or not using the same cIOS installer?

netspy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've just done some NAND emulation tests using the latest USB loader GX (rev 1123) and d2x v7 final, and I have a few questions :

1/ Is it possible to use DLCs directly from the emulated NAND using partial emulation ?

I tried using The Beatles Rock Band DLCs (they are stored in the folder "title/00010005/72394a50/content" in my original NAND, and I extracted them from a Bootmii dump to the same path in my emulated NAND), they seem to be only detected in full emulation mode, so I guess only some "/title" subfolders are emulated in partial emulation mode, not the whole "/title" folder. Am I right ?

2/ The Beatles Rock Band is unable to write the game save correctly on my emulated NAND, I've an in-game error message saying the savegame can not be written, then when I load the game again, the savegame is said to be corrupted. (I also tried using Rock Band 2, and did not have this kind of problem). Any ideas/suggestions ?

Thanks in advance, and thanks again to davebaol for this new and amazing d2x version.

davebaol

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
@Davebaol :
I guess you forgot the Nand emulation feature in the changelog ;)
You talk about emulating the /imports path while in partial Nand emu, but it's the first time you talk about the "partial" mode in the changelog.

Thanks for your release :)
No man, I didn't forget it. :P
Partial nand emu is there since waninkoko's cios rev17.
Full nand emu has been introduced by ciosx rev18+.
Both modes are supported by d2x cios since its birth.

I have a question about the installation:
I'm currently on alpha5 with the debug, and I'm wondering if there is a way to install the final version with the debug output for USBgecko.
Is there's an easy way (a setting) to choose whether to enable it or not using the same cIOS installer?
Contact me on wiiflow irc. ;)

@netspy
The only DLC I tested are the online update for MW3 and Black Ops fixed in v7.
So it's possible you encountered a cios bug.
Please make more tests and report a new issue on d2x google code, if appropriate.

netspy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for your answer.

So, I've done more tests :

1/ I found a way to make the DLC work in partial NAND emulation mode.
Copying "/title" folders and subfolders is not enough. You also have to copy the "/ticket" folders and subfolders in the emulated NAND folders.

2/ I keep having the error message : "Saving has failed for an unknown reason. Selected storage device is no longer available".
- Copying the game save from a Bootmii dump doesn't solve the issue.
- Copying the game save using the "copy to emulated nand" feature in USB Loader GX doesn't solve the issue.
- Deleting the game save folder in emulated NAND in order to let the game create a new save file doesn't solve the issue.

I'll do some more tests and I'll open a new issue on google code if I can't find a solution.

norbyte

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
@netspy:

I also had an issue with a corrupted save game in partial nand emulation mode. Real nand worked fine. Today I found out, that "uid.sys" was corrupted. If you create a new partial nand by the loader, "uid.sys" will not be copied from real nand. So try deleting "uid.sys" from your emulated nand folder if that file exists. This solved my issue.

TyRaNtM

I did some projects..
Trophies
Website
www.power-ups.net
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
What IOS I need to use to be able to play COD: Black Ops and MW3?
Because is I play with other IOS, the game freezes in the loading screen even before the main title screen.

netspy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@norbyte : I followed your advice but the problem is still there. Thanks for your help anyway, it's appreciated.
I opened a new issue on d2x google code.

kineticUk

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Just updated to d2x v7 final and installed 245-251 for wiiflow..
Everythings great except I cannot play raving rabbids collection or monopoly collection past the game select title screens, after selecting a game I get black screens and need to reset.
Can these games (pal) be played yet does anyone know, I'm using wiiflow r417 and have a few problems with certain IOS reloading games only.
I'm wondering if its just a loader compatibility or not? thanks for any replys.

Etheboss

Official LULWUT supporter
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Just updated to d2x v7 final and installed 245-251 for wiiflow..
Everythings great except I cannot play raving rabbids collection or monopoly collection past the game select title screens, after selecting a game I get black screens and need to reset.
Can these games (pal) be played yet does anyone know, I'm using wiiflow r417 and have a few problems with certain IOS reloading games only.
I'm wondering if its just a loader compatibility or not? thanks for any replys.
Use the nightly build r417alpha4. r417 definitely has issues with a few games, like the ones you mentioned.

davebaol

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
davebaol:
Do you know the cause for some VC N64 games not getting past the classic controller screen on emulated nand (issue #9 in google code)?
eh I'd really like to know the cause.
I just know we have a major issue in nand emulation with some ww/vc games. I think it's a subtle issue d-cache related.
Note that this issue doesn't affect nand emu when a disc-based game is running.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://a.co/d/8tRQnqT